Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 1/21/2024

This morning I did P30 Low Impact HiiT for 31 minutes and 180 calories burned. My average heart rate was 123 and maximum heart rate was 150. I went to the grocery store this morning before the rain started again. We had a few dry hours and I took advantage to get the things that we needed from the store.

Judy, great job with the Peloton ride, Yin Yoga, rowing, and Peloton strength and core.

Valerie, nice job with spinning and therapy exercises. It’s smart to break them up into shorter sessions.

Hello to Cathy and Diane Sue. Have a nice day everyone.

My knees have been achy and my left knee is swollen so I decided to just do upper body today and a stretch. No workout yesterday. I did Raw Shoulders 22 minutes and Arms 20 minutes combined was 42 minutes, 203 calories, heart rate 123/146. I then finished with CDorner Day 8 14 minute full body stretch after workout day, 21 minutes. Total time was 56 minutes, 224 calories.

Realized last night that I hadn't posted the last two days. Shopped Thursday, Friday I did Live Cardio Challenge Express. Wow. I like it, but challenge is definitely right. A group of exercises repeated twice and it's not hiit, so breaks are not long. Uses a stability ball and 3 lb weights. Added it to my favorites. Then this morning I did STS Disk 18 which is back and biceps. I will admit to whining through the biceps. LOL I checked the calendar and depending on when Derek and I leave for Fort Worth, I may have to shorten up the last week and a half of STS. Since this Meso alternates upper body, legs, upper boy, I can put some of them back to back. After my workout yesterday, I took a quick shower and headed towards my parents with a stop for a tire rotation on the way. Had an adventure at Valvoline on Thursday. Got a Fuel System thing done. Was definitely interesting. At one point I had to keep the gas at 2000 rpms for a minute off, minute on for what felt like 8-10 times. When I left they said there might be some white smoke and my check engine light would stay on for about 50 miles. Okay. So, I left, pulled out on the road, this is a main road though thankfully not the most congested and it was pretty clear. As soon as I tried to pull out, a bunch of lights came on and it was moving slowly and jerkily. So, as I was already out, I stayed in the turn lane and went into the next drive on that side, slowly turned around and got back on the road, flashers on. Pulled in their drive and had to go around the building. Both bays were full, but the guy came right out to see what was wrong. He checked under the hood, had me rev it up again, a bunch of white smoke came out. I then turned the car on and off and the lights went out. Told him I'd drive around the building a couple times before leaving. That time it worked fine. The car is now running much smoother, I hadn't even realized that it has gotten a bit rough, and after I got the tire rotation, the check engine light was off. But, I could have done without that experience! LOL

Valerie I'm glad you got clarification on your PT exercises. Very nice that your weather has allowed you to ride again. It's good that you try to help your sister, but that has to be so over the top frustrating.

Judy great job with the Peloton workouts and Yoga. We had a couple days of really nasty fog here, too. Most of our snow is gone now though what with the rain and warmer temps.

Carolyn nice job with Killer Legs timesaver and the STS Stretch and P30 Low Impact HiiT. I'm glad you like it, I always found it too repetitive in parts. I did always want Cathe's top from that one though. :D

Diane Sue nice job with Raw Shoulders and Arms, and the full body stretch. Sorry to hear about your knee. I hope it's better today.

Yesterday we did our park walk for 1 hr 20 minutes. went in for annual physical and that went ok. did therapy work later although not as completely as usual, probably about 90%. did not get in the grocery stop yesterday so that is this morning. saturday morning is now the least busy time to shop.
we are in a warm and very wet pattern for almost a week. not sure if a ride will work, have to see if we hit a dry spell when we can work it in. even if its not raining, the roads are muddy and puddled. pavement isn't bad. might end up being the best option.
spent a long time trying to sort out a gift card I bought for cousins birthday and did not get to him. no clue why but it didnt get to his email, but it didnt. then DH decided it was somehow my fault and that we'd paid twice with the replacement gift card, but I hadnt. it all worked out but interfered with late afternoon duties because it got me pretty riled up about things I was blamed for doing wrong when I had not.
Wow cathy whenever the check engine light goes on I get totally stressed! it can mean absolutely nothing important, all the way to "your engine will blow up in T minus 5 minutes!"
sorry about the knees. mine are bothering me a lot lately too. get one thing fixed and something else goes south.

Last edited:
Today is my rest day.

Diane Sue, I’m sorry that your knees are bothering you. Nice job with Raw Shoulders and Arms and CDorner stretch.

Cathy, great job with Live Cardio Challenge and STS disc 18. I’m glad that your car issue didn’t become something big. Still, you never need that kind of aggravation.

Valerie, nice job with the park walk and therapy exercises. We have had unusually warm weather for January the last few days. Today it’s raining heavily with the possibility of more severe weather. Not a pleasant day at all.

Waving hello to Judy.

Today I did CDorner Fat Blasting Cardio mix skipping the Hiit segment, 37 minutes, 230 calories, heart rate 144/173, 3,129 steps. I did the low impact options. I then did Raw Back, 23 minutes, 80 calories, heart rate 105/127. Finished off with Raw stretch flow 20 minutes, 31 calories. Total time was 80 minutes, 341 calories.
My knees both hurt last night and it was hard to sleep, and I took some Advil and went back to sleep for a while. Once I was up and moving, they felt much better. I think some of the moves I tried to do with the Strong and Slow for better movement along with lower body just was too much. I should not have pushed the uncomfortable moves.

Cathy, nice work on the Cathe Live Cardio Challenge Express and STS Disc 16 back and biceps. Your experience with the Valvoline place would sure cause some anxiety. I am glad it worked out for you.

Valerie, nice work on the PT. I really dislike things getting messed up and having to try get it all figured out. I have had a lot of that lately. I do not usually have a problem with the right knee though. Last night it was both. I am pretty sure that mobility stretch spurred it on. I went back to see what all I did. the stretch had moves that you would get up into a yogi squat from lying on the floor without using hands, and difficult stuff. It was done slowly and built into it, but my knees are off and just cannot get all the way into some of that stuff. Not the instructor's fault as she says try, but if it is not for you don't do it or stop at some other point.

Carolyn, nice work yesterday on P30 Low Impact Hiit. I hope that you had a nice rest day today.

Hi to Judy.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.