Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 5/17

fox2star

Cathlete
Good morning,

Today I did LITE Stacked Sets Lower Body 42 minutes, 307 calories.

Valerie, you really do find all kinds of stuff! It means that you are a very observant person. I guess when you do all the outdoor activities you do, with watching for interesting animals, as well as any pitfalls that could cause injury etc, it does not surprise me that you are vigilant in what is going on around you. good that you got your mammogram scheduled. I got a letter from my gynecologist cancelling my yearly appointment. It was supposed to be on the 21st of this month. Nothing about rescheduling. They are only seeing pregnant patients, and emergencies. That is awful about the credit cards among the wedding guests being hacked. Restaurants are notorious for that. That's why I like it in Canada where they bring the machine to the table, and your card is never out of your sight. Did you see the latest McDonald's drive through credit card scam? The drive through person was taking the card, and right below the window, taking a picture of the front and back of it with her phone, before handing it back.

Diane Sue, I don't know if I could keep all those measurement devices and apps straight! Are you doing "social distancing" birthday parties like Drive Bys? Wow, 2 am is a late bedtime! We have had charges on our credit cards a lot. A pain to have it cancelled and have to wait for a new one, especially when there are automatic payments on them, having to change all those to the new number. One time someone in Europe was using my card, stuff bought from Liverpool and Paris postage bought with it.

Lori, Barre Blend sounds like a good rotation. I loved watching our baby birds too. When they were ready to leave the nest we had to be very careful about the dogs in the yard. We took them out on leashes in case there was a baby on the ground still trying to fly.

Carolyn, good job on Upper Body Trisets and Cardio Supersets! I have resorted to doing burpees, and mountain climbers using my Firm High Step for my hands and do not go t the floor any longer. I still get a lot out of the moves. Great idea to use old tee shirts for the masks!

Judy, and word on when they want you to go back to HD for work? Our county here cannot pass the 7 standards to even get into Phase 1 of the re-opening. :(.

Take care,

Deb we have always been interested in flowers, wildlife and birds. it helps to be alert to anything different. I've found a lot of snakes too. I work at it! its depressing to notice all the trash people leave behind.
we started using cash in restaurants. we don't eat out that much and it eliminates your cc disappearing while taken to the register. we got hacked at least 3x. each we connected to a restaurant as most likely. the Tahoe event I called the police department about it when I found all our family members had been hacked too, but no one was interested in doing anything. it was a rough trip and very bad memories of Tahoe.
good to know about the drive thru scam. especially inexpensive places... I pay cash now.

I did reved up rumble, push ups and ab workout yesterday.

I have severe arthritis in my wrists and hands. I grab the feet of a weight bench instead of hands flat on the floor. or I use the step. it really helps. the movement itself is not much easier, but a better position for my hands.
I'm looking forward to getting my hair done!. I need a cut. did the color myself this morning. DH helps and paint the roots on the top and back, and turns out great.

Last edited:
Today is my rest day. The weather is nice today and we plan to grill some chicken for dinner. We might have rain later, but hopefully it will not start until afterwards.

Deb, nice work with Stacked Sets Lower Body. I modify burpees most times by not going to the floor. I am using the t-shirts to make stretchy headbands with buttons to wear with the masks. I made the masks from cotton fabric that I had in my sewing bin. I didn’t realize that I had so much fabric!

Valerie, I really want to have my hair done too. I don’t know if I will actually feel comfortable going in when she reopens the salon. My mammogram was rescheduled from March to mid June.

Hello to Diane Sue, Judy, and Lori.

Hi Everyone,

This weekend I took a break from strength work. I did Peloton rides both days. This week I will continue with Cathe Live and may add in a couple of KCM workouts.

Deb-Great job with Stacked Sets Lower Body! I haven't heard anything from Home Depot yet but I told them I would come back in June if things looked better. I will have to decide soon and let them know one way or the other.
People in Michigan are starting to get a little upset with the hair salons not opening yet. Some of them have closed permanently already :( It's probably the same with gyms. I still haven't colored my hair yet but I plan to this week.

Valerie-Nice job with Rev'd Up Rumble! I will need to get my hair cut eventually. If the salons open up here in June, I'm not sure I will feel comfortable going that soon though.

Carolyn-I hope you had a nice rest day!

Hi to Diane Sue & Lori!

Judy

I have not done much this weekend as far as workouts. This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Perfect 10 which is kind of a wake up and get going body weight workout. Not super easy, but similar to the Fitbit workout I did yesterday morning which I don't think that I posted. Push up variations, plank press, plank push ups, lunges with arm movements , side lunges etc.. about 24 minutes which was enough. I spent my day hanging with my husband yesterday and preparing more birthday cake. I didn't get rid of all of that cake the last two weekend birthdays. I will stuff it in the freezer until someone is around to eat it. If it is there too long I will throw it out. Also my daughter bought a huge tray of croissants which is a weakness for me. I did not eat one though. I guess they will go in the freezer as well. My older grandchildren are getting more interested in health and not so much junk. The little ones would eat it till they were sick if I let them.
My granddaughter's husband that is in it set up my scale with the wifi for me today and set Fitbit with it. It has been picking up things like calories from MFP but over Bluetooth. Plus I kept getting a notification that my scale was ready with Bluetooth. Stayed on my front screen of my phone all of the time.

Deb, we had parties in our house. Things are opening up fairly quickly around here. I had part of the family last week for two of their birthdays and this week it was my one daughter and her children and daughter's husband and a boyfriend. 10 of us today. Some businesses are starting to open with guidelines. My granddaughter came in and had had her nails done. I think my daughter has a hair appointment next week. She said they are spreading out appointments. My granddaughter's husbands family had a drive by birthday party for his brother last week. I was just looking at pictures of it on facebook. I think they will be going into phase 2 before long on the reopening. My church is still doing the self distancing for awhile longer. A lot of the bigger churches like my daughter goes to are working on how they are going to do their opening since there are so many people. Chilis has had the credit card machines at the tables for several years now where you pay from your table yourself. It does make more sense for the patron's protection. It always feels weird when they take your card and disappear with it and bring back your card and receipt. We use cash a lot when we go out to eat.

Valerie, I use the step when I do workouts like step Boss I Max 4 when Cathe does burpees back and forth across the floor. Sometimes I grab the side of my rebounder which works better for me than so much pressure on my wrists on the floor. That is nice that your husband helps with your hair color and it turns out nice. I just did mine this week.

Carolyn, I think we are going to have nice weather all week so I will try to get out and mow and take care of weeds. It just sprinkled yesterday so the chances of rain were not so bad. One of the reasons I don't like to go get my hair done is because of my allergies. All of that hair spray and stuff in the air always sets off my coughing and sneezing and then they really kill me when they have my arthritic neck hanging on the edge of their sink for shampoos. So, comfort has always been an issue even without a virus going around.
So far all of my upcoming appointments are still the same. They did not change my arthritis appointment and I have two appointments with the eye surgeon. One in July and one August. Still have not checked with my dentist to reschedule. I figure they will probably be calling patients sometime. I could call Penny the receptionist. I have her home phone because I did daycare for her children growing up and she lived next door to me for 4 years when the children were in high school. It was a funny coincidence to find they were our neighbors when we moved there. I am just not in a hurry for a dentist appointment though.

Judy, I think it will take awhile for people to feel comfortable again. Too bad it has to be baby steps as the small businesses can not all recover. The big places like Home Depot, Costco, Walmart etc, probably really do not need help. They did not get shut down like the small businesses. It really is not fair. I feel bad for them. Some have been enterprising enough to come up with ways to still sell their items. I have a friend that moved to Kansas recently and had opened a boutique store. She shows things on facebook and made face masks and did some distance photography for people. Just little things to help keep going. It has been rough on her though. She made the button bands for the masks. She is located by a college.
It looks like you have some good plans set for workouts this week.

I did gym style back and biceps premix. I didn't have enough time to do the whole thing. older dvds don't work well on my player. people get distorted by the screen size so they look wide. wow cathe is really ripped back then. her body fat content must have been about 5%. I haven't used a barbell in a while and it was a lot of re-shuffling and fuss to get that set up for not much actual use. dumbbells are a lot easier to grab. heavier weights than I've done for a while and the premix cuts off things like what weight she is using and how many reps. if I do this again I would do the whole workout and get the barbell set up before starting. newer disks work a lot better in my dvd player. I want to work back through dvds I haven't used in a while and see what's worth keeping. I went heavier, not as heavy as cathe, but don't think I will get sore. my hair turned out nice. I have gray on the top/front but the rest is still brown.

This morning I did ICE Metabolic Total Body which was 50 minutes and 272 calories burned. My average heart rate was 120 and maximum heart rate was 153.

Judy, taking a rest week from weight work is a good reset for the body. I think that you are right that many small businesses like hair salons will not be able to recover. I had a message from a hair stylist that I know to say that she and her husband are now doing lawn care. Many were already working more than one job to make ends meet.

Diane Sue, it sounds like you had a nice restful weekend. That’s great that you got your scale working with Bluetooth as it should.

Valerie, great job with Gym Styles. I like those workouts. I use dumbbells instead of the barbell for biceps and anything that has the barbell on the shoulders or overhead. I’m glad that your hair turned out well. My husband has decided that I need to cut his hair and beard, something I know nothing about! Finding clippers is very difficult right now. That’s one more thing that’s out of stock at most places online.

Hello to Deb and Lori.

Today was weigh in day. not good news. I gained another pound and a half so my big loss of 2 weeks ago was not right, it is all back, every tenth. I am so disgusted. I don't know how I can eat less. my husband, who eats pretty much whatever he wants, describes my diet for the last several months as 'saintly".
we mt biked this morning 2 hrs and 15 minutes. it is a lot of climbing. I skipped a snack. I was eating a piece of fruit on mornings when we do long bouts of exercise, which was cut down from a Kind bar. on days when we xc ski I go way over on points because I am SO hungry but I have kept it to good food no junk.

Carolyn, I cut my DH's hair and have for a long time. I have a clipper but only use it around the edges at back. his hair is thin, curly, and lies flat with a cowlick. nothing good about it, but a salon cut is not any better. a sharp hair scissors is essential. don't cut off too much.... too long is better than too short. too short is hard to recover from! I never looked but no doubt there are u tube videos showing how to do it.
I'm guessing hair type and style has more to do with it than anything. my husband is getting pretty thin and bald ,so it doesn't matter much who cuts it and how.

I have 2 easy curl bars that I always like for curls. DH had them loaded up too heavy and I got tired of taking them apart and reloading them so haven't used in a long time. it seemed like he didnt use them until I loaded them with my weights, and then he'd get motivated and immediately reload with his weight. so I had to redo it every time I used it.

Last edited:
Valerie, my husband is partially bald and usually has a shaved head. I feel like I can manage that based on the videos that I have watched. He has a beard that I am worried about. Normally he visits his barber weekly, but hasn’t been there since March 15. I will see what I can do once I get the tools that I need.

Hello all,

Today I did LITE Cardio Party, 39 minutes, but no calories were recorded. I saw the calorie burn number during the workout, but when I was done, it reported "0". I think the band on my FitBit slips around to much, so it does not always get a pulse. I guess I need to get a smaller band. I like the one I have, it is metal, not that rubber one that it usually comes with. I bought it afterwards.

Valerie, nice job on gym style back & biceps. Those are good workouts. using the step for burpees etc is a good idea. I have been using the Fit Tower bar in a low position to do push ups, rather than knee ones. Not sure if this would work for burpees, and mountain climbers. My Firm step is pretty low to the ground already. Agree on BB weights, you can always sub with DB's I have a couple of them from sets of weights I had in the past. These are the old fashioned ones that you had to screw on the ends, took forever to do and very frustrating if there are a lot of weight changes. I set one up with 20 pounds, and just leave it there, then use the same one Cathe uses with those easy clips for heavier weights. I pretty much leave that one at 35. Also have a 15 and 18 body bar.

Carolyn, nice job on ICE Metabolic Total Body! hope you had a nice rest day and a good chicken grilling! isn't is amazing how much "stuff" you can collect when sewing? I have so much fabric for quilting, along with batting etc. I hate to toss it, but it takes up a lot of room even in totes etc. I have my sewing stuff with quilting cutting table etc in a spare bedroom and you can hardly find the bed! LOL. I keep saying one of these days I will go through the stuff. Good luck with the hair and beard trims! It sounds like you have done your research, so should come out fine.

Judy, which Cathe Live are you doing? Did you try that solo Boot Camp one she did recently? You may have mentioned it but I have forgotten. I think with what they are saying salons must do, it may be as safe as it ever will be.

Diane Sue, nice that your area is opening, I agree on the small businesses. I think at least 50% of them will not re-open. Such a sad thing. We are "supposedly" going into phase 1 tomorrow. Lots of confusion as to what is in phase 1. The governor was here today to do his "daily update" and did not say anything about opening up tomorrow, but now the local radio stations are saying we are in phase 1 tomorrow. Not clear at all on what we are doing.

Hi to Lori,

Take care,

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw 7 Strong, 43 minutes, heart rate 107/165, 1,071 steps, 145 calories. I then did Raw Box and Tone wearing my 4# vest, 29 minutes, heart rate 140/169, 2,608 steps, 174 calories, and finished with Fit Bit Yoga for upper body tension, 16 minutes, 44 calories, heart rate 82/104, 15 steps. The yoga I did not use my Fitbit watch, I let the app log the calories from the workout. Funny that the Fit Bit watch would probably give me more than half those calories. Total time was, 88 minutes, 363 calories, 3,694 calories.
So far I even have discovered that I can pick an exercise on the Scale's website and it will monitor time and the type of workout, but I don't think it is picking up on a heart rate or steps, so I am guessing it just tracks it as weights for so long for my body weight. It actually gave me less calories using weights and using boxing. Otherwise I can manually add it to the app if I want. It continues to want me to link the Google Fit app to do steps and put my finger on the phone for a pulse. Nice thing with the scale linked to my wifi I did not have to drag my cell phone upstairs, which I keep forgetting, to get my reading from the scale.
I got the Peak Performance Collagen Creamer that I ordered. It is good and no sweetener at all. Powdered coconut milk and grass fed collagen powder. It tastes good mixed in my coffee. Most of those collagen creamers have sugar added and some I have tried or way too sweet.
Grass pollen is out now and even the Zertec and Claritin are not working very well. Back to the itchy sinuses and coughing :( I thought I was doing good. I need to go out and mow the back yard. That ought to work out well for sleeping. Following my patterns with Fit Bit, it seems the coughing and waking nights for dry mouth repeatedly, are the nights my sleep is only fair. How to get rid of that is a mystery. Think maybe a humidifier might be a good idea for the bedroom. I loathe the Flonase and the way it leaves my head feeling. Helps, but not sure the side effects are worth it.

Strong 7 is 7 exercises 7 reps repeated 7 times and finishing off with some abs. I upped the weight a bit on some of it this time. Kelly uses 20# dumbbells and a 33# barbell as well as a bench.

Dumbbell Row 27# dumbbells (25+2# gloves which I wore throughout)
Power Curl and press 17# dumbbells (dropped to 14# last two rounds and did not attempt the barbell at this weight)
Squat 27# dumbbells
Deadlift 27# dumbbells
Bench press 17# dumbbells
dips 35# barbell
hip thrust 35# barbell
repeat to set 5 then change to barbell last two rounds doing barbell rows 7 reps and barbell reverse grip row 7 reps All moves except power curl and press I did with the 35# barbell and weighted gloves. Just cannot do that much overhead work. I really like the format of this workout as there is no down time. You have to have your weights ready to go otherwise you will be pausing a lot.

Valerie, yes, Cathe was really lean back then. Then again we are going back to the low fat era. I really do like those workouts. I know what you mean about the dvd players and the people looking wide with the new formats. I used to be able to change the screen to make them normal size, but then you had blank screen on either side of an almost square. Technology changes all of the time. I just ignore that they look wide as does everything in the picture. My newer blu ray player does well with all of my dvds though.

Carolyn, we have clippers and my husband cuts his own hair a lot of the time and you can't tell the difference from the barber and him doing it. He is particular about his clippers. He has cut all of our grandchildrens hair at times and even styled my older grandson's hair for him. He did buy some device that goes around the head or something, I didn't look at it well ;) That helps him trim the bottom in the back straight. I think I needed a more restful weekend. I had so much more energy this morning. My husband is bald too. Glad he got rid of the beard though. I have helped him trim the bottom of his hair in the past, but he has it down now.

Deb, I guess I was typing when you posted. My Fit Bit app was not working with my calories and steps either this morning. I had to shut my cell phone down twice and reopen the app to get the stats and step. Even after that it took awhile to get my steps to sync on my watch. It was weird, so maybe it is not how you had your watch on. I saw my stats when I was working out too so I knew they should be there somewhere.
We are getting ready for phase 2 here. I think some people are getting more comfortable about going places, more people outdoors and outdoor activities. Some restaurants are opening, but not a lot yet. We will see what is in phase 2.

I feel better today than I did yesterday. this weight thing really gets to me. especially when I am doing what I need to do but not moving forward.
I record what I do for how long I did it, on a paper calendar. I max out on electronic devices pretty quickly. it sure sounds like an ongoing headache to get things synced etc. logging my food, water, exercise on WW is Ok. on previous ventures into WW I got aggravated quickly. I've gone to more general entries. I got sick of entering ingredients and calculating points for every thing I ate. the person i chatted with yesterday told me I needed to eat more. I will try to up my intake of free foods. I am staying within points most days. on big exercise days I don't because I am too hungry but I have not eaten junk.
I don't think some activity counts are high enough. If we xc ski, it is cold out. I carry a 20+ lb pack, skis, boots and climbing skins weigh a lot, and its usually uphill. Mountain biking is a big calorie burner too, but nothing like skiing. I stay close to allotted points on bike days. ski days... no way. I bring low fat popcorn, fruit. food that travels well and doesn't need refrigeration is not easy. I used to do cheese.

I have no idea how to trim a beard. I'd try the same approach. less is better. you can always go back and trim more if still too bushy.
we had almost 2800 covid cases in the county I live in. the county to the south had 8000. we are in phase 1 but especially for this area it will be slower. I'm getting a mamm today. will be interesting to see the arrangements to get that done! DIY with me in the room and a looping utube video on a screen?

I dont think this DVD is blue ray. the newer dvds are ok but older ones are distorted . letterboxing? is that what the screen size thing was? I was struck with how defined cathes arms and shoulders and abs were. not that she isn't still in amazing shape still but this was pre pregnancy and children. that is probably not sustainable long term and a lot of people don't like that look anyway.

This morning I did Cardio Party + Extended Stretch #1 for 49 minutes and 281 calories burned. My average heart rate was 118 and maximum heart rate was 148. I tried Amazon Fresh for the first time today. I put in an order this morning and it was delivered at 11:35. I am pleased with the quality of the produce and the chicken. Delivery is free with Prime if it is at least $35.00. I wanted to do it a month ago, but Amazon was overwhelmed at the time and not taking more participants. I had to wait for them to email me that I could shop Fresh. When they finally contacted me on April 30 I had moved on to something else. Last week I received a couple of emails letting me know that additional 2 hour delivery windows were available now. It all worked out since I needed a few things today.

Diane Sue, great job with Coffeyfit Raw 7 and Box and Tone. My husband’s beard is a recent thing. He has always had a mustache and at different times a small beard or goatee, but this full beard started in January. I’m not a fan, but he is not ready to shave it off yet.

Valerie, not losing weight when you are trying so hard is very disheartening. I had a similar thought as the WW Coach that you don’t seem to be eating enough food. You really shouldn’t feel hungry and frustrated. Try more zero point foods that are the lower calorie choices. Every person is different, but I have to be very careful with fruit. My zero snacks are usually carrots or some other non starchy vegetable. Maybe you can focus on adding in a few zero points foods to increase your satisfaction.

Deb, Cardio Party is a fun workout. I hate when the fitness tracker doesn’t record my data. I know that my body is still benefiting, but I like to see it on the device. That was my frustration with my last Polar.

Hello to Judy and Lori.

Thanks Carolyn. I asked about the fruit yesterday. coach assured me it was not a factor. I also understand one size does not fit all! I don't like carrots and celery. I was wary about bananas. no more than one a day, usually half of one in a fruit salad. I like grapes, oranges, apples so those have been more useful. what happens is I'm not that hungry when skiing, but that night and into the next day I feel like I'm starving.

we wanted to mt bike again today, but it was raining when we got to the trail, and DH forgot his jacket. drove home instead. I rode 30 min up and down hills near our house. going to do an upper body workout shortly.

did stacked upper body this afternoon.

Last edited:
Today I did Raw Cardio Tone 31 minutes, heart rate 124/169, 142 calories, 2,156 steps, .23 according to my health mate app from my scale , .29 mph average/ 1.7 mph max. Interesting Data. I just used other on the workout choice because like Fitbit there is no aerobic setting so it is between other or fitness to use. Calorie burns were similar to Fitbit. I then did Raw Cardio Overload 2 wearing a 4 lb vest, and doing it on the floor instead of step ( I did pull out the high step for the squat thrust knee ins since Kelly is doing this off her step) A large amount of this workout is on the floor anyway. This was 36 minutes, heart rate 127/160 heart rate, 188 calories, 3,400 steps, .29 mph/1.7mph, .18 miles. I also did a youtube Jessica Smith 10 minute Stretch, 14 calories, 38 steps. Total time was 77 minutes, 344 calories, 5,594 steps.

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did Yin Yoga and today I did KCM Strong & Lean workout 1 and LiTe Chair Stretch.

Deb-I changed my plans a little and decided to do more of an active rest week. I might do a Live workout later this week or I might wait until next week. I think I'll do mostly yoga and maybe workouts from the LiTe series and some KCM workouts. I did do the solo boot camp one last Friday and it was very challenging.

Valerie-We've had over 19,000 cases in this county (includes Detroit). We are in phase 3 of 6 phases, and most things won't be open until phase 5 or 6. Chris was supposed to get a colonoscopy this summer but I'm not sure that will happen.

Carolyn-Chris has grown a beard over the past couple of months. He's always been clean shaven for work but now that he is home all the time he decided to give it a try.

Diane Sue-The pollen has been really bad here too. I've been taking Allegra and it helps but not 100%. I still have some allergies symptoms.

Hi to Lori,

Judy

judy we are still in phase one in this area. some parts of the state are in phase 2. I went in for a mamm today and it was interesting. to get in the building I got questioned about virus sxs, and my temp taken. then into the waiting area... I'm alone in there, not a magazine or a pamphlet anywhere. this is a big mamm facility and there was one woman inside who they were finishing up with, then I went in. its like your very own medical building with a load of employees! everyone wearing a mask, me included. I was in and out quickly, hopefully all is good. the drive there and back was simple and uncrowded. wish some of these things would last. not all things but some.

Do masks help with allergy sxs? I hate wearing one but if I were doing yard work I might try one to see if it helps.

I just preordered the new Cathe Dvds and downloads. I think I will like the length and hoping I like the flow workouts. Also welcome more low impact workouts and weight workouts :)
I need to get around earlier tomorrow if possible so I can go to the grocery store. Running out of fruits and vegetables. I keep making myself what is sort of a smoothie bowl, but minus the berries. Not much of a smoothie bowl that way.
I got well over 10,000 steps in today. Also went outside and did some yard work both days. Finally a few days of no rain so I could spray and stuff. The back really needed mowed.

Carolyn, I have not really looked at Amazon Fresh. Is that one of the things you pay a monthly fee for. If I remember right the Pantry was something like 5.00 a month? I haven't looked at all of that in awhile. Now anytime I look at food it tries to take me to Whole Foods since I ordered from their. My husband usually has a goatee when he decides to grow it back. He goes through phases of having one and not having one.

Valerie, I think I have a few to many apps I am trying to keep up with on my health and fitness information and I log it all in my agenda book that I carry around with me. I don't have any Blu-ray workout dvds. I just my player is one that plays Blu-ray and 4K whatever that is. The older dvds are just not made for the wider screen viewing that most televisions are not. It used to be that you could set it for full screen instead of wide screen and sometimes it would fit in the middle of the screen with black around it, but the people were no longer wide. I still have several older dvd vhs combo players around. You are so active all of the time and meticulous with your eating, I know it has to be frustrating trying to get the weight down.
I got my mask originally to wear outside when working. I think it helps some. When I do wear it out doing yard stuff I come in wash it, use saline solution, and eye drops, plus wash good so I am not carrying pollen back in. I am pretty sure my dog brings it in. I get by her and will start sneezing and coughing. I try to keep her brushed well and clean. My daughter says her husband wears a mask, wrap around sunglasses, takes Claritin every day and now uses Flonase when allergies are really bad and he does pretty well. They have all of that land and outside stuff to do. My mammograms are like that most of the time anyway. I usually am ushered into the smaller waiting room that has a dressing room and they come and get me right away and then I am out of there. Never full of people.

Judy, nice workouts. I kind of like Cathe's Chair stretch. I used some of the moves from it in the mornings while I am sitting here reading I will hold a stretch for a bit like Cathe does on that stretch. At first I thought I really was not getting much out of it, but do it right and you can feel a nice gentle stretch.
I saw our governor on Fox News this afternoon and he said we will be ready for phase three of opening back up around June first. I was doing pretty well with the tree pollen and taking Zertec, but suddenly started having all of the sneezing and drippiness. I checked and grass pollen was up. I thought that maybe the new Zertec gel tabs were the problem, like maybe not dissolving or something. I still think I may try something else. I hate the way they make me feel, but I just cannot sleep well, and going to the store sneezing coughing and drippy does not work even when there is not a virus going around.

Today I did Step Sync combos 1 and 2. That was 33 minutes and 258 calories burned. My average heart rate was 138 and maximum heart rate was 169. I had my WW Zoom meeting this morning, which is always nice. I even allowed video today so that I could interact more with friends.

Diane Sue, I‘m sure that you will be glad that you preordered the new dvds. I preordered them several months ago and I’m looking forward to the shorter workouts. I have Amazon Prime and I don’t pay an extra fee for Pantry. There is a delivery fee for Fresh if you order less than 35.00, but I was slightly above that amount. Fruits, vegetables, and chicken were mostly what I needed.

Valerie, that fruit question comes up frequently in the meetings. The answer is usually the same, that fruit is not a problem for most people and is certainly better than cookies. Our Leader/Coach does say that if you are not losing like you think you should be it’s worth looking at. Three to five servings a day seems to be a good balance, but again it depends on the individual. I’m glad that your mammogram appointment went well. I am curious about how mine will be next month.

Judy, nice active recovery workouts this week. Beards and facial hair are very popular with men of all ages right now.

Hello to Deb and Lori.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.