Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 1/22/2023

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Step Boxing, 28 minutes, heart rate 120/145, 132 calories, I then did CDorner Relaxing Flow Mobility//Bonus neck and upper back and added some foam rolling to back, 39 minutes, 57 calories, heart rate 77/107. Total time was 67 minutes, 189 calories, 3,041 steps. I did not sleep well last night because my upper back, neck, and shoulder was really hurting. I got up and took some Advil and then got up again at 3 am and took a sleep gummy. It is better today. I will be glad when my stuff comes tomorrow. I hate taking Advil.

Cathy, I do portions of workouts often when I do not realize what I am in for. Lately I have forwarding through workouts that I have not done before I decide to do them. I looked through CDorner's Step and strength and decided it was a no for now. She did it on the same day as the legs that I did and she did say if you did the lower body you might just want to do the step work. I saw that she did side step up with overhead press and I think I will wait. Also one she calls the wheel. They spin the wheel and do the moves it stops on and I saw them down on the floor and that was a no as well. I went on and did one that I know.
Our schools are always out in May and start back in August. I am not sure how many "snow days" they are allowed.

Carolyn, nice work on LIS lower body tri-sets express.

Last edited:
Yesterday I did Ramped Up Upper Body and finished with RHW Bonus Abs 1. Today I did an hour of Peloton scenic rides and a 20 minute Peloton Legs & Glutes workout. We got about 7 inches of snow yesterday and there is snow in the forecast for the next several days.

Diane Sue-Great job with the CDorner workouts and Raw Step Boxing. I'm sorry about your upper body pain. I don't like taking Advil either.

Cathy-Great job with Bun Burners Barre and Ball, Gloved Up and Ready and the extended stretch. I was just looking at the Barre and Ball one today. I have it on my to do list.

Carolyn-Great job with JS 30 Minute Fat Blaster, LIS Lower Body Trisets express and Jane Adams Evening Practice. I also preview workouts and like to know what's coming next. I love Cathe's series guides and always have them nearby and also have them on my phone and ipad. I have worksheets for most of my workouts too.

Valerie-I'm glad your doctor appointment went well and I hope the CT scan will go well too.

so all my medical adventures have shown that I suffer from "old peoples joints" due to osteoarthritis. no specific rotator cuff tear to blame it on. joint deterioration, joint space narrowing. so we will try to help it along with steroid injection next week. kind of like my knee that was helped with injection therapy and that my back will get soon too. Sigh. nothing much to do but keep moving and don't do things that hurt. this is depressing. I will sort thru the upper body workouts and skip moves that irritate. push ups have always been dicey as are over head presses so I will experiment. I can also do PT for the shoulder. most discomfort is where it has been previously. I tend to hike the right shoulder upward and cause some of my own problem.

all that snow sounds dismal. its fun the first few times but by the end of january I am getting into spring mode and start garden plans. we have had mild wet weather, but colder this weekend. we are getting a landscaping project done right now. using equipment the crew can get it done in several days,. it would take DH and I all summer. we had another old 30 yr wooden wall that was rotting being replaced with stone blocks. will improve the area in front of our garage and parking.

This morning I really wanted to do Step Sync, but 3 minutes into the warm up I knew that my knee wasn’t going to allow that. I switched to Cardio Quick Fix, workout one. That was 26 minutes and 181 calories burned. My average heart rate was 130 and maximum heart rate was 161. My knee doesn’t actually hurt, but it’s very sensitive to certain moves.

Diane Sue, great job with Coffeyfit Raw Step Boxing and CDORNER Mobility. I’m sorry that you are having so much pain. I understand not wanting to take Advil. It raises my blood pressure so I stick with Tylenol if I must take a pain reliever. Hopefully your supplement will arrive soon.

Judy, nice job with Ramped Up Upper Body, Peloton ride, and Peloton Legs and Glutes. I saw that you are in for more snow.

Valerie, it’s good to know what’s going on with your body, even if it’s part of aging. I can relate to what you’re going through. As you said, just keep moving.

Hello to Cathy. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Today I turned off the pulse ox on my watch to save the battery and it read my heart rate and steps higher than usual. That was odd. I usually have it on all of the time because the info is supposed to be more accurate when sleeping with it on. I did CDorner All Standing Low Impact high intensity cardio workout, 50 minutes, heart rate 134/185, 5,949 steps, 250 calories. I also did Raw Abs finisher standing portion only, 9 minutes, 29 calories, heart rate 97/110, 342 steps and Raw Athletic Stretch 2, 29 minutes, 36 calories, heart rate 71/96,115 steps. Total time 97 minutes, 315 calories, 6,406 steps. I have done this workout before, and it is saved on my watch list. Chris stays with the low impact and says you can add some jacks and hops if you want to.
I was still hurting this morning so decided to wait on another weight workout. I got the Ultra Cur Advanced curcumin and took one this afternoon and most of the upper back and neck has stopped hurting. The toes still ache though, and I will take another capsule tonight.

Yesterday I did 85 minutes of Peloton scenic rides. I did a very easy pace so it was more of a recovery workout. I went to the chiropractor for a much needed adjustment and am planning on making today a rest/active recovery day. I'm really looking forward to STS 2.0 after seeing the clips this week.

Valerie-I can also relate to what you are going through. I haven't seen a doctor about it yet but I'm sure that I am dealing with some osteoarthritis. I agree, it is depressing. I probably should go in and see about getting a steroid injection for my shoulder too.

Carolyn-Great job with Cardio Quick Fix. It's good that you switched from Step Sync. I have to be careful with my knee too.

Diane Sue- CDorner All Standing Low Impact high intensity cardio and Raw Abs finisher and stretch. That's great that the curcurmin works so quickly. We take the Qunol brand and it really does seem to help. It took me a while to get used it as it was bothering my stomach a little.

Hi to Cathy

family history on my mothers side is strong for bad osteo. hands, feet, back, shoulders knees, pretty much everywhere. I've taken a low dose of anti inflammatory medicine on and off for a long time. my family had problems in their 40's but none of them ever "did" anything, just sat on their fat butts and ate cake. I realize it will get harder to keep active but I will be 75 in march, so I will just "keep on keeping on" to the degree I can, as long as I can. its good I can probably get some relief from targeted cortisone injections and I'm glad I can get it accomplished pretty quickly. shoulder is next week.
ETA forget exactly what day my carpal surgery was, but 3 weeks since. supposed to wait 4 but rode the mt bike this morning. not as much wrist pressure as a road bike. half an hour around our community. paved but hilly. a good place to do a limited ride. 4 miles or so. it went fine. going to xc ski tomorrow will wear a wrist splint and a mitten and be cautious. uphill is fine, downhill is more risky. falling or jamming it. I need to feel like I can do something.

Last edited:
Just finished Kick, Box and Bags. I really liked that one! When I woke up this morning, I checked the link I had to the STS equipment page, which was still empty last time I checked yesterday and the new stuff was there. I ordered the bars. With the 20% off, it made the shipping less than a dollar! :D They were a bit more than I was hoping they'd be, but I'd set aside enough money. I have some other ideas for how to use them in addition to what they are doing in STS 2.0.

Carolyn nice job with LIS Lower Body Trisets express, and Cardio Quick Fix. I've always been really bad about previewing things. Even when I get brand new videos at best, I'll skim through them. I just don't have the patience to do more. LOL

Valerie at least you know what you are dealing with, but it would be a very hard thing to mentally adjust to. The last few days have been more typical of January for us. We are supposed to get 4-8" tomorrow. Hoping DH hasn't seen that yet. He lives in denial of Michigan winter reality even though he's lived here for 63 years. LOL

Diane Sue great job with Fit Raw Step Boxing, mobility and foam rolling, and All Standing Low Impact high intensity cardio, abs and stretch. Some parts of Michigan get so much snow that without built in allowances for snow days they would always have very long school years. They are allowed 6, but can petition for three more. It's not just snow days, but any day the school is forced to close due to something they can't control.

Judy nice job with Ramped Up Upper Body, abs and the Peloton rides. You got a couple more inches of snow than we did out of that system. The Bun Burners Barre and Ball is a really good workout. It doesn't always seem like it at the time, but the next day, you realize that yes, it really did work! I'm looking forward to seeing more clips from STS 2.0, too! It sounds like there will be a lot more versatility to it than the original.

Today is a rest day for me. I’m trying to get some housework done that I’ve been neglecting.

Diane Sue, great job with CDorner Low Impact All Standing Cardio, Raw Abs finisher and Raw Athletic stretch. I’m glad that your curcumin arrived.

Judy, great job with the Peloton Scenic rides. I’m getting excited about STS 2.0 too. I’m really glad that Cathe is including modifications for different equipment and abilities.

Cathy, great job with Kick, Box, and Bags. Cathe has so much new equipment. That’s wonderful that you got a good price on the bars.

Valerie, you sound like you are recovering well from the surgery. That’s great that you were able to ride some today.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Today I am feeling pretty good so I did CDorner Step Aerobics with weights, 40:54 minutes, heart rate 114/152, 168 calories, 2,014 steps. This was 3 minute cardio segments which she said could be done off or on the step (she used 2 risers and I used 1) Then the weight segments are a couple of moves doing upper and lower or option just do the upper. I did as is, but a little lower weights as Chris uses 12,10, and 8 # I used 5# dbs for the overhead press/squat. I did not write it down as I needed to get ready to go watch my 8 year old grandson play basketball.

Today I did 45 minutes of yoga & foam rolling. We did some grocery shopping and I've been getting caught up on chores at home.

Valerie-Nice that you got a ride in today. You are doing so great with staying active.

Cathy-Great job with Kick, Box & Bags. Nice that you got the STS Bars! They look good but I'm really limited on space. If I didn't already have the Fit Tower I would probably get them. We aren't getting as much snow this week but it's going to be very cold.

Carolyn-I hope you had a good rest day. I'm glad that Cathe is including modifications in STS 2.0 too. I have a feeling I will use this series more than I have the first STS. Or maybe it will motivate me to go back and do the first one again.

Diane Sue-Great job with CDorner Step Aerobics with weights. I hope you had a good time at your grandson's basketball game.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.