Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 8/30

fox2star

Cathlete
Good morning,

Today I did Live Metabolic 300, 50 minutes, 292 calories. Lots of streaming problems today...not sure what was going on. :mad:

Cathy, that sounds like a great plan!

Carolyn, good job on Cardio Quick Fix & Gentle Yoga. Yes, I retired March 1, 2015. Best thing I ever did. I cannot imagine what it it like now with working etc.

Valerie, your way to work out makes sense since you can't predict the weather. I had my teeth cleaned a couple weeks ago. ( at John's office of course!). Besides the usual masks etc that they have been doing for decades, they now wear face shields too. Also take time between each patient to sanitize etc. I was not worried at all.

Diane Sue, that is frustrating, when you are hiring a service to not have to go out, and they don't get everything you ordered, meaning you have to go out anyway. What is the protocol for that? Do they bring you the item later? on a different trip etc? You paid for it right? Not that it is a lot of $$, but still....

Hi to Judy, & Lori

Take care

Deb sorry to hear you had so much trouble streaming your workout today. That had to be so frustrating for you.

Today was back day and I did 4DS Higher Intensity Cardio Only and Total Stretching with the ball #2. I'm just going to decide day to day what cardio, abs and stretch to do, though in the past I find I tend to pick my favorites and avoid the harder stuff. I got briefly interrupted during cardio by Nick calling. He'd gone shopping and when he came out the alarm on the car went off and he didn't know how to stop it. Derek has the actual key fob with the remote door and alarm controls on it and all Nick has is a key. Told him to just try unlocking it and that worked. They need to switch so whoever has the car, which will almost always be Nick, has the key fob.

Valerie aren't we always hardest on ourselves? I'm just worried that if I have a run of bad days, I'll toss in the towel and I've done that too many times in recent years. I'm on some upper peninsula groups and they are the same way when someone mentions a favorite spot. Because they know a lot of non-Yoopers are also on those lists.

Diane Sue that's frustrating that you didn't get everything you needed. The Whole Foods I shop at is doing a booming delivery and pick up right now. The coolers and shelves up front always have a lot of stuff on them and I shop early, and there are more people in the store shopping delivery/pickups than there are people there shopping for themselves. And can I just say I think you're ability to work out late in the day is fabulous. If I don't start by about 10 a.m. you can forget it. A long time ago, I went to after work and evening classes, but from the moment I started going before work, that was all she wrote and anything that had a p.m. after it.

This morning I did 40 minutes of Peloton Rides. I plan on doing a weight workout later today.

Deb-That's too bad about the streaming issues :( I noticed a few issues with Peloton streaming today too.

Cathy- I often feel like I have so many options for workouts that I can't make a decision. I do Cathe's workouts the most and add in others where I can. Nice job with 4 DS! That is a great series.

Carolyn-Great job with Cardio Quick Fix and Gentle Yoga!

Diane Sue-My allergies are really bad now too. I want to run but I'm trying to avoid being outside until the pollen goes back down a little.

Valerie-We have the same issue with our metro parks here, mobs of unruly people. This was several years ago, but I remember one holiday weekend we tried to ride at one of the metro parks and we were literally at a standstill on our bikes due to so many people being on the trail. We would barely get moving before we had to stop again. We only go there on weekdays now.

Hi to Lori!

Today is my rest day. Deb, thanks for starting the thread today. Nice job getting in Live Metabolic 300 with so many streaming issues. That must have been very frustrating.

Cathy, great job with 4 Day Split Lower Intensity Cardio and your stretch. I agree with Valerie, don’t be so hard on yourself. Just do what you feel is right at the moment.

Judy, great job with the Peloton ride today. My allergies are bothering me too. I woke up with a mild sinus headache this morning.

Hello to Diane Sue, Valerie, and Lori.

Good morning. we did our usual sunday morning ride, 25 miles 2 hrs 5 minutes. it was pleasant if a little busier than usual. stopped for blueberries and raspberries on the way back.

Hiking trail information was always available but you needed to read a trail guide book or look at maps. a small effort. the last few years due to social media etc every hike gets publicized with pictures. places that a few years ago had only a few people now have a cast of hundreds. they dump trash, poop on the trails, off leash dogs and many talk loudly and bring loud music. and hike without any supplies so if theres a problem they scream like babies and call for help. that is NOT what I want from hiking. these same people are already complaining about crowds! I love to hike but those conditions make it intolerable. we have a few less well known places we still can go but now those are getting named.

If I'm doing cardio, I like mornings best, mainly because my caffeine is kicking in. when we ride or hike its always in the morning. weight workouts I'm fine with later in the day and I will do cardio then too, if that's the only time I have.

Today is a rest day. My grandchildren will be back tomorrow. I ran to the Dollar store to get what I did not get from Whole Foods Delivery. Still no napkins so I just picked up paper towels which were sparse as I had to get the small rolls of DG brand. I send napkins in my husbands lunch every day. When is the lack of supplies going to stop anyway? I rushed through the shopping so I could try and get out before I had another coughing sneezing attack with these allergies. My poor husband did not get much sleep because of all of the coughing. Nothing wrong other than the itchy throat and sinuses. I feel sorry for him because he is having to move his hours around from his graveyard shift to day shift on weekends till the do something about another employee.

Deb, it sounds like you have been busy. The school district my daughter is teaching in and living in has a few in class with masks etc., some that come a couple of days a week, and the others are virtual. At least that is my understanding. There is just no way parents can work and try to be there for their children. That is just not a good situation. I use a Fire TV stick to stream Coffey Fit Raw as she has an App like Cathe has an App. I have both on the Fire Stick, just have not signed up for Cathe Live in awhile.
When you order certain things that have to be weighed there is a price estimate when you shop as something might be slightly over the weight. Like I ordered 6# of lean ground beef and it was slightly over 6#. Also 3 bananas. Whole foods fives you options for some items that they may not have in stock when the put the order together. I chose from a list of what they could substitute with. Some items I just marked that I did not want a substitution. Some of the substitutions were silly. Like for the napkins they had toilet paper. Why would I want to substitute toilet paper for napkins? They subbed blackberries for blueberries. They were really good blackberries that were huge and sweet, like I remember picking fresh before. I was surprised that they would not have blueberries in stock though. Sprouts always has lots of them. I stopped there after Dollar General to pick some up. Whole Foods did text me about the napkins , but then marked that I had declined. I don't know how they didn't have potato chips either. Weird.
Most of the time with Walmart if you pick up, you get the surprise of what you didn't get when you arrive home. Whole Foods was pretty much the same way. I will say Whole Foods chooses fruits and vegetables and that time of thing well and everything is bagged and packaged nicely. Walmart has all of these young people choosing your stuff and it does not always go well. I do pay ahead, but the actual amount comes out after the order is put in. Whole Foods is free delivery for Prime customers spending over 35 dollars. They do suggest and take out 10 dollars tip for the delivery person and there is a spot to change that amount if you don't want to give that amount. I just always give the 10 dollars.

Valerie, I would not worry too much about the dentist either. I don't plan on going for awhile though. I checked their website and they do what Deb said and have shields on when doing the cleaning and work. Everything is disinfected, plexiglass between work stations and along hallways is what it sounded like. Wait in the car till they call you in and no cell phone or put it in their box with some sort of thing that kills bacteria. Seriously that sounds unpleasant to me. I will wait unless I have a problem. One thing I noticed at a dentist office years ago when they were working on a crown, that the light overhead had lots of splatters on it. I swear I check that out now every time I go to a dentist, because it was kind of disgusting.

Cathy, my husband and I both have key fobs for his car. It makes it nice even though I don't use his often. My car has no luxury features. I push the button down to lock the car door, unlock with my key, etc.. The one feature I don't like is one time I went out to vote and pushed the button down to lock my car door while talking to a couple next to me. I closed the car door and my car was still running. Glad I had my purse and phone. I called my house and my husband wouldn't rouse from sleep. He worked all night. So, I called my grandson who lives nearby and went inside to vote (this was a couple of years ago) We had to leave my car running while he took me to my house and I had no house key! So, I had to pound on the door with my dog barking till my husband got up and I got my key. After that, he had a key made for me that does not have the chip in it to start the car, but will unlock the door. I keep it in my purse. I have never had to use it though. I would have thought the car would be sending a tone because my car door was open and my car was running. Lesson learned. I just do what I have time for and feel like. Often I have something kind of picked out, or know it needs to be cardio as I have just done a total body workout or something like that. Sometimes I switch up the cardio because boxing day after day makes my neck and shoulders hurt. I have a huge tote full of scrapbook stuff and a couple of notebooks that I started. Just never have time for all of those projects. My husband mentioned I need to paint another painting and I just can never seem to find the time to set up and do that stuff. Painting requires set up and pick up, it doesn't just happen.

Judy, I too have been avoiding doing stuff outside. I went out and weed eated the back a week ago and I was coughing and drippy by the time I came in. Plus it has been really hot and getting into the 100's lately. Nice work on the Peloton ride today. You have done well keeping up with your workouts. I don't know why anyone would want to go riding if the parks are that crowded. That sounds crazy. We have riders around here all of the time and around our parks nearby, but no crowds.

Carolyn, I hope you enjoyed your rest day today.

Today I did Ellen Barrett’s Fusion Flow from the Studio series. It was 45 minutes and with 154 calories burned. My average heart rate was 102 and maximum heart rate was 154. The workout is a fusion of yoga, dance (ballet), and pilates. Like many of Ellen’s workouts, it‘s harder than it first appears. I’m planning to do less strenuous workouts for a recovery week.

Hello to All and wishing you a wonderful day.

Today I did 4 Day Split, Kickbox & Legs. I've done almost 4 weeks of mostly ICE workouts and I feel like I'm ready to move onto to some heavier weight training, after an active rest week. I called to schedule my dental cleaning and they are booked up until Oct. 28th. I took that appt. and asked that they call me if they get any cancellations.

Carolyn-thanks for the reminder, I need to add in a recovery week too. This seems like a good time to do so.

Diane Sue-that's weird that they substituted napkins for toilet paper. It seems like toilet paper and paper towels are back in stock most places here but not in the normal brands or quantities. I've been ordering the Amazon Presto brand paper products. I just checked and they have toilet paper but the paper towels and tissues are unavailable.

Hi to Deb, Cathy, Valerie & Lori!

Judy, I felt like I need something different this week. I was a little bored and unmotivated last week.

Diane Sue, I haven’t had trouble getting paper products, but I buy them from Costco.

got dental cleaning done this morning, and made appt for a double crown replacement. old ones worn thin. teeth are adjacent so getting them done together. expensive but when are they not! set for mid november. nothing conflicting as our usual thanksgiving guests are the ones moving this week. not sure what we will do for the holiday. usually a slow time so decided to schedule it to get an unpleasant thing done. .

I got paper products at costco too. I've bought that way for years. nice to buy bulky stuff once or twice a year. I have good garage storage.

diane sue that is awful switching shifts like that. I worked graveyard for a couple years in a hospital, 2 hospitals actually. it was really hard then. things are more 24/7 now than they used to be, but it was very hard getting a reliable sleep schedule. I was always tired.
will do something today but not until before dinner. probably upper body weights. my legs have been very thoroughly worked outdoors the last few weeks.

Last edited:
Hi,

Today I did Live Quick Fix Cardio, 32 minutes, 234 calories.

Cathy, which workouts are you using to do the one body part a day?

Judy, nice job on the Peloton ride & 4DS Legs! Yes, the streaming services can be "iffy" and frustrating at times. I rebooted the Chromecast, and also my phone and it worked fine today.

Diane Sue, never had an issue getting napkins...strange. Also would be calling the store if they substituted toilet paper for napkins! LOL...Sorry about your husband and the shift situation. Graveyard shift is hard enough, but to have to switch to the day shift for weekends makes it worse. The Buffalo teachers union just voted to strike if the school district does either all attending school, or the hybrid of partial attending and partial virtual teaching. They want 100% virtual teaching.

Carolyn, hope you had a nice rest day. Good job on the Fusion Flow workout. I bet you are looking forward to the new series with the new Flow workouts.

Valerie, same here....we get all our paper products at B.J.'s...( our version of Costco).

Hi to Lori,

Take care,

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Body Fit 1, 41 minutes, 205 calories, heart rate 126/171, 2,902 steps, wearing a 4# vest. I then did Kelly's dvd Box Fit Push premix which was Triceps, Chest, which includes the lower segments between the sets and has the abs added to it. This was 20 minutes, 52 calories, heart rate 98/143, 289 steps, using 10# dumbbells for the triceps and 12# dumbbells for the chest, and abs. I finished with Cathe Lite Extended Stretch # 1 adding some other stretches, 21 minutes, 26 calories, 116 steps( I had to run downstairs to let the dog in) Total time was 82 minutes, 283 calories, 2,407 steps. It has been raining off and on today. The sun came our for awhile this afternoon and now it is raining again. Gertie is the silliest lab I have ever seen. She does not like to get wet or walk on the wet grass. She stood on the pavement watching me pick up in the back yard between showers, while whining to go back in the house.

Carolyn, sometimes we just need a lighter week and something different. There is not a Costco that is convenient here. Really Whole Foods is not that close either, but they do the free delivery through Amazon so I am okay with that. We did well with Crest Foods, but they are so busy during the day and early evening. Walmart always has bare shelves, or small amounts of certain items. There are plenty of shoppers so I do not get the lack of supply unless manufacturers and suppliers are understaffed or something. I could check Homeland I guess. They are fairly close. I just don't like going to the store to begin with and going to multiple stores I really do not like. Sprouts had paper towels and toilet paper. No napkins, Dollar General no napkins, but I did find some spray deoderant at DG for my husband, as that has been difficult lately and that is all he likes to use and it was on a bottom shelf behind a stand up and just 4 cans.

Judy, I purchased some of the Amazon toilet paper when I couldn't get anything else. Supplies seemed up and then lately they have dropped again on paper products. Napkins have been in short supply in my area for awhile. I think my husband would not be happy if I sent toilet paper with him in his lunch bag instead of napkins LOL I should try scheduling my dentist check up. I had one scheduled for February and they called and cancelled because the woman that does the cleaning and check had to have some surgery. I told them I would reschedule and then the virus came out. I think this was the time I was supposed to have the xrays and stuff done. I would imagine they are busy doing catch up.

Valerie, I was thinking about crowns the other day. In fact I mentioned it to my granddaughter when we were talking about dentists. I have not had to have any replaced in years. I was telling her I have learned to be careful when eating things that are hard, like some big hard honey wheat pretzels I used to buy years ago. Broke a crown doing that. Anyway I am hoping not to have to do that again yet. Too much time in the dental chair with my mouth hanging open. You also just made me think, I need to talk to some of the family other than my older daughter about us needing to do family thanksgiving on a different day as my husband has to work on Thanksgiving day. We were thinking the Saturday after. I am finding all of the shift changing and me having to get up early when my grandchildren coming a bit challenging as to getting cleaning and errands done. Plus I am extra tired.

Deb, does Cathe have very many shorter workouts on Live? It just seems a lot were longer. My husband has been having problems with the Roku and streaming lately. I don't get it as I purchased the best streaming service with panoramic wifi and the best and latest Roku. We have a lot of them around the house because I kept updating. I do better with the Fire TV upstairs. Even the internet has dropped out a few times lately. Maybe it is because more people are at home using wifi. I had to reboot everything and pair the Roku last night all over again to get it all back up and running.
I think most of the schools here have the options for school. The private schools are having in the class room. But with them most classes are small. I don't know how I would feel if I were the parent. It is a tough decision for them and for the teachers.

Yesterday was zoo day, so I did shoulders, abs from Cardio and Weights and the Basic Stretching from Total Body Stretching. I started a walk on my Fitbit when I got through the gate and stopped it when I got back to my car. I got in 4 miles, 2 hours and 14 minutes and burned 450 calories. And I never stopped it, so part of that I wasn't actually walking. I put the GPS on out of curiosity and got a map of my walk. It was interesting to see how the path between the main zoo and the African area curves more than I would have thought. When you are just walking through the woods it seems straighter than it actually is.

Diane Sue great workouts. I shop at Whole Foods every week and a couple weeks ago they were out of most of the potato chips. It's weird how random some of the shortages seem. No napkins two weeks ago, either place I shop. But Whole Foods has been low on most paper products since March. The other store I shop at has been hit and miss, but since they carry a wider range of brands they are more likely to have something. I am out of wipes. Sent the ones I was able to grab with the boys. I don't think Whole Foods expects to get any anytime soon as they've filled in that area of the shelving with other things. The other store has some every few weeks with a 2 per shop limit. Schools around here are getting ready to open. The schools in and around Lansing seem to have generally opted to go online at least for the first month or two. Rural schools are more likely to offer the option of online or in person. I have a friend in another area of Michigan whose kids are doing a combination and she has to pick them up at two different times during the day, which means rescheduling a lot of her work for the evening because she has to block off a couple hours in the middle of the day. So glad mine are no longer K-12. I told Derek if he had still been in school, we'd have just gone back to homeschooling. Which the did through 4th and 7th grades.

Deb I'm just using spreadsheets I created for the upper body workouts and I put on my Sirius app for music. They have some music workout channels.

Valerie good luck at the dentist. Personally I'd rather give birth than have my teeth cleaned, and I did that with no drugs. My lower jaw nerves are messed up, I was so happy when I finally found a dentist who knew that could happen. So, when they numb my lower jaw they can't easily find the right spot. And my gums have long been sensitive, which is weird because I don't actually have gum issues. So, I get numbed just to have my teeth cleaned. Been doing that for probably 25 years now. I postponed our July appointments so the boys and I will go in December. Our dentist has take maximum precautions including all a new air filtration system.

Judy great job on the 4DS workout. I almost always just do the cardio from those and I really need to go back and do the rest of them. There are a crazy number of premixes on those workouts.

Carolyn that sounds like the kind of workout I would really like. I don't need new workouts...I don't need new workouts...

Today I did Jessica Smith’s Boost Metabolism + Muscle, Upper Body Circuit. That was 35 minutes and 154 calories burned. My average heart rate was 111 and maximum heart rate was 143. I don’t think that I have ever done this particular workout from the dvd before, but I enjoyed it. Apparently I have always chosen the Total Body or Lower Body circuits.

Judy, great job with 4 Day Split Kickbox and Legs. I like the 4 Day Split series.

Deb, I’m glad that you got your streaming to work for Live Quick Fix Cardio.

Valerie, you have definitely done serious lower body work lately! I have no idea what Thanksgiving will look like for my family. Certainly not the large family event that we often have. I will just see how things progress for all of us.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw Body Fit 1, Box Fit Push premix, LiTE extended stretch 1. When I was working I starting taking old cloth napkins in my lunch bag. That might not help your husband if he wants to throw everything away after he eats.

Cathy, your zoo walks sound like an enjoyable way to get walking done. When I first saw Ellen Barrett’s workouts on Collage Video around 2009 I had no interest in them. I have developed a better appreciation for what she does in recent years.

Lori, I hope that your first days at the new job are going well.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Hello,

Today I did LIVE Burn Sets, Biceps & Triceps, 38 minutes, 173 calories

Diane Sue, nice job on the KCM workouts and stretches etc. Yes, Cathe has a number of shorter LIVE workouts. I have a spreadsheet that I can send you sorted by times and you can get an idea of what she has. PM your email address and I can send it to you. I rarely do any workouts that are longer than 50 minutes.

Cathy, great job on the workouts and the walk!

Carolyn, nice job on the JS workout. It's funny how we sometimes don't even realize that we have never done a particular workout or premix before.

Hi to Valerie, Judy & Lori,

Take care,

we are back from mt biking this morning, 1 hr 35 min. the place we ride is a tree farm, meaning they have a large acreage and grow trees. so sometimes they harvest trees too. they were harvesting where we rode this morning so we shortened our ride. it was kind of humid anyway, so it worked out. we rode 6.5 miles total. yes my legs have been well worked, but I haven't done upper body in > a week now so need to get that in.

we have a Costco close by, about 5 miles, but no Whole foods or Sprouts in reasonable distance. much longer heavy traffic to get to. same with Trader Joes. grocers operate on a real thin profit margin so don't expect store access change any time soon. wish we had those options. I dont want to drive an hour each way with unpredictable traffic for regular groceries .

we knew when cousin talked about moving that our thanksgiving dinner was done for. we have gradually lost people to age until only 4 of us left. not sure if we will find any empty nesters to join us with the virus still causing trouble. we will think about visiting them in AZ since our weather is usually pretty crummy late november. I don't want to fly around turkey day when things are seriously over crowded.

cathy I agree about "random shortages". suddenly something is gone and its hard to understand why. then it reappears. seriously, numb for cleaning? I hate that numbing shot more than anything, and I hate being numb for half the day after. I have not had much serious dental work done. braces were rough. I did them way later than most people, at 55. should have had them as a kid but my parents would not pay for anything like that. I felt fine at the dentist, everyone was masked and shielded.

Today I did Cathe Step Sync Bonus intermediate workout 41 minutes (It really is shorter, but I did not pause the FItbit when I had to trouble shoot another television for my grandson. I did pause when it was getting complicated. Ended up the plug bar must have got messed up during the storm. I had to get another one out) I did the warm up and cardio to this workout, 102/144 heart rate, 159 calories, 3,274 steps. I wanted it for a warm up and then did Coffey Fit Raw All About Glutes 44 minutes, 93/121 heart rate, 78 calories, 343 steps. I finished with Lite extended stretch # 2 and some foam rolling. I increased the weights on the glute workout and used my heavy band this time. TOTAL TIME 1 hour 41 minutes counting the plug issue, 254 calories, 3,673 steps.
Weights today
Dead Squats 40# barbell (last time I used 35#)2 sets 10 and 10 reps
Goblet squat 25# dumbbells 2 sets 11 and 11 reps
Back Squats I used 25# dumbbells this time instead of the barbell, 2 sets 9 and 9 reps
bridges feet on barbell 2 sets 14 reps and 13 reps with pulses
band heavy Cathe non latex clam 20 rep 20 reps right and left, repeat 20 and 17 reps
butt blaster with heavy band 15 rep right 15 reps left repeat
Bridge adductors band heavy 2 sets 15 reps second with pulses
bridge 1 leg figure 4 22 reps right and 22 left then with pulses 14 right and 14 left
SUPER Set Dead squats 40# barbell with squats 25# dumbbells repeat This was 9 and 10 reps dead squats and 11 and 10 reps squats

I had grandchildren here late today as their mother had a meet the teacher drive by today to meet here students. It has rained so much, last night it was loud and wind was blowing. My phone was giving off storm warnings for flooding. I was so tired this morning between all of that and my allergies.
Hoping to get into bed early tonight. It will be interesting to see how I do with my 6 year old grandson and his schooling with his tablet. My daughter bought over the stuff to log in. I may need to get up even earlier so I can workout before we do school work.

Cathy, I get maps of my workouts with my Health Mate app that links to my fitbit and scale. Funny when it maps my workout in the house LOL Looks like someone scribbled on the screen. Nice work today. Sprouts generally has a small paper goods area. Their paper towels are good and they seem to be keeping them in most of the time. Same with napkins, but I don't think I have seen those in the store since March. I do not like any of their tissues though. But, they do seem to have some right now. I have not seen signs for limiting amounts purchased in quite sometime in any of the stores. I still have wipes as I ordered anything close to toilet paper I could get from Amazon and had to wait awhile, but got several packages of what were called Dude flushable wipes along with Amazon toilet paper all at once. We have not opened the wipes, but they are there for whatever is needed. The package mentions guys coming up with them for cleaning their smelly selves when needed. When I found those there were ones targeting military, campers etc.. My husband said if they would have been antibacterial he would have stuck them in his bag when he went to work.

Carolyn, if I remember right doesn't that workout do some compound work too? I have only done it once. I think I have done the lower body twice and the total body once. I should pull them out more. Cloth napkins does sound like a good idea. My husband carries a lunch bag in his tote of work stuff and generally tosses the baggies and napkins. I am using paper towels at the moment.

Deb, thank you. I sent you a pm. Nice work on Cathe Live today. I have seen others doing live burn sets. They seem to like it.

Valerie, I hear you on travel and traffic for groceries. I used to have a hard time when we lived a 100 miles from Oklahoma City because getting a lot of the healthier items I generally purchased was not there. One grocery store had a small health section, but I had to watch the dates on products. Same with a small health food store. They had a habit of sticking stickers over the sell by dates. I waited a lot of the time till I made the 100 mile trip to visit my family and go to doctor appointments and stuff and I would stock up on stuff to take back with me. Also used Amazon for non perishables.
Growing up we were all taken to the dentist for checks and cleaning. Plus military in England just took the school children to the base dentist for cleaning and checks in small groups. As for things like braces we never got those. I think we all could have used something. They have mentioned to me wearing something to straighten my bottom teeth "at my leisure" , but I have figured I have lived with crooked teeth on the bottom this long, I am not too worried about it. I hate that needle for numbing more than anything when I go for dental work.
I hope it works out that you don't have to spend Thanksgiving by yourselves. We do run into more problems as jobs change and family grows working out the get togethers. Plus there is in laws that have to have their days as well. That is why we do a 3rd Sunday every month for family day. We try to do that month's birthdays that day as it is hard to get everyone here even with that. Particularly grandchildren. Holidays are not being celebrated on the day this year. The last two we had to do Christmas day on a day other than Christmas day. Doesn't matter though if we can get everyone together.

I got the braces more for function than for looks. I do NOT want dentures in my future! my lowers were crowded, and I had one badly rotated upper tooth. no extractions, but I have deep roots and teeth did not move easily. ended up being 3.5 years. I had regular metal braces. Invisalign was just coming into the market, but I doubt that would have worked. its much easier to brush and floss now, teeth look better, function better. process was not a walk in the park. I did eat everything including apples and crusty bread. I don't like candy/ gummy things so cant say if they would have been an issue. it was worth it! when they took the bands off, I could not believe how nice my teeth looked. I was stunned! I still use a night guard, small retainer at night. it was definitely worth it for me, even though it was uncomfortable. It was not intense pain and discomfort like some procedures with needles, but long term mild discomfort. needed Advil sometimes. yes id do it again, but I would not have waited until my 50's.

Good morning,

Today I did LIVE Burn Sets Lower Body, Heavy Weights, yesterday I did 11,816 steps.

I wanted to post this picture of an invitation Kylee got from the AKC...but not sure if it will post....I guess it worked! It's a big deal in the dog showing world...Kylee is the number 8th Wire Fox Terrier in the US apparently....
Kylee Invitation.jpg

Valerie, nice mt bike ride, even if you had to cut it short. That;s too bad about your Thanksgiving guest now moved to AZ. I have my doubts that we will even be having Thanksgiving dinner this year. With up to 25 people, there is no way to be "socially distant" in my house. :(

Diane Sue, great job on Step Synch. Send some of that rain here....it is like a desert. Trees are all losing their leaves, grass and plants are starting to die off. I didn't realize you were going to be doing the virtual schooling with your grandson. That's great. Same here on braces etc. It was never even discussed when I was a kid, and I could have used them. I should have done what Valerie did, and get them as an adult, but never took the time to.

Hello to all, have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.