Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 10/13

Traildoggie

Cathlete
Good morning. did the long drive yesterday and all went well. still 10 hrs 45 min. one section of road was pretty nasty with ice and several crashes but most was bare and dry. there will probably be more snow next weekend. things went from summer to winter abruptly.

we be able to won't stay long this time, so will head out and do something this morning rather than lounge around, which is what we really feel like.
Deb my cousins who have a wire haired terrier just got a new puppy. their last dog was a rescue that titnt go well at all, and resulted in needing to have the dog put down. this new pully is just adorable and getting into everything but hopefully will be a better experience.

Good Afternoon. This is my rest day, so no workout to report. We finally have fall weather and I’m really enjoying it! I’m making “comfort food” for dinner—chicken pot pie. It’s not the pot pie of my childhood, instead it’s a much better version. The vegetables are butternut squash and a variety of mushrooms and the crust is puff pastry. We really love this dish.

Valerie, I’m glad that your trip was uneventful. I wondered how the weather would be for you.

Waving a big hello to everyone and have a wonderful day.

Good morning,

Today is our anniversary, 35 years! :). We had a nice dinner out last night.

Diane Sue, it sounds like you are doing a great job with keeping correct posture. I didn't think about the brace possibly hurting your shoulder.

Valerie, same as what you did, I think my heavy purses over the years have made my one arm hang longer than the other. A chiropractor showed me that in a mirror. It is a big difference. A new puppy! That is great. I like the name Molly too! Terriers can be difficult and need a formal training program from day 1!

Carolyn, have a nice rest day. That Pot Pie sounds delicious!

Hi to Lori & Judy,

Take care,

Valerie, I hope the weather does not get too bad while you are there. So that you can enjoy yourself.

Carolyn, chicken pot pie sounds good. I bet your with the puff pastry is yummy.

Deb, happy anniversary ! From watching Chiropractic videos, it seems they can straighten some things out.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Raw 5 day strength stretch day. I think it is number 4. It does 3 different days of two body parts a day then a stretch followed by last day total body. I also did some PT exercises.

This morning I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong and have fun step and stride, 32 minutes, 207 calories, heart rate average 138, max 159, 3,201 steps. I did well so decided to go longer and did Jessica Smith Walk Strong and have fun steady ready go, 32 minutes, 196 calories, heart rate average 136, max 165, 2,995 steps.
Total time 64 minutes, 395 calories, 6,196 steps. I go to Physical Therapy this afternoon. I need to head out and take a cake to my church for the conference they are hosting.

Debbie, good work on I Tread workout.

This morning I did Slide and Glide for 41 minutes and 245 calories burned. My average heart rate was 122 and maximum heart rate was 151. I can’t believe that I did this workout today, but I decided to give it another chance. It was actually better than I remember. Now that I am accustomed to the gliding discs they don’t feel as awkward to me. I skipped the last few moves because I was running out of time.

Deb, happy anniversary! I’m glad that you had an enjoyable evening out.

Diane Sue, nice job with the JS cardio today.

Hello to Valerie, Judy, and Lori.

deb congrats and happy anniversary. wow, bunch of typos in my first post. a pully? thought I said puppy but I guess not. auto correct just changed wow to woe but I changed it back.

went into the park today and saw lots of critters. tons of pronghorns, bison, elk. did a short hike, hour and 15 min. just OK, ran out of trail. sort of dead ended after being not clear to begin with. will try something else tomorrow. some snow limited some of the higher steeper trails.

Good morning,

Yesterday I did 10,584 steps, this morning I did ICE Chiseled Upper Body, 41 minutes, 188 calories

Diane Sue, those JS workouts are working out nicely for you.

Carolyn, funny how we get into a "mindset" about a certain workout, and then when we do it again, we don't feel the same way about it.

Valerie, sounds like a nice hike, even though it was short. How is the weather there? Does it look like it may start snowing soon?

Hi to Lori & Judy,

Take care,

Today I did most of ICE Metabolic Total Body. My time was 40 minutes with 258 calories burned. Average heart rate was 128 and maximum heart rate was 163. I had to cut it short because I had an appointment for my annual physical. Everything looks good and my numbers were great. My cholesterol was up slightly last time, but was back in the normal range this time. After considering the changes I had made in my diet before the increase, I did a little tweaking. I cut out the full fat yogurt, am eating fewer whole eggs, and went back to my oatmeal for breakfast several mornings a week. I’m happy with the progress.

Deb, that’s exactly what I did with Slide and Glide and Turbo Barre when I first did them. I had a very negative impression of both workouts. I’ve changed my mind after trying them again and will add them in occasionally in the future.

Hello to Valerie, Diane Sue, Judy, and Lori. Have a great day everyone.

did a hike this morning. its cold at night here, was 23 this morning when we left, but warms up to 50-60 during the day, and sunny . pleasant. the hike was a couple miles, gentle uphill. the higher stuff has snow from a week ago and its slippery and icy so not a good place. fresh snow is Ok but old snow gets treacherous. most critters are down lower. we saw pronghorns and elk today, but the big find was a huge herd of bighorn sheep. males and females start hanging together this time of year before the rut. it was at least 50 with about 10 big males sitting together while females and youngsters spread all over. . we sat down and they gradually worked their way over closer until some were only 20 feet away. park animals are not too wary of people if you sit quietly. we thought they might come closer but decided that was close enough and left. this was a nice view spot too.
workout first impressions tend to stick with me. if there is anything dance-y or fancy footwork that kills it for me. I wont go back to it. also no jumping especially where legs move out and back like snow angels. short vertical jumps are OK but nothing high risk . one bad landing could be disastrous so not worth risk. If I have to modify too much I lose interest. enough good workouts I can do without changing half of it. I liked the gliding disks and use them happily.

Hello ladies, haven't been here in a long time. Many difficult changes in my life the last few years. But, I continue to workout. I did X_Train HiiT today, and added the 100 Scarecrows. OUCH! Those are great. Is there a thread that suggests any other 100's? I do not have the entire set of X_train. I cannot do Cathe all the time. My body can't handle the intensity anymore. I did like the Scarecrows though and would like to add a 100 to my workout daily. Thanks, Cathy

did a hike this morning. its cold at night here, was 23 this morning when we left, but warms up to 50-60 during the day, and sunny . pleasant. the hike was a couple miles, gentle uphill. the higher stuff has snow from a week ago and its slippery and icy so not a good place. fresh snow is Ok but old snow gets treacherous. most critters are down lower. we saw pronghorns and elk today, but the big find was a huge herd of bighorn sheep. males and females start hanging together this time of year before the rut. it was at least 50 with about 10 big males sitting together while females and youngsters spread all over. . we sat down and they gradually worked their way over closer until some were only 20 feet away. park animals are not too wary of people if you sit quietly. we thought they might come closer but decided that was close enough and left. this was a nice view spot too.
workout first impressions tend to stick with me. if there is anything dance-y or fancy footwork that kills it for me. I wont go back to it. also no jumping especially where legs move out and back like snow angels. short vertical jumps are OK but nothing high risk . one bad landing could be disastrous so not worth risk. If I have to modify too much I lose interest. enough good workouts I can do without changing half of it. I liked the gliding disks and use them happily.
WOW! It is still in the 90's here in Texas. AC is still on. Way too hot for October. We have no fall here. It stinks.

Today I did my PT exercises for 30 minutes, 66 calories, Ice to the Mat 50 minutes, 221 calories, and Jane Adams Yoga 7 practices for your day relief from desk work, 15 minutes, 33 calories. Total time 95 minutes. I wrote out all of the exercises they are putting me through right now at PT so I can remember. So many changes.
I did have to alter a couple of the moves in To the Mat as those side planks and other plank moves were too much. For plank step in step outs with the loop, I just did firewalkers. I am working off of my arms more with PT, but I am not pushing my limits and paying for it.

Hi Drover. I know there was weighted bridges with a barbell across the lap on one of those 100's. I cannot remember all of them. I wonder if they list them in the Workout Manager?

Carolyn, I have found the slide and glide much easier after the years of using them too. They are not like doing something completely foreign :) Nice work today as well. That is great that your cholesterol is down.

Deb, I got in 9,000 steps yesterday which has not happened in a long time :D I am hoping I can continue some of that.

Valerie, I do find those flying angel jacks hurt my knees when I land. I used to do them all of the time. I imagine the animals are somewhat used to seeing humans around the park.

Sunday I did Jessica Smith 10 Minute Quick Walk Mix-Strength and Stretch Premix, about 40 minutes long and yesterday I did a 45 minute Peloton Ride. Today was a rest day. I'm off work for the rest of the week, and it feels so good to be away from HD.

Deb-Great job with the steps and with ICE Chiseled Upper Body!

Carolyn-Awesome that your cholesterol went down!

Diane Sue-Nice job with To The Mat! That yoga practice sounds good. I might have to try it.

Cathy-Welcome back!

Hi to Lori!

Hi,

No regular workout today, but did do 9981 steps yesterday....( I know, I know, I should have marched around the house for those last 19 steps!)

Carolyn, great results with your annual physical and getting those numbers back to where you wanted them.

Valerie, nice hike and seeing those wild animals has to be really worth it! Cathe has those Bear Crawls in the workout I did yesterday, and I modified as best I could, then just stopped and waited for the crew to finish. Hate those!

Cathy, nice to have you drop in! :)

Diane Sue, good job on the steps and PT and smart to log all of the exercises so you can review and make notes on what seems to help and what may not. I had a lot too, and they told me to split them up, do half one day, and the other half the next. Doing all in one day was not a good idea.

Judy, so nice that you have some time off! When does your "true" part time schedule start?

Hi to Lori.

Take care,

Today I did Cardio Supersets for 41 minutes and 266 calories burned. My average heart rate was 126 and maximum heart rate was 157. I had a bone density test today. I am finally finished with my medical appointments for a while.

Drover, welcome back. I love Cathe’s workouts, but I modify when necessary and add in other trainers occasionally.

Valerie, I modify snow angels by keeping one foot on the floor. It’s the modification that Amanda does in a few of the workouts.

Judy, I’m glad that you have a few days off. Nice job with your workouts.

Hello to Diane Sue and Lori.

I just make small vertical jumps. usually if there are snow angels, there are other "jumpy" moves too. I always had trouble with those so I do something and move on.

good hike this morning, about 3.5 hours. went downhill first, so back out was uphill. the snow on this one was pounded into frozen mud and ice. sloppy and messy, but beautiful and warm and sunny. weather will not hold this way. we plan on coming back this weekend or maybe even Friday. I have another trip ina week and need some time to get organized. good weather like this makes critters much harder to see. we saw more bighorns , elk, and pronghorns.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.