Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 11/27/2022

no storm developed. good news! tried to do shopping. Went to home depot after checked online for stock on the item. after driving there.... not in stock. I swear, retail will not survive this. went back home and ordered thru amazon anyway since it was unclear if it would be available soon.
we TRY to keep our business local. especially for Lowes /HD, we are losing patience. again and again, they don't have what inventory shows, and forget calling the store. this is a bigger item about $1300. at least this is only 25 miles. (Judy not directed at you because you happen to work at HD) in general, the inventory stats are inaccurate. we went to this store because it showed inventory and others did not.

did half an hour on elliptical and barre workout.

This morning I did Low Impact Sweat workout one for 28 minutes and 157 calories burned. My average heart rate was 123 and maximum heart rate was 157.

Valerie, that’s very frustrating with Home Depot. I ordered a light fixture from Lowe‘s online to pick up in the store a few years ago and it was a disaster. The experience was terrible. They couldn’t find the item in the store after contacting me to say that it was in and it took a long time to sort it out. I will never try that again with Lowe’s.

Have a good day everyone.

carolyn terrible stories also! we ordered an area rug from HD a few years ago. that evolved into 50 phone calls and wasted trips to pick up a rug sent the wrong places, was in bozeman and then wasn't, and on and on. that was way back when, customer service answered the phone at HD. if this was occasional, I'd let it slide. but time after time! we debated about where to get a small generator, priced it at several places, checked availability. we've been thinking about it so this wasn't a sudden change in inventory. Lowes and HD are the worst.

Thursday I did a 1 hour Peloton ride, Friday I did 20 minutes of Peloton strength work and Saturday I did a 30 minute Peloton ride + Muscle Meltdown Triceps. Yesterday was a busy day at work and I got a lot of steps in. Today is an active rest day. I will be doing some stretching and foam rolling tonight.

Valerie-Great job with the elliptical and barre workout.
Home Depot does seem to have inventory issues, especially discrepancies between the app/website and actual store inventory. It seems to have gotten worse since the pandemic.
What generator are you looking at? We still haven't decided on one but hopefully we will get something soon.

Carolyn-Great job with Jane Adams Gentle Yoga Morning Energy practice and Low Impact Sweat workout one.

Hi to Cathy, Diane Sue & Lori

judy we didn't want to spend a huge amount. we ordered the Honda I think its 2200i. its small and portable and we could use it with our camper when traveling. will see how loud it is before we would do that. I want to keep fridge/ freezer running plus a little extra to run a light or two and charge the phone. the HD person told us it was under a recall but we could not find any information that backed that up. Lowes didn't carry it. we've never had a generator and didn't feel we wanted to spend the $$$$ for a "whole house" system. I dont know much about them yet. if this is too small we could sell it and upgrade to a larger one.

Saturday I did CDorner Fast Cardio Step Aerobics easy to follow with abs, 54 minutes, heart rate 119/162, 3,643 steps 240 calories. She did this with two of her friends. It was easy to keep moving and did not have moving around and over the front of the step. One did go over and back, but it was an option. I liked it. I followed this with Cathe Perfect Flow timesaver strength and flexibility stretch, 21 minutes, 82/99 heart rate, 39 calories,164 steps. 75 minutes total time, 279 calories, 3,807 steps. The abs on this were mostly lower ab moves. I opted out of holding head up off floor as it makes my neck hurt even if I support it. I wish Cathe held some stretches a little longer than she does. Although these are more of a flow she could still hold the stretches that are sprinkled towards the end long enough to do something. Todays was not a favorite premix. I like the combined on #2 that she does. Rest day today.

It was a busy day today. I did get in a quick workout though. I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Fit workout #1 boxing and lower body, followed by her Raw boxing finisher, 49 minutes, heart rate 131/159, 270 calories, 2,882 steps. I used 1# dumbbells for the boxing and 15's for the lower body moves. I had to call a plumber out and I also had some people coming out to spray our yard for pre-emergent weeds. Also trying to get some Christmas shopping done since we are doing the family one early. Hopefully tomorrow will be more relaxed and can get a decent workout in. I also feel like I keep trying to get the cold that my husband had last week. I don't want to do all of the wedding stuff feeling bad.

I didn’t get to work out this morning. We had some business to take care of and I didn’t have enough time beforehand. I really hate it when things interfere with a planned workout.

Judy, great job with the Peloton rides, Peloton Strength, and Muscle Meltdown Triceps. It sounds like things are very busy at work now.

Diane Sue, nice job with the CDORNER Step, Perfect Flow timesaver and KCM Cardio Fit. I hope that you don’t get sick during this busy time.

Hello to Valerie, Cathy, and Lori.

we skied a little this morning. about 35 minutes. drove to a road we use in winter. traffic over the weekend put in some ruts. we skied about half an hour. not enough snow yet. we learned the road didn't need the clean up we expected to do. went enough to make sure gear all worked OK. I will do something else today for sure.

Finally back home. Shorter drive yesterday. Ended up staying in Springfield, MO. Since there was no way, I was going back through Dallas, I went north into Oklahoma and then headed east. Spent a LOT of time driving in OK. LOL Going across was very rural, little traffic and nice drive. Going north was through a lot of small towns, but I'm fine with that over jam packed highways. Waited until it was getting light this morning and the time change wasn't in my favor so that left me driving the last hour and a half in the dark. While I've never driven it in the dark, I've driven it enough times to be comfortable with it. The worst part is from town to our house as it's a gauntlet with the deer this time of year. LOL Got gas in town. Pulled into the gas station with a range of 30 miles left. Normally, I wouldn't do that, but I really didn't want to stop sooner.

Enjoyed my time with Nick, but if I ever do that again, I'd rather have someone with me to help navigate and take a turn driving.

Time to chill now.

Today I did CDorner Cardio Step Kickboxing, 45 minutes, heartrate 133/165, 240 calories, 4,855 steps. I finished with her Core Mobility Stretch from today, 32 minutes, heart rate 79/95, 51 calories, 108 steps. Total time 77 minutes, 291 calories, 4,963 steps. I liked the core mobility workout. I was a bit worried that it would be lots of standing balances and tough plank work. There is plank work and stuff, but it flowed well and she offers variations on moves.

Valerie, I don't know a lot about generators. Ours is quite a few years old, Generac. I just remember it mainly kept the refrigerator running which is what I needed at the time. My son had to drag it from our storage building to the patio to set it up for me. As far as noise, it was pretty loud. Maybe they are better now? Is the one you ordered solar? We were having our wood flooring and had to go back for more. We paid for it and they put it out on a pallet till my grandson could go pick it up with his truck. In between some of it disappeared and we did not get all of what we had purchased. Needless to say my husband talked to management and they managed to find some at another store and get it in for us. It would have been a mess after starting on the floor and not having enough. We also ordered tin ceiling tiles through them and it said it would arrive in two days and it ended up taking 3 weeks to get it. Where we are now is closest to a Lowes so that is where we shop most of the time.

Judy, I think a lot of shopping has gotten worse since the pandemic. Many places have been short on things that are in their sales ads. They end up ordering and you wait for a long time because they are not in stock. Nice job on your workouts.

Carolyn, nice work on Low Impact Sweat workout #1 yesterday. Sorry that you had business today that kept you from working out. I keep having that happen to me lately.

Cathy, I do not like driving in the dark at all. It gets dark so early now. There are lots of small towns and open areas across Oklahoma. When we lived 100 miles (I guess it is further than that now since we moved south further) Traffic was not bad on I 35 coming down to Oklahoma City. I never drove it on a weekend though. Once you get close to Oklahoma City it gets heavier. I used to turn off before I hit the city areas and go to my daughter that lives outside the busy areas. It was a lot of driving up and down hilly wooded area. I would stop at her house first and stay there the last day so I could get up mid-morning to head back home. I don
t think that I would want to make that trip you made on my own either.

Last edited:
Just finished the first workout in STS Meso 1. Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. I affectionately refer to Meso 1 as "pushups from hell" LOL Have to rewrap my brain around the fast pace and look things over ahead of time with an eye towards transitions. After doing that, I'm pretty sure it was a good idea to do this before STS 2.0 as I clearly haven't been lifting heavy.

Diane Sue great job with Cardio Step Kickboxing and Mobility Stretch. I only went north to Marietta and then headed east. I was trying to avoid the bigger cities the first day and pretty much succeeded. I was surprised at how light traffic was around St. Louis, but ugh on Indy, it's such a long way around and even at a random time of day heavy traffic moving 15-20 mph over the speed limit. I didn't mind the speed, as the actual speed limit was 55 which meant most traffic was moving at 70 and occasionally a bit more but I can do without heavy traffic and I hit Fort Wayne and it's 6 entrance ramps at rush hour.

Now I'll be spending the day finishing unpacking, cleaning up some areas of the house DH neglected, and figuring out the best way to deal with my car which needs it's 75,000 mile service and decided to tank it's oil percentage last night when I was 5 miles from home. Ugh

Generators are quieter now than in the past. I dont expect it will be unnoticeable. solar in the PNF in winter would not be a good choice. it should be here today so we will soon learn. its small enough to fit in an opening in our camper. I dont like people running generators camping. usually there are hours they can be used. mainly I want fridge /freezer running when we have several day power outs. I can deal with other things but not being able to open either and still having things spoil is a bummer. we used to get faster service getting powered back up but the PUD has more spread out customers now so it takes longer.

Its what I dislike about standard time, early evening darkness. somehow early morning darkness is easier to deal with. there's a lot of difference in light levels on highways. Montana is dark. they don't use the reflective paint, side posts, and overhead lighting that Washington uses. they also get more snow and slush and the spray covers up the reflective surfaces. roads are WAY busier in Washington. WA uses the "below surface" reflective lane dividers. Montana does not. they are more expensive but traffic is heavier and 1000x times more frantic in WA. nighttime driving is easier in WA than in MT. the sheer volume of cars illuminates roads in WA better. depending on season, MT has a whole lot more wildlife crossing the highways too. much bigger hazard there. WA is not without risks but MT is worse. mt has an 80 mph speed limit. since a lot of people drive over the speed limit, it can get crazy but much less traffic too. we leave early or later as needed to try and avoid commute times. not always successful!

really too bad your DH wont go with you. so much easier with two possible drivers or a passenger dedicated to keep the driver happy. we get sirus on most of the drive but for traffic issues and checking road conditions etc its better to have one look while the other drives.

I ended up with 30 on the elliptical and therapy work yesterday.

today was therapy, core from X train and a small part of stacked upper body. I am being very careful with my shoulder and want to know if its going to get sore or act weird. I never could figure out what caused the problem.

Last edited:
Today I did KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix workout one for 26 minutes and 175 calories burned. My average heart rate was 129 and maximum heart rate was 156.

Cathy, I’m so glad that you made it home safely. I don’t blame you for not wanting to make the drive alone again. I probably wouldn’t have done it alone at all. Great job with starting STS Meso 1.

Diane Sue, great job with CDorner Step Kickboxing and Core Mobility Stretch.

Valerie, both my daughter and my neighbor have Generac generators.

Waving hello to Judy. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Today I did P30 Perfect Pump Upper Body. My time was 35 minutes with 173 calories burned. My average heart rate was 220 and maximum heart rate was 164.

Have a great day everyone.

No workout today because I shopped, but WOW am I sore from yesterday. Especially pecs and delts, but also some tricep which isn't a plus since tomorrow is back and triceps. LOL Looked out while I was having breakfast this morning and there were two deer in the yard, at one point they were right outside Derek's window. I do hope they keep coming around. They were in the area where the apple trees are, but also were eating grass which is still very green here.

Valerie I really don't want DH going with me! He doesn't travel well within Michigan, I don't need to deal with traffic and him, and I would rather drive than ride with him! LOL Derek is the perfect companion and navigator. I agree I'd rather drive in the dark in the morning that at night. I think for me it's because I know it's going to start getting light at some point. I do prefer to be somewhere at least somewhat familiar when I do it though. Nice job with the elliptical, core, upper body and therapy.

Carolyn great job with Cardio Quick Fix and P30 Perfect Pump Upper Body.

Hi to all!

Cathy at this point he's( DH) probably not "trainable". too bad. long drives are better with company. I used to drive by myself all the time, and it was fine but I didn't try to do 12 hours at a stretch. I think for us, driving in the dark is usually going to MT. the last parts of the trip are not well lit. there is the deer/elk on the road issue. I am 100% on patrol deer watcher the last part of the trip. its darker In MT than in western WA. when we drive back to WA the dark times are in well lit up highways , reflectors everywhere and overhead lighting with lots of traffic so its not dark. stressful but not like Montana, where the last 90 minutes are very dark and not very busy with traffic. worst fear is hitting an elk, deer, or moose on the little back road to our house. you would think they'd run away from the road but often the opposite. we've had near misses where they ran right in front of us from behind or the side.

I got sore from yesterday too even though I did very little. its been 2 months since I did an upper body workout so I am easing back in slowly.

Tuesday I did 55 minutes of Peloton rides after work. Yesterday I did a 45 minute Peloton ride and 10 minutes of Peloton arms. Today I did Live #28, High Reps-Total Body and a 20 minute Peloton ride.

Valerie-Nice job with the skiing and elliptical. We decided on a small Champion inverter generator. We ordered it from HD and it should be in this week. It will be enough to run our refrigerator and a few other things. Hopefully we won't need it but it's nice to have if we do.

Diane Sue-Great job with CDorner Fast Cardio Step Aerobics, Perfect Flow timesaver strength and flexibility stretch, Cardio Fit workout #1 boxing and lower body, Raw boxing finisher, CDorner Cardio Step Kickboxing and Core Mobility Stretch. Nice work! Generac is a good brand. We have a friend that has a whole house generac and it's worked very well for them.

Carolyn-Great job with KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix workout one and P30 Perfect Pump Upper Body. I agree about hating it when things interfere with planned workouts.

Cathy-Great job with starting STS Meso 1. I really need to refocus on heavier weights too. I want to be ready for STS 2.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.