Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 12/10/2023

Today I did CDorner Old School Cardio Aerobics 70's 80's music, 44 minutes, heart rate 142/176, 3,915 steps. I followed with Raw Stretch, 19 minutes, 27 calories. Then I thought I should do abs since I I did every other body part twice this week so I did Raw TBTS abs 17 minutes, 35 calories. Total time was 80 minutes, 311 calories. We went to my grandson's play this afternoon. I see Kelly has put up a drop sets workout and a lighter weight day workout on the Raw channel. I will check it out Monday. Afterward I went to my grandson's Seussical Musical play. He sang and was the mayor.

Today I did Live Advanced Choreography Step, which is pretty much routines taken from videos, and alternates dance and power combos. Then I did Pyramid Pump Upper Body.

Diane Sue great job with CDorner Old School Cardio Aerobics, and abs. That play sounds like a lot of fun!

Judy nice job with 30 minutes of rowing. Isn't it an odd time of year to cut hours, or don't they get extra busy at Christmas?

Valerie the sounds like a very nice walk. Always nice when it's not level which gets boring to me much faster. My sister has her primary residence in FL, but they spend pretty much equal time in NC. I know if I had the place in NC, I sure as heck wouldn't spend any time in FL. But then she's currently on a cruise, and I wouldn't do that either. LOL It's amazing we get along so well, because our lifestyles have very little in common.

I like uphill better than downhill but mixed terrain is best. raining today so probably back on the machines. I always hated florida. ugh. have been there multiple times for sales meetings and swore it was the worst place I ever went. the one exception would be a cruise, which I would hate even more. not my kind of trip. not a big fan of water, beaches, or heat and humidity. always been more interested in mountains, wildlife, and being somewhere alone. like desert areas too, but again not busy places.
sigh, this is so boring. wish I could be doing more things, even housework sounds good. so you KNOW this is boring!

Cathy-the busiest season at Home Depot is Spring and early summer. It slows down after the 4th of July. It picks up a little before the holidays but not really a lot. They cut part time employees hours from mid December through February. This year they seem to be cutting hours even more, probably due to the economy and sales not being as high.

Judy we will boost HD holiday sales by going tomorrow to pick up a new toilet after Lowes ( miles closer) was unable to order one for us. no employee there could figure out how to get a toilet from another store or from the manufacturer when all we wanted was to order a 10 inch rough-in one and pick it up at the local store. I don't know how they stay in business. it was bizarre. we could not order it online from them either. DH was tearing out his hair( cant afford to do that!) because when the online order would not work, he called the store. often stores don't have 10 inch rough-in ones in stock , so we expected to order it but no one could manage to do it, and he went thru several people.

Last edited:
This morning I did the MMA Kickboxing and Boxing that I put together and then I did Great Glutes. Omitted the standing compound exercises and added the barre bonus segment.

I need to start working on my next rotation and I'm actually contemplating adding in an extra day of total body to STS. I found with STS 2 that I do better when I do muscle groups more than once a week.

Good morning. I never got a chance to check in yesterday! I did my regular yoga/mobility to start my week. Today I did Cardio Party which was 39 minutes and 279 calories burned. My average heart rate was 132 and maximum heart rate was 157.

Judy, thanks for starting the weekly thread. I’m sure that you will like having more time off from your work schedule.

Diane Sue, great job with CDorner Old School Aerobics, Raw Stretch, and Raw TBTS Abs. Your grandson’s Suessical musical must have been fun.

Cathy, great job with Live Advanced Choreography Step, Pyramid Pump Upper Body, MMA Kickboxing, your own boxing workout, and Great Glutes. I suspect that my Fitbit data change is because I don’t have premium. Or it could be my device. I just have to remember to look at it before I click finish.

Valerie, I’m sorry that you are having problems ordering from Lowe’s. I was so frustrated when I bought something online to pick up in the Lowe’s store that I haven’t tried them again. There was no reason for it to be so difficult!

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Last edited:
Carolyn that was exactly what happened to us. we've used this store many times, have ordered things and picked them up there many times before. there was no reason why they should not have been able to get this toilet for us. its American Standard, a common brand they carry, and some of their stores even had the particular one we need but they are not close-by stores. how could multiple employees not be able to do this? Dh talked to several people trying to get this done and finally gave up. when we tried to order it online it kept trying to get us to drive to a store 60 miles away to pick it up. maybe their computer systems went nuts? they lost a sale. the HD had one in stock and is only 10-15 miles away so we went there and picked it up. dont like that store because its in the midst of an outlet mall and during xmas shopping it gets nutso there. wasnt bad this morning.

Today I did Raw Total Body Drop sets. The same as Debbie. 30 minutes, 85 calories, heart rate 97/127. I followed this with Raw Tone it Up 29 minutes, 80 calories, heart rate 97/131. I finished off with CDorner Day 5 neck and shoulder stretch. My shoulders already feel these workouts and I went lighter than Kelly on the drop sets. I won't work out tomorrow. I am going to a get together with my ladies group in the morning for Christmas gift exchange, bingo, and card making.

Raw Total Body drop sets
uses and incline step 15,20,& 30lb dumbbells

front curls to arnold press 15# dbs 2nd sets 12# dbs (tough on my shoulders)
crush grip squats 30# db 2nd set 20# db 10 reps
incline pullover 25# db 2nd set 20# db 10 reps
swings I started with two kettlebells at 20# and dropped to one kettlebell 20 reps 2nd set 15# kb 20 reps I did not want to use the dumbbells
1 arm rows 30# db 10 reps 2nd set 20# db 10 reps
Squat with overhead press with some momentum that Kelly calls thrusters 12# dbs 10 reps 2nd set 10# dbs 10 reps (at this point I was afraid I would injure my shoulder)
single arm incline press 20# db 2nd set 15# db 10 reps

Tone Up
uses 5,8,&10# dumbbells
45 sec work

balance single leg lift behind
alternating knee raises while holding 1 dumbbell overhead right then holding left 10# db
10# dumbbell on shoulder side squat reach out with free arm
front raise to draw the sword 8# db rt/lt
split squat/deadlift 10# dbs
windmill 8# db (dropped to 5# as I am terrible at these)
floor push up on knees with 3 pulses and up
low plank/down dog
table position reach up 5# db
bird dog crunch 5# db
1 arm pull over in a bridge hold 8# db
Turkish sit up 8# db

Valerie, you would think purchasing a toilet would be no big deal. Home Depot always seemed good about checking other stores for us. We have not dealt with Lowes around here very much. They are closer than HD. Maybe Amazon has toilets. If the outlet mall area is like the one near us, their parking lot was packed Saturday when we went to my grandson's musical play. We avoid the stores this time of year. Even all the restaurants were packed, because after the play we were going to get something to eat. We decided not to stop.

Cathy, nice work doing MMA Kickboxing and Boxing you put together and Great Glutes. I like to do body parts twice a week. I used to keep it at twice upper and three times lower, but legs seem to need more recovery than they used to.

Carolyn, good job getting in your usual yoga yesterday and Cardio Party today.

This morning I did Live Low Impact Cardio Hiit. Uses light weights for some things.

Diane Sue nice job with Raw Total Body Drop sets, Raw Tone it Up and stretching.

Sunday I got caught up on some much needed housecleaning. Chris helped and we got a lot done. I also a Peloton Full Body workout (20 minutes), 10 minutes of rowing and 45 minutes of Yin Yoga. Yesterday I did Live #366, PHA Supersets, No Repeats, 10 minutes of rowing and a 30 minute Peloton Stretch. That Live PHA workouts is one of my favorites and I’ve been doing it regularly. I like that it’s no repeat and it has a nice core section at the end.

Valerie-I’m glad you were able to get the toilet you wanted at HD. It sounds like Lowes was having some computer issues and possibly had newer employees that didn’t know what to do. It’s ridiculous to expect you to drive 60 miles. HD has a pretty good system to transfer products from other stores if needed.

Cathy-Great job with Live Advanced Choreography Step, Pyramid Pump Upper Body, MMA Kickboxing and Boxing, Great Glutes and Low Impact Cardio Hiit. You are getting some nice workouts in this week!

Diane Sue-Great job with CDorner Old School Cardio Aerobics, Raw Stretch, Raw Total Body Drop sets, Raw Tone Up and CDorner Day 5 neck and shoulder stretch. That drop set workout sounds good.

Carolyn-Great job with your regular yoga/mobility and Cardio Party. I am really enjoying the time off. Lowes does seem to have some issues. We ordered an air filter there that I couldn’t get at HD and they had a hard time finding it when we went to pick it up. You’re right, it shouldn’t be so difficult.

Reactions: WD
Today I did P30 Perfect Pump Upper Body and the Extended Stretch. My time was 47 minutes with 194 calories burned. Average heart rate was 112 and maximum heart rate was 141. I’m trying to finish up my Christmas shopping and getting the house the way that I want it to be.

Valerie, Lowe’s need to work on their e-commerce and inventory tracking process. My issue was more than four years ago and it doesn’t sound like they have made much progress.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw Total Body Drop Sets and CDorner neck and shoulder stretch.

Cathy, nice job with Live Low Impact Cardio HiiT.

Judy, nice work with the Peloton Full Body Workout, rowing, Yin Yoga, PHA Supersets, and the stretch.

Have a great day everyone.

the other thing I don't trust is number of what's supposedly "in stock" . no way do I trust that. there are 2 HDs nearby and 2 lowes and we use all of them. HD has a much larger inventory but Lowes is closer so depends on what we need.

we walked the nearby state park this morning. a bit of fog to start and then lovely sunshine. I walked 1 hr 45 min., twice as long and far as Ive done yet. this isn't flat, but rough trails thru lowland forest with lots of uphill and down. it was lovely and I enjoyed it. this gives me confidence to do much longer walks if we want. Got home feeling like a conquering hero, then opened the refrigerator and dropped a container of salsa that I can't clean up. a mess.

Last edited:
This morning I decided to go really old school as I can access all the workouts on On Demand. Decided to do Step-N-Motion. Very, very old school step. The clothes, the hair, outfits, the moves. But, it was just very disjointed and had rather long (seemed to me) slow downs to cool down between things. Wasn't really combos, just moves. At 30 minutes, I ended up switching and doing some of my Finished Step. She did that workout when she was 24 and had really big hair. LOL Then I did STS 2 Mat Yoga. Of all the yoga workouts, I like that one the best, no contest.

Valerie that sounds like an excellent walk! I'm sure it has to feel so good to be able to do it. But, ugh on the dropped salsa. That would create a huge clean up mess. Did your DH take care of it, if so, I'm guessing it was accompanied by a lot of comments. Mine would certainly feel free.

Carolyn great job with P30 Perfect Pump Upper Body and the Extended Stretch. I am so not done with my shopping. I sent Derek's GF an Amazon card yesterday, as she had a list wish and she would have just gotten them herself before Christmas. My Mom's gift is arriving today, and I'm taking Derek to Cleveland sometime in Jan/Feb. He'd far rather just go places than get stuff. Nick is a problem. He spends most of his money on eating out, busy life. I gave him an REI card for his birthday in September and he hasn't used it yet. Money is boring, but that's what he may get. DH hasn't gotten me his list yet. At least I don't have many people to buy for anymore.

Judy great job with the Peloton workouts and Live #366, PHA Supersets.

I made a typo in my last post that I corrected I walked 1 hr 45 min. today i will walk with a neighbor around our neighborhood. she has a dog who is totally nutso but still needs walking. easier than yesterday but a reasonable amount. probably about an hour.

Cathy he was not too bad about the salsa. it was a small plastic take-out type container, not a glass jar at least. my fault but it's the only truly messy thing I've dropped in 6 weeks. it bounced so went all over the fridge and floor. its so limiting, being unable to bend! I pulled the bigger container out and the plastic one on top tipped and splattered everywhere. Ugh.

we only do gift cards these days. shipping is so ridiculously expensive it made the decision for us years ago.

got out and did the long walk today with my neighbor and her dog. 1.5 hours.

Last edited:
This morning I did KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix workout one. That was 26 minutes and 195 calories burned. Average heart rate was 134 and maximum heart rate was 150. Had virtual WW this morning.

My family loves the gift exchange and the beautifully wrapped boxes under the tree. My grandchildren were very specific with their lists which made it easy to choose for them. I just need to decide on something for my husband.

Cathy, you really did go old school with Step N Motion! Nice job trying that one and adding STS 2 Mat Yoga.

Valerie, great job with walking in the state park and planning another one today. It’s never fun to spill items from the refrigerator. We all do it.

Hello to Judy and Diane Sue.

No workout yesterday. Today I did CDorner Basic Step #230, 32 minutes, heart rate 137/163, 174 calories, 3,806 steps. I then did did Raw Timesaver Intervals, 13 minutes, 76 calories, heart rate 138/171, 993 steps. I finished with CDorner Loosen Neck, shoulders, and hips stopping at the relaxation part, 23 minutes, 39 calories. Total time was 68 minutes, 289 calories, 4,828 steps.
I had a nice time with my ladies' group yesterday. We made some Christmas cards, played games, unwrapped a saran wrapped ball of odds and ends along with cash while the next person tosses dice till doubles show up, and did the gift open and ability to steal (dirty Santa except nice new gifts). I ordered stuff from Walmart today and they did not have 7 items and it was not a big order. I am going to have to go to the store tomorrow which is something that I do not want to do. I avoid the stores and particularly during this time of year.

Judy gob on the workout Sunday Peloton Full Body workout (20 minutes), 10 minutes of rowing and 45 minutes of Yin Yoga, Yesterday's Live #366, PHA Supersets, No Repeats, 10 minutes of rowing and a 30 minute Peloton Stretch. The drop sets workout was good, but between the two I think I pushed the shoulders a bit too much. Kelly uses 20# dumbbells for the overhead presses which was too much for me. 15's were too much. My shoulder was making cracking sounds for a while afterward.

Carolyn, nice work on yesterday's P30 Perfect Pump Upper Body and the Extended Stretch and today's Cardio Quick Fix number one. We have family Christmas at my daughter's this Sunday. My youngest granddaughter keeps an Amazon list as does my daughter in law which makes things easier. My older granddaughter's used to post things they liked on Pinterest and I would go there to pick up things. It was easier when I used to take them to and from school and watched them to pick things. The little boys are harder to buy for. I sweat they have loads of legos and game things. At least when I buy from Amazon I know which ones that I have purchased in the past so I don't buy the same one again.

Valerie, great job on the walk. You are doing great! Sorry about the salsa. I dropped a hot Pirex dish of casserole when I reached overhead to get it out of the microwave getting it with one arm. I had food all over the front of the cabinets and lower oven fronts. I jumped back when it was falling and managed not to get burnt. It was one of those problems I had when my husband was at work.

Cathy, I have pulled out those old school workouts only a few times. I find them hard to get into. Actually I remember one or two that I just never enjoyed a lot. Power Max was the first one I really stuck with for a while. Nice work on the mat yoga and adding something else for part of it. I have presents laid out on the table. I wish my husband had something on his wish list that I could get. Difficult picking something this year and I don't have much time. He buys what he wants for the most part. Other than large items.

not sure what to do today. raining as predicted so it's machines for me. I'm doing assorted curls with light weights. still not supposed to do anything serious so 5lbs. I do them sitting down which seems to eliminate any back involvement. I cant tell you how much I miss ab workouts and being able to bend and twist. hopefully only a couple weeks more.

diane sue sounds like you might have a microwave above the stove. we had that option. I'm too short to use that set up. I can't safely reach that high especially with hot liquids. builders like that set up for some reason but I refused it in both our houses. it takes away from potential cabinet space. we use a microwave a lot. I wanted it at a usable level. my SIL, about 4 inches shorter, has a combo one and might as well not have a microwave. I'm 5'2" not unusual for an older woman. I can just barely use it so vetoed a combo oven/microwave unit. spilling boiling liquids and pyrex dishes is a bad set up.
I would keep overhead weights to 10-12 lbs at most.

I felt bad about the salsa. tiny container and it splashed everywhere! plus it was good salsa.

i never bought any step workouts. wish I could do those but I cant.

I had a doctors appointment this morning so I didn’t get to work out. Just routine follow up with my primary care doctor. Tomorrow my husband has an appointment so will be another day with no workout.

Diane Sue, great job with CDorner step, Raw intervals, and CDorner stretch. Your Ladies group gathering sounds like fun. I’m trying to avoid actually shopping in stores too. I used to enjoy shopping, but now I hate it!

Valerie, I can only imagine how difficult it is to not be able to work out the way that you want. You are doing great with the recovery.

Hello to Judy and Cathy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.