Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 5/31

FitGran

Cathlete
Good Afternoon. I hope everyone is having a nice day. Today is my rest day, however, I did a short Jane Adams Morning Energy Yoga just to stretch out and loosen up.

Hi everybody.

Today I did LiVE PHA Barbell....43 minutes, 189 calories. This is a 58 minute workout, I lost the sound at around the 38 minute mark so had to quit. I don't know how this happens. I checked to make sure I didn't mute it by mistake, didn;t seem to be that. I'll have to look at it again tomorrow. I was frustrated, did not want to tackle that at that moment.

Judy, good job on chiseled lower body. Did you do the PHA Barbell today? See my note above. I really liked it, at least up to the point that I reached with sound.

Valerie, have a safe trip to MT today.

Diane Sue, nice combo of workouts!

Carolyn, Thanks for starting the thread. Good job on Push Pull....agree, that is a nice total body weight workout.

Hi to Lori & Christine,

Take care,

Today is my rest day. We went to church and brought lunch home. Just relaxing. I had a hard time sleeping last night. Stayed glued to the television watching events going on downtown. Hoping no one is getting hurt.

Carolyn, rest day here. I wish I would have had time to get a stretch or yoga in this morning, but barely got ready and out to church.

Valerie, have a safe trip.

Deb, does Cathe live automatically go back to where you left off if you don't finish a workout? I know Kelly's does and when I have a problem I just shut down and turn the television back on and it usually takes care of it.

Good evening ladies,

Rest day for me too and it felt great. Did some outside yard work and organized my laundry room. That was my day.

The kids came over for an impromptu dinner last night. Since I am into cooking I made an artisan bread and chicken pot pie. Actually rolled my own crust! It is amazing how much I enjoy cooking now that I have the time. The kids loved it so I gave them all the leftovers. I did not want it in the house. Told them I would make another tomorrow for them to stop by after work and grab it. They are thrilled! Lol!

Valerie..glad your 2nd test came out ok. Very happy for you. Safe travels.

Deb...oh so frustrating with the sound. That would have made me crazy.

Judy...June 20th is not far off. In Massachusetts, restaurants are in phase 2 beginning on 6/8. But only outside dinning. Thinking I am a ways off before being called back. Still hoping it is never! I am not ready to be around a bunch of people in a close invironment.

Diane Sue...That is so odd about the testing. The low carb bread came out really good. I will post the recipe this week for you. It is made for a bread machine, but I did it manually and baked in oven. My husband loved it.

Carolyn..I would love to be able to enjoy and stick with some yoga/stretching. One of the reasons I bought Cathe’s new workouts. Thinking if they are only 30 minutes I may stick to it.

Waving to Christine!

Have a great evening all!

Lori, that is great the low carb bread came out really good. Looking forward to you sharing the recipe. That was nice that the kids dropped by to visit. I would need to send the chicken pot pie away too. I love chicken pot pie
More and more masks seem to be coming off here. We stopped at Taco Bell and the workers were not wearing them. I have not been to Walmart in quite awhile so am not sure their protocol. Sprouts still has masks and counting customers along with the cart cleaner person at the in door. Our church took away the every other pew seating, but everyone was still pretty well spaced.

Good Morning,

I did Peloton rides both days this weekend. Saturday I rode 1 hour and 45 minutes, and yesterday I rode 75 minutes. It felt good to get some longer rides in.

Deb-I'm going to do Barbell PHA Live this morning. I'm sorry that you lost your sound :( That would be so frustrating! So far I haven't had that happen.

I'll be back later

Have a great day!

Judy

we got to MT fine a fairly easy drive. 10.5 hours is not that bad if there is no construction zones or congestion so weekend days are the best days. weather benign. we will be here a week depending. we will do a local bike ride to a pond with great birds and then up to a cell tower that is a nice view spot and involves driving a mile or so to park. no driving today!

it is distressing to see all the chaos and violence. Seattle/bellevue are having big problems. and as usual zero national leadership or words to moderate/ defuse the situation. in fact his tweets worsen a bad situation. Sad to see so many businesses burned out and looted. I sympathize with the ongoing police issue. th e last several incidents were beyond belief. now anarchists are taking advantage of the mostly peaceful protest situation to create mayhem. its hard to imagine businesses rebuilding anytime soon. Seattle already had problems in downtown. I would not go there these days.

getting the all-clear on the mamm was such a relief.

Good morning,

Today I did LIVE Move It!...37 minutes....depending on which I want to believe: FitBit says 261 calories burned, polar HRM says 213 calories burned.....I like FitBits' number better. :) Strange because I checked my HR for both of them periodically, and they were always within 2 heartbeats from each other. Audio was back today....go figure

Diane Sue, I hope no one is getting hurt there. We are having the same things going on here. So sad. No, as far as I can tell, if you stop a workout and leave the program, it will not be at the same place....most likely will start over at the beginning.

Lori, YUM!! that sounds delicious. I love chicken pot pie. We buy them premade from the local co-op. I would love to see your recipe. With all the bread making John has been into lately, he may like to do this for something new and different to try. I hear you on going back to work...not wanting to be near too many people. We are working on the plan for when our dog club and re-open....with masks, limited people, cleaning everything between classes etc. It should be interesting.

Judy, let me know what you think of PHA Barbell.

Valerie, hope your trip was uneventful...and you arrived safely,

Waving to Carolyn and Christine,

Take care,

Today I did Strong and Sweaty Bootcamp for 47 minutes and 290 calories burned. My average heart rate was 119 and maximum heart rate was 153.

Diane Sue, I hope that your rest day was a good one for you. Are people in your area back to pre-pandemic behavior? It sounds like things are very relaxed there. Watching events unfold on television is upsetting. Things in Atlanta is not as bad as some other places, but it is difficult to see those who are up to no good.

Lori, great job with the bread baking and chicken pot pie. I’m glad that you are enjoying your time off. My middle daughter socializes a lot with friends and neighbors during normal times. One of the neighbors who usually hosts an oyster roast prepared shrimp and seafood and had each family come by and pick up their portion. The families all contributed financially and they enjoyed the supper, although not together.

Valerie, I’m glad that your drive was uneventful. The destruction and chaos are very distressing to see. So much negative energy and has taken the focus away from what is important.

Deb, nice job with Live Move It.

Judy, great work with the Peloton rides.

Christina, are you still out there?

Christina, I saw your post on last week‘s thread. Wow, you have been juggling a heavy load this spring. With your husband taking a job in another state and you having to stay behind to finish your teaching contract and sell your house, it’s no wonder that exercise fell to the wayside. Great job with Chiseled Upper Body. ICE is a good series for starting again.

Deb-I really liked the PHA Barbell workout. I purchased the download as I think I will be doing this one again.
Nice job with Live Move It!

Valerie-I'm glad you made it to Montana safely! Nice job with Rev'd Up Rumble!

Carolyn-Great job with S&S Bootcamp! That's a tough one!

Christina-Nice job with ICE Chiseled Upper Body. I may do it tomorrow. ICE is a great series. I love some of the longer premixes and options too.

Lori-I don't blame you for not wanting to go back to that environment. I feel like Home Depot will be ok, since I will likely be outside for a good part of the time, and not really in a closed room with people. Also, I'm keeping my availability limited until I know better how things are going to go.

Diane Sue-Masks are still being worn here in stores but with summer and warmer temps, I think people will start to get uncomfortable. Chris went for a run yesterday and carried a mask in his pocket in case he ran into people or had to go into a store. I see very few people running/biking that are wearing masks.

Reactions: WD
Here is the recipe Link for the low carb bread.... I just made a loaf again today. It is perfect for us. It is extremely soft so I started using my electric knife to cut so it does not squish.

and here is the Chicken Pot Pie...it was so easy and sooooo good!! Nothing fancy just the basics. I love this women’s Youtube Channel. She is a hoot!!!

Lori thi is so funny I turned on the video and took one look at the lady doing the pot pie. She used to have an afternoon talk show, around the time of Phil Donahue? I knew she was "Jenny" without even seeing her name. I will try that pot pie. it looks great. I love chicken pot pie and usually make it with a topping of sliced french bread soaked in egg and milk. like French toast. low fat ( French bread has no fat) and bakes up crunchy without a load of butter . the same principle, a top crust only.

we mt biked this morning for 2 hours. getting acclimated to the elevation ASAP.

Carolyn, my thoughts exactly. BLM movement has all this positive energy for constructive change and terrible for them to be co-opted by people with a destructive mission. destruction and looting they will get partially blamed when they are not involved at all. with the number of people showing up it will be hard to pinpoint who is doing what, and what groups are behind this.
Seems to be quiet here in MT and we are seeing very few masks. not that many virus cases here but we brought some and will wear them if we shop anyplace with any population.

Judy, nice job getting two Peloton rides. I think that there is a safety issue with running with a mask on. I read an article about a guy who wore his mask in his car and the police thought it was because of the mask that he blanked out not getting enough oxygen or something and crashed. I don't always wear mine, but when my allergies are bothering me I put it on before I go in the store. I cannot stand the thing. I always start itching and sweating behind it, and before I know it I am coughing. Maybe it is the mask, I don't know. I try to be speedy through the store. I needed a Walmart Market trip today and my allergies have been kind of drippy. I missed a few things in my hurry and with all of this stuff going around I don't take the time to scan items to see if I get a rebate or have the right product. I just do it by memory. Wish I would have known I needed two boxes of Bomb Pops. I keep them for husband and grandchildren. I purchased one, so no rebate. I got 50 cents today. Fetch rewards was better than Ibotta for what I bought though. Got more there. Saving for more workouts :)

Valerie, enjoy your time in MT, Those anarchists are there to take advantage and steal and pillage stuff. I feel terrible for those people they are hurting. Their businesses and the poor people hurt trying to protect their businesses that were already struggling. Those that are doing that are not doing it as a protest, they are doing it for themselves. I don't understand beating people and laughing. It makes me sick. The whole thing makes me sick. Is that Jenny Jones who had that talk show. I recognize her too. I used to watch her talk show.

Deb, I don't get the heart rate monitor stats. Even when my heart rate is higher and I have got a lot of steps, it will be at a low calorie burn. It is most noticeable when it is a short workout and I realize I could have got that heart rate just doing some housework. I have tried wearing two heart rate monitors, but I think the fact they both have to run off of Bluetooth they kind of interfere with each other. I can't have my cell and tablet both with Bluetooth on at the same time because I can't get my cell to sync my watch stats until I turn one off. When I use the app for my scale when working out using wifi it is generally close within a few calories of my watch, so I am not sure what it is picking up from. I think the watch is what it picks up from. Withings(Nokia) has smart watches. I was going to try a Polar, but it seems every one of my Polar watches are not working, even when I put new batteries in them. I tossed them in the trash. I had a bunch of them. I think I may still have a strap and a Bluetooth transmitter. Not sure how that would work though. I guess I would have to use the Polar app. I liked the Polar app for monitoring workouts. They had a peaceful protest yesterday, but then that same group came in later from the night before and they ended up back at the police station. They had barricades up to block traffic on streets and put up tape with a curfew. There was police tape and they were told if they crossed the lines they would be arrested. They still had some bad stuff happening. That group came in with their back packs, head gear and shields this time. Not the attire of the protesters.

Caroline, you did way better than me on the Strong and Sweaty Bootcamp. My calories burned was 171 last week. We used to be about the same most of the time when I used the Blaze. Things are moving along toward pre-pandemic behavior. When you go out the streets are busy again. People are going back to work. I think I read that restaurants can have pretty much their whole staff back to work this month. I would say about half the people are still wearing masks. They opened a playground summer camp they do yearly, I think downtown. They said they had 27 children which is about the same amount the have every year. I imagine they cleaned equipment well first. I don't know if playgrounds all over are open yet. There has been some resistance by people about them allowing pool opening. I heard our neighborhood was going to open their pools

Christine, you have a lot on your shoulders. I understand having to put workouts on the back burner. I had to do that when my husband had a job lined up 100 miles away and he was still out of country. He came home and we found the house we wanted and started the paper work. I had to handle the paper work from then on and the sale of our house we were in. In between 100 mile trips with stuff when he arrived home and taking the grandchildren to and from school I was constantly doing something. When is school out? My daughter had to finish out the school year for her students online too. She is just moving to a new house this week.

Lori, thanks for the recipes. I saved them so I can write things down. That chicken pot pie looks yummy. I made one once when we had family Wednesday dinners during the school year. I am afraid to make one unless I have company :)

No workout for me today. I had to go to the grocery store and it took a while. Apparently I really needed to stock up on many basic items.

Lori, thanks for the cooking videos. They both look good. I remember Jenny Jones, too. It’s so funny that she has a cooking website now. I understand it though since I really love to cook. I also like to experiment with recipes and different ingredients.

Diane Sue, it’s funny how calories burned can vary for the same workout. I often wonder if I’m truly not working as hard as the previous time or if something else is good on.

Valerie, I hope that you enjoy your time in Montana. It should be much less stress there!

Hello to Judy, Deb, and Christina.

Today I did Ice Rev'd up and Rumble, 43 minutes, heart rate 110/162,181 calories, 3,782 steps. I spent most of my time trying to move my watch around to find a decent heart rate. End of the warm up I was in the 80's. I finally ended up wearing it over the back of my wrist. Isn't that where we take our pulse anyway? It got somewhat better there, but I did this near the end. I then did Kelly Coffey Strong and Lean Kickboxing, 33 minutes, 165 calories, 3,211 steps, heart rate 121/160 . I finished off with Yoga neck therapy #1 Lindsey Samper, 22 minutes, 20 calories. That was much needed as I crawled in a cabinet to saw a bigger hole to fit a plug bar and I really hurt my neck. I woke up with such a headache. I took some Excedrin and did some stretches before my workout. It feels much better this afternoon and the headache went away. Funny how just lying on the floor for this therapy session and doing those moves can be so effective. I was moving through the stretches and when I was pulling my arm across with my hand I felt a pop and felt it release up my neck. Really worked. I get that every once in awhile
Total time was 98 minutes, 366 calories, 6,993 steps.

Carolyn, workouts sure can vary once in awhile. Then other times I get the exact same calorie burns from one time to another with a workout. I like to cook and have such an extensive collection of spices so my husband ordered me a really nice spice rack with bottles I can fill that holds 60 spices. I have them in tubs taking up space in the cabinet right now. The rack is slightly too big to sit on the counter. not enough room for height. I am going to have to send it back :( It is a pretty wood one that would look good on the counter. Surprised how heavy it is and not looking forward to sending it back.

Did a nice hike today. population of hikers in the park is way down so we were alone all day. 5 hours 17 minutes. we sat for maybe an hour up high and wandered around looking at flowers. saw bison, elk, pronghorn, sandhill cranes. lovely outside. were looking for bears and badgers but no luck. it never seems to work when you set out looking for something in particular.

I never had luck with anything without a chest strap and I don't like to wear those anymore than you do! a long day with the drive both ways and now have to make dinner. there are times I get tired of it.

Good evening ladies!

So I tried out the 7 day trial of Perspirology and I loved it. They are offering a 3 month package with 25% off so I signed up. I put my Lekfit on pause and will decide which one I will keep in 3 months. The sculpting in Perspiroloy is intense. Just what I need and like. I did a bounce sculpt today and loved it.

Glad you liked the videos. I forgot to mention I add 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda to the bread recipe. The first time I made it, it collapsed and I had no idea why. Several people mentioned this and one person had good luck with the baking soda. It seemed to work well for me the second time. We love this bread. I will be making it every week. Oh and Jenny is hilarious in some of her videos. I have never heard of her before. I just happened to stumble across her channel. She has some great recipes that I am eager to try.

Carolyn..I hear you on how long it takes at the grocery store. We do not go very often so when we do, we need a lot!!

Valerie....great job on the hike and ride!! The pot pie was really good. I will be making this again and again.

Diane Sue...oh no not your neck!!! Hoping the pain subsides quickly for you.

Christine...that must have been very challenging, your husband away and all the rest on your plate and then a tornado! Yikes!! Wow!! Completely can see how working out was not a priority. Ice is a great start to get back into things.

Judy...good you are limiting your hours. This makes sense. Wish I had that luxury!! lol! Masks are required in most stores. Some will not let you in without one.

Deb...funny how different each tracker is. I just use my apple watch and take it as a guide. Funny thing about the apple watch...the other day GiGi got loose and I was running back with her while holding her collar. Needless to say she runs a lot faster than me...so my little legs could not keep up and I went flyimg down hard on the grass. my apple watch sounded an alarm and detected I had fallen. It asked if I was or should 911 be called. I was very impressed!

Have a great night all!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.