Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 7/14/2024

Judy, thanks for starting us off this week.

I did Jane Adams Gentle Yoga Morning Energy practice today. Our weather is still extremely hot so I’m just trying to keep cool here.

Hello to All and have a wonderful day.

I've been needing to get back into heavy weights and decided to do Meso 3 of STS. So, I did Live Quick Fix Cardio, STS Disk 25 Chest and Back and finished with STS 2 Total Body Stretch.

Honestly, after everything I've read about the new workouts, I didn't feel like this weeks live really fit in with that, of course I could be wrong. It was prerecorded so no class, it was just Cathe, Jenn and Kristin.

Carolyn great job with the yoga. It's too hot here, but I'm sure your hot is much hotter.

Valerie great job with the mountain bike ride.

Hi Diane Sue and Judy!

It has been a really busy week for me and allergies are crazy right now. Anyway, most of the week was just yoga and mobility stretching with a couple of cardios mixed in. Hopefully this week I can get in some good workouts. Both weekends I had grandchildren here.
I just finally checked that Cardio And Weights dvd out on my laptop and all of the premixes are there and work. So, it is blu-ray player that can only do one pre-mix with cardio and the lightweight segments on it. The cardio only premix works fine.

Judy, thanks for getting us started.

Carolyn, nice work on your yoga this morning. I am going to go do some in a little bit. Just wanted to check in.

Cathy, good job on Live Quick Fix Cardio, STS disc 25 Chest and Back, and STS 2 Total Body Stretch. Is Cathe putting up workouts that are like the rest and restore workouts? I need to up my weights again, but after doing the Raw July workouts once and all of the overhead stuff, my neck and upper back has been painful. Maybe all of the reaching and painting etc. did not help. That is part of why I have rested a lot this week. Going forward, I need to modify and change some things, so I do not set off a flare up all over my body again.

Hi to Valerie :)

Thanks judy.
we rode again this morning. our regular trail. DH is on several meds right now related to the dental procedure that can cause photosensitivity. its hot and sunny now. this ride is shady and we went early. 1 hr 15 minutes. yesterday I did therapy work. I really need the stretching. its cool when we start around 60 but has warmed up in the afternoon but by afternoon we are long ago done.

Last edited:
This morning I did P30 Mobility and then My Finished Step Combo workout. And my pecs are really unhappy with me today. The step includes Low Impact Challenge with the burpee into push ups and they so did not like that and even on Mobility when you do the rainbows are move your arm around above your head-big ouch! My BIL had all kinds of issues with his flight and got delayed so he's arriving this morning and when the flight he was originally on had technical issues and they had to get off, his luggage went on to Charlotte without him. Then they said it would go to K'zoo is original destination, but he had to get a flight into Grand Rapids. As of this morning he was told it would be in GR, so hopefully that's true. He'll do some stuff for my parents and he'll drive off tomorrow and my sister will fly home. She's had a rough week. My parents seem to be back to their normal selves, though my mother is still having a problem getting in and out of chairs, but that may be from her back bothering her.

Valerie great job getting in the ride people things heated up and the therapy work.

Diane Sue sorry to hear your allergies have been bad. Sometimes a week of yoga/stretching is just what we need. I don't think any of the recent lives are like the new workouts. They seem to be a normal mix of weight workouts and cardio ones. As far as I can tell the only cardio in the new ones is an 11 minute bonus segment.

Today I did Gloved Up and Sweaty for 39 minutes and 232 calories burned. My average heart rate was 123 and maximum heart rate was 158.

Cathy, nice job with Live Quick Fix Cardio, STS disc 25, STS 2 Total Body Stretch, P 30 Mobility 1, and your finished step combo. Your poor BIL is having quite the adventure with his travel.

Diane Sue, I’m sorry about your allergies. Yoga and Mobility are perfect when you aren’t feeling your best.

Valerie, nice job with your regular ride and therapy exercises.

Hello to Judy.

Yesterday I did a 45 minute Peloton Full Body Strength class and a 10 minute Glutes & Core class. Today I did a 60 minute Peloton ride and 30 minutes of Yin Yoga.

Carolyn-Great job with Jane Adams Gentle Yoga Morning Energy practice and Gloved Up and Sweaty.

Cathy-Great job with Live Quick Fix Cardio, STS Disk 25 Chest & Back, STS 2 Total Body Stretch, P30 Mobility and the Finished Step Combo workout.

Diane Sue-I’m sorry about your allergies. Mine are really bothering me too. I might need to go to the ENT this week. Great job with the yoga, mobility work and cardio last week.

Valerie-Great job with the ride and therapy work.

cool and cloudy early this morning so we got in some garden things. our garden is right in the sun, a sort of microclimate surrounded by trees. its hard to work out there if its sunny. we also had to take my car in for a tire swap. I did therapy work and most of stacked upper body. I was running short on time so did two sets of a lot of things and skipped the easier things just to save time.

Today I did Gloved Up & Sweaty + floor, 45 minutes, 208 calories, heart rate 127/155, 3,362 steps. I followed with STS 2.0 no equipment abs, 11 minutes, 20 calories. Finished with CDorner Day 28 Upper Body Stretch & mobility, 12 minutes, 24 calories. Total time was 68 minutes, 252 calories.

Cathe, nice work on P30 Mobility and then your finished step combo workout. Your BIL's trip sounds crazy. Maybe your pecs need a few days rest. My wrists are sore after a yoga workout where they turn their hands facing backwards on the floor. Mine won't do that well and it set off the stinging and discomfort. I am glad I decided to wear my combat gloves for Gloved Up and Sweaty. The cushioning made the burpee feel better than it would have. Thanks, on the live workouts. I am glad that your parents are doing better and back to themselves.

Carolyn, nice work on Gloved Up & Sweaty today. We got similar readings doing it, although I added the floor parts so I could see what they were. I wore my combat gloves this time. I did not do the jumping in the workout. If something was a jump I just lifted up on my toes, even on the final floor segment. Punches were not real hard either as my shoulders are still sore and the right was was making a clicking and snap that I could feel when my arm moved up and back at a particular angle. I am not sure what that was all about.

Judy, good job on yesterday's 45 minute Peloton Full Body Strength class, 10 minute Glutes & Core class and today's 60 minute Peloton ride and 30 minutes of Yin Yoga. I have an appointment for my well visit coming up with my primary doctor. Everything that the doctors try seems to not work. I thought I had something that helped and had a couple of months that were good, but it quit working. I started taking Allergena for my zone where I live well before spring. That and flonase seemed to stop it for a while. My airways are irritated and it kind of hurts when I take a deep breath. This happens often so I know it is not something unusual. My pulmonologist gave me albuteral and an acapella breathing device. I really am not sure when I should be using the inhaler. I am not having a hard time breathing other than when I am coughing hard. It has been so bad I felt kind of sick. like coming down with something, but it comes and goes and no fever.

Valerie, nice work getting in therapy and most of stacked sets today. I went outside this morning and did some things in the yard too. I think it got up to 102 today. Once I was done this morning I stayed in the house where the air conditioning was.

Today I did STS Disk 27 Shoulders, biceps and triceps. This workout helped to show me that pecs are used in basically every exercise, as mine are still a bit sore. Then I did STS 2 Mat Yoga. My BIL bought t

ests with him and my sister tested positive for COVID. So he did the stuff that needed doing for my parents and moved to a hotel. They had a room with a suite and 1 1/2 baths and he masked. Other than a runny nose she's been okay and she said if she hadn't been around them all week it wouldn't have even occurred to her to test. She's delayed her flight by at least a day and my BIL was driving on to Manitoba today. She isn't planning to tell my parents as Dad especially would be upset that she came to help and got it.

Diane Sue great job on Gloved Up & Sweaty + floor (glad you are liking it), STS 2 no equipment abs and the stretch/mobility workout.

Valerie great job with Stacked Sets Upper Body and therapy exercises.

Judy great job with the Peloton workouts and Yin Yoga.

Carolyn great job with Gloved Up and Sweaty.

We did a road ride this morning but much longer than usual. about 25 mile, need to check my odometer. . 2 hrs 20 min. we used to do it faster but traffic has picked up and we need to stop at a lot more intersections than we used to. its a different section of the same trail but due to broken pavement issues, we havent used it much the last couple years. some sections got repaired but as fast as one part gets fixed, tree roots upend another section. its a double edge sword because the shade trees give is lovely, but their roots eventually heave up the asphalt . in the dappled light its very hard to see the bumps and sections are pretty bouncy. there are many sections marked for repair that need to be done during warm weather. cant pour asphalt when its cold and wet.

air travel is not always so convenient. I do carry-on only so my luggage stays with me. I pare down what I take and dont check a bag. I'm one of those folks who needs space in the overhead bin! flights did not used to be so darn full. it's definitely more crowded than it used to be. cathy that is too bad both of them got covid. Im not clear on how long people are infectious after getting covid but its beyond when sxs stop showing. cousin and wife who just had it were going to visit us but they were still testing positive a number of days after their sxs were gone. they would be driving. they picked it up flying and since people dont get as sick, a lot of folks ended up traveling with it .

Diane sue I get clicking and snapping in my shoulder sometimes usually the right one. it doesnt hurt but I dont push it too hard. I can do push ups ok as long as I am elevated a bit. arthritis, what else is new. a lot of exercises dont bother it at all so I do more of those and back off on anything that causes back ground noise. my

Today I did Strong and Sweaty Ramped Up Upper Body. My time was 59 minutes and 200 calories burned. My average heart rate was 109 and maximum heart rate was 140.

Judy, great job with Peloton Full Body Strength, Glutes and Core, Peloton ride, and Yin Yoga.

Valerie, nice job with Stacked Sets Upper Body and therapy exercises. It’s good that the weather was right for gardening.

Diane Sue, great job with Gloved Up and Sweaty + Floor, STS 2 No Equipment Abs, and CDorner upper body stretch and mobility.

Cathy, nice job with STS disc 27 and STS 2 Mat Yoga. I suppose it’s not surprising that your sister now has Covid. I’m glad that it’s only mild symptoms.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Today I did Peloton ride, a “45 min Pro Cyclist: Race Simulation” ride. It was one of the harder rides I’ve done recently, definitely a notch above the mostly endurance based rides I’ve been doing.

Valerie-Great job with the road ride, therapy work and most of stacked upper body.

Diane Sue-Great job with Gloved Up & Sweaty + floor, STS 2.0 no equipment abs and CDorner Day 28 Upper Body Stretch & mobility. Allergena looks interesting. I might see if I can find it around here.

Cathy-Great job with STS Disk 27 Shoulders, biceps & triceps and STS 2 Mat Yoga. I’m sorry that your sister has Covid.

Carolyn-Great job with Strong and Sweaty Ramped Up Upper Body. That is one of my all time favorite Cathe workouts. I need to do it again soon.

Today I did Raw Strength #1 cardio acceleration, 35 minutes, 153 calories, heart rate 120/150, 1062 steps. I followed with CDorner stretch she did today, Neck and Back, 32 minutes, 44 calories. This stretch uses a chair seated and on the floor. Total time was 67 minutes, 197 calories.

Judy, here is a link to the Allergena I use https://www.amazon.com/Allergena-Allergy-Relief-Drops-Ounce/dp/B0096SKTSA/ref=sr_1_5_pp?crid=3K1Q2OVS9I8MO&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.uvrumJ6quwccXrLvsx2Ko7Zzl-HN5E6Z-JL_PKrM4vpKX8EtRTxS4sSMP0Te5aUu5VywZBX24RC4YAFh_9ChyrX9HZXwaB6Va2yNzG99jfaJbjRPWSmOIqBVii2y0U0ej0pkjoZcXl8YIdfQVn3rJ30I09CGlDEfIx3FL2HQLlT5EmtQ0symS4jft6mlibXg3roe0icmZmFPwQrM4U46jyFP-sYb-N1xYfCCoEAkqA3PQf3lDN4aQL39z88efQ0bWLHEsg_ourJbTyrPEvKSJerHIsL_ggQgmw8g_bMk9MM.QPerPKvQImWcEzpvC4wipxh7k30mijlPvwdMO_6rSrc&dib_tag=se&keywords=Allergena&qid=1721167059&sprefix=allergena,aps,130&sr=8-5
They come in drops for different zones or there is chewable tablets that are supposed to cover all 50 states. There is a website where they sell there products. My vet recommends the drops for dogs. He says him and his wife use them and they work well for them. They also have drops for mold allergies.

Cathy, nice work on STS Disc 27 shoulders, biceps and triceps and STS 2 Mat Yoga. It is hard to only isolate one muscle group and not hit others at the same time. I had a doctor tell me that once. I am sorry that your sister got covid too. It was nice of her to take care of your parents. Nice her husband helped and bought the tests for her.

Valerie, nice job on the 25 mile ride today. That was a long one. I imagine it would be tough at times seeing the road messed up soon enough in the shade like that. I do not usually worry about snapping, but this was a pretty big snap that I felt. I worry because it is my right shoulder I had surgery on has that plastic screw in it. I am guessing that it heals over though. They said I have arthritis so that is not going to go away. It is not popping today. My knees and hips have been popping for years.

Carolyn, good job on Strong and Sweaty Ramped Up Upper Body today.

Judy, nice work on the Peloton ride, a 45 min Pro Cyclist: Race Simulation ride. I forgot to mention that Sprouts carries Allergena. I checked when I was in there once because I had ordered from Amazon and it takes a few days since the company mails it.

Today I did LIC step only and then I walked at the zoo. It's beautiful here today. 80 but breezy so quite comfortable. My sister tested negative yesterday. She was likely on the downside when my BIL got there with tests. So, she's gone home, masking in the airport and planes. My Mom had her doctors appointment today and we're waiting to see if Dad tells us how it went. She was seeing someone other than her normal doctor which is good because her doctor doesn't ask her questions or watch her walk Mom loves because then she can say she has no issues, because the doctor doesn't do anything.

Valerie great job with the long ride. I haven't flown since the last time I took the boys to FL which was about 15 years ago, and I'd be fine never flying again.

Diane Sue great job with Raw Strength #1 cardio acceleration and stretch.

Judy great job with the Peloton ride.

Carolyn great job with Strong and Sweaty Ramped Up Upper Body.

Today I did JS 30 Minute Fat Blaster, 30 minutes, 225 calories burned, average heart rate 139, and maximum heart rate 164.

Judy, great job with Peloton 45 minute Pro Cyclist Race Simulation. That sounds like a hard ride. Ramped Up Upper Body is one of my favorites too.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw Strength #1 Cardio Acceleration and CDorner stretch.

Cathy, great job with LIC Step only and walking at the zoo. I’m glad that your sister tested negative and was able to go home.

Hello to Valerie.

Today I did CDorner Vertical Step # 401, 138 calories, heart rate 120/159, 2,323 steps. I then did Raw String Along Abs 16 minutes, heart rate 116/157, 66 calories. I finished with Raw yoga stretch adding a couple of other stretches 17 minutes, 16 calories. Total time was 65 minutes, 221 calories, 2,775 steps.

Cathy, nice work on LIC Step only today. It is too bad your mother's doctor does not pay attention and ask questions. I have had a few like that and they make me feel like I totally wasted my time. I hope your Dad calls you and lets you know how she is.

Carolyn, nice job on Jessica Smith Fat Blaster today.

I used to fly constantly almost every week. I lost the infatuation with it quickly. we don't fly much now. its not fun and with all the problems its a headache.

your mother probably needs a new doctor who tells it like it is but I cant imagine that will be a fun process. I feel so bad for your father since things are not likely to get better.

another medical appt today. sometimes it feels like between DH and I thats all we do.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.