Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 5/19/2024

Wednesday I did 20 minutes of rowing and yesterday I worked 8 hours. Garden was crazy at HD yesterday and I'm sure it will be this weekend too. This will be like a marathon training weekend for me, lol! Today I did a 20 minute run/walk and 30 minutes of Yin Yoga.

Diane Sue-Great job with LITE Cardio Party+extended stretch, Raw Upper Body Box: Lower Tone, and Raw Yoga Stretch, and CDorner Step Class #279. I think you will like Killer Legs and Total Body Barbell.

Carolyn-Great job with KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix workout one, LiTE Stacked Sets Lower Body timesaver + Step Boss Lying Stretch, JS One Mile of Motivation and Jane Adams Yoga for Beginners, Core and More. That sounds like a good core workout.

Valerie-Great job with your ride. Like Carolyn, it’s hard for me to visualize it snowing anywhere, even though I know it is. It’s been very hot and sunny here all week.

Hi to Cathy

Sitting here waiting for the AT&T Tech. Hopefully they will resolve our issues. The guy was out Thursday and fixed the neighbor who runs from the same line, but by the time I got home and talked to him, it was almost 5 and he had to get back and sign out because he couldn't do overtime. So, I called yesterday and scheduled.

Wednesday I walked at the zoo and went to my parents. Thursday Derek and went to South Bend. Which reminds me I need to go take my EZ pass thing off my windshield. While it's not free the toll road across IN is so much better than all the little towns you have to go through the other ways. Crazy busy in the morning with school groups, but they all tend to leave around 1:00 and it got so calm and quiet is was wonderful. Yesterday I did Live Low Impact Hiit with Active Recovery and this morning I did Gloved Up and Sweaty.

Judy great job with the Peloton workouts and run/walk.

Diane Sue great job with LITE Cardio Party+extended stretch, KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix, Raw Upper Body Box: Lower Tone and yoga, and CDorner Step Class.

Carolyn great job with KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix, LiTE Stacked Sets Lower Body timesave and Lying Stretch, JS One Mile of Motivation and yoga, CDorner Lower Body and Mat Yoga.

Valerie great that you were able to get a good ride in, and I'm with Judy on the weird to hear about snow. Derek is going up to Marquette June 5, and mentioned to his GF that he'd like to go to the beach. LOL While we've been warm to (IMHO) too hot, they've been in the 50's-60's and it looks like at least the beginning of his visit will be the same.

Today I did Cathe Total Body Barbell premix upper body + core. This is 40:27 minutes but took me 54 minutes since I had to move some things around for the reverse lunge bicep curl and hunt down another 10# weight plate so I did not have to pull one off the barbell. Cathe did suggest a dumbbell if no extra weight though. Calorie burn was 134, heart rate 95/117. I also did STS 2.0 mini ball abs, 11 minutes, 26 calories and STS 2 mobility #2, 17 minutes, 37 calories. Total time 82 minutes, 197 calories.
My granddaughter asked me to paint her pictures for her birthday to go over her couch, so I will be busy getting the pictures planned out to blend together in colors. This may take me awhile because I paint with oils. I got everything set up to paint as I have not done this in the last few years. I need to sketch out some preliminary ideas to transfer to the canvas.

Judy, nice work on the 20 minutes of rowing Wednesday and yesterday's 20 minute run walk and Yin yoga.
I bet you were doing a lot of walking at Home Depot.

Cathe, nice job on the zoo walk. Driving through lots of small towns does slow things down. Great job on yesterday's Live Low Impact Hiit, with Active Recovery and today's Gloved Up and Sweaty. Hopefully you can get AT&T out soon. No one wants their employees to work overtime or hire enough help anymore.

Today was my rest day. I went to the outdoor Farmer’s Market and The Fresh Market and was caught in a huge downpour in the parking lot. The weather was fine when I was at the outdoor market, but rain started while I was in the store. I was soaked just getting to my car. I thought that I was ahead of any showers but the weather forecast was a bit off .

Judy, nice job with rowing, run/walk, and Yin Yoga. I’m not surprised that the garden center is so busy now. This is the weekend that everyone wants to start their gardening projects.

Diane Sue, nice job with CDorner Lower Body, STS 2 Mat Yoga, Total Body Barbell upper body + core, and Mini Ball Abs. I had forgotten that you are an artist! That’s wonderful that you will paint your granddaughter’s pictures for her birthday.

Cathy, I hope that AT&T gets things fixed for you.

Hello to Valerie.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.