Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 09/18/2022

I just finished Long and Sculpted Legs. I really liked this one. No weights! First section is gliding device, then no equipment, then barre and finishing with stability ball. Not easy, but I really like leg workouts without weights. Some potential rain in the forecast for my trip to the UP next week and it's definitely not going to be warm, but that's very typical of this time of year. Color should be good especially if I can get some stretches of sun.We are pretty warm here through Wednesday and then day and night temps take a noticeable drop. Going to get in the low 40's at night!

Judy, thanks for getting us started this week. This morning I did 20 minutes of yoga.

Cathy, great job with 21 and Done and Long and Sculpted Legs. That’s great that you were able to get a full nights sleep. I hope that you have decent weather for your trip.

Hello to Valerie and Diane Sue.

Just finished Cardio Kickboxing and Core. I hadn't don't that one before and it has a fair amount of variety and the core uses the yoga ball which I like.

Carolyn nice job with the yoga. Looking at the forecast, I just hope the rain is sporadic as there's rain predicted every day, and it's going to be cloudy. But, I'd still rather be up there. :)

This morning I did P30 Low Impact HiiT and the Extended Stretch. That was 36 and 227 calories burned. My average heart rate was 127 and maximum heart rate was 146.

Cathy, great job with Cardio Kickboxing and Core. I like core exercises using the stability ball too.

Hello to Judy, Diane Sue, and Valerie. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Yesterday was a rest day for me, I did about an hour of yin yoga. Today I did a 1 hour Peloton ride.

Carolyn-Great job with the yoga and P30 Low Impact HiiT and the Extended Stretch.

Cathy-Great job with Long and Sculpted Legs and Cardio Kickboxing and Core. I saw the STS 2.0 update. I'm glad they can start filming soon.

Hi to Valerie & Diane Sue

I wanted to do some stretching yesterday before family arrived, but only got in 5 minutes of Jane Adam desk yoga with a chair. I started getting texts and found my daughter was stopping at the store and on her way, so I stopped.
Today I did most of CDorner Step # 235, 58 minutes, heart rate 116/143, 245 calories, 4,459 steps. I had to stop because my husband and I had to be at an appointment, and it was taking too long. That was it for the morning. My dog went outside, and I heard some buzzing noise, it seemed to stop, but then she came back in and the buzzing started again. I went back in the workout room where she was and just like I thought, she had caught a cicada and was carrying it around. I have never had her kill one, but she will hold them in her mouth and let them out to look at them move. Of course, I usually get them away from her before they die.

Cathy, that sounds like a good workout. I like doing different types of lower body work. They said temps were going to drop here Thursday, but it was 93 today. I got an email about STS 2.0 update. I have not pre-ordered though. I will wait. I have plenty to do but will probably go for it eventually.

Carolyn, great job on P30 Low Impact Hiit and Extended stretch and getting the yoga in on Sunday.

Judy, nice job on the Peloton Ride and the hour of yoga yesterday.

Hi to Valerie.

This morning I had my annual eye appointment so no workout today. My eyes are still feeling strange after the dilation. They say it will last a couple of hours, but that has never been the case for me. It will take several more hours before my eyes are back to normal.

Cathy, I saw Cathe’s email about STS 2.0 and the beginning of filming. I’m curious and want to know more about it.

Judy, great job with the Peloton ride and the hour of yin yoga. Yin yoga really makes the body feel good.

Diane Sue, nice job with the CDORNER step. I’m sorry that you didn’t get the stretch done.

Hello to Valerie.

we arrived at our house this afternoon. we did a hike yesterday that was about 6 miles
RT but it was high. ended at 9100 feet for the first day that was tough. not acclimated yet. today we did a sort of disastrous mt bike ride. I did something to my knee. might have my foot angled outward slightly but I heard a snap and crashed. I walked back so hopefully its not anything serious. not very comfortable and I banged up some things when I fell. loaded up advil and have a brace on it and I'm walking ok , cautious and a little gimpy. its stiff though it doesnt hurt. other than that, the trip is going well. will be sidelined for a couple days unless its something more serious.

Yesterday I did 35 minutes of Peloton rides and a 30 minute Peloton total body strength workout. The weather hasn't been very good this week. I'm hoping I can get a run in tomorrow or Friday.

Carolyn-We are getting our annual eye exams this afternoon. I hope yours went well.

Valerie-I'm sorry about your crash. I hope you recover quickly.

Diane Sue-Great job with the CDorner Step.

Hi to Cathy

Yesterday I went to the zoo and then to my parents. Just finished Fit Ball Express which is a newer live. Total body and uses weights and ball for upper body and then just the ball for core and legs. Except for two people at the back everyone was using a steel gray Cathe brand ball, something I'd never seen them do before. Also Cathe put down her weights and did exercises without them more than usual and I wonder if that's because of rehearsals for STS 2.0 which would have been going on at the time. I will order the new set. 1) I know I'll end up getting it anyway and 2) I can't afford to pass up on the cheapest price. We'll see if it comes out in time to do a rotation before my trip to Fort Worth at Thanksgiving or not. Since it sounds fairly extensive it will take longer than a more typical series to edit. I wonder if she'll follow it with a cardio series like she did with STS. Those are much faster to film.

Valerie so sorry to hear about your crash. I hope you knee heals quickly. Things like that are so frustrating to wait out.

Judy great job with the Peloton ride and strength workout.

Carolyn I'm not a fan of having my eyes dilated. Haven't had it done in a few years, so we'll see what happens at my next appointment.

Diane Sue nice job with the step workout. Saw my first cicada at the zoo yesterday, though I've been hearing them in the yard. I have pics from last year when Derek and I were in Cincinnati and Columbus during the 17 year cicada hatch. Those were much cooler looking than the ones we have here. And we don't have millions, so it's far quieter. I don't think we've ever had one get in the house. Having a cricket get in is not my fave thing as they drive me crazy and are small enough they are hard to find and return outdoors. I'd think it'd be hard for a cicada to hide. Though I'd far rather the cats brought in cicadas than rodents!

Thanks Judy. It was such an odd event. it's better this morning. it was a flat section of trail and I'd barely started to pedal when something snapped. I need a few days off. would be swollen and worse today if I tore something. I slept well, so a quiet day today. so glad it isn't worse! I can do upper body things and core so that is the plan for a few days.

we saw 4 moose while camped near the hike trailhead, a young male pursuing several females. the male charged right by our camper not 10 feet away. it's the rut. they get careless and aggressive. also saw a bear wandering up the trail I had just walked down after my bike crash.

I don't like getting my eyes dilated either. easier on a cloudy day. and sunglasses.

I will differ on yin yoga. the studio I used offered yin classes. I went to several but like more active yoga better. I TRIED to like it but didn't.

at this point I probably won't order more dvds. I have original STS, did it at least twice, but havent used it in years. If I did anything, it would be repeat the one I have.

ETA I never saw or heard a cicada. I've seen mormon crickets, saw millions of them at Glacier NP on a hike once. I dont remember them from wisconsin, nor from washington.

Last edited:
This morning I did Cardio Party. That was 39 minutes and 275 calories burned. My average heart rate was 133 and maximum heart rate was 166. It was late afternoon before my eyes felt normal again after my 10:00 appointment.

Judy, great job with the Peloton ride and Total Body workout. My appointment went well with no surprises. I have some small cataracts, but I already knew that.

Valerie, I’m sorry about your knee injury. I hope that it’s better in a few days.

Cathy, nice job with Fit Ball Express. It sounds like you had a good day with your walk at the zoo and visiting your parents.

Hello to Diane Sue.

Today I did Coffeyfit raw step boxing, 28 minutes, heart rate 114/142, 117 calories, 2,396 steps. I also did Raw hi/lo:step37 minutes, heart rate 128/132, 184 calories, 3,915 steps. I really needed stretching as I woke up and knee tried to give out for a bit, low back and shoulders hurt. I did CDorner neck and back mobility stretch with a few minutes on the foam roller, 38 minutes, heart rate 76/100, 56 calories.
Total time 93 minutes, 357 calories, 6,311 steps. I will come back in a bit to read posts and comment. My internet was put all evening last night. I guess they got it fixed in the middle of the night. I had more time for housework though:D:p

This morning I did Perfect Pump Upper Body for 36 minutes and 169 calories burned. My average heart rate was 118 and maximum heart rate was 152. I was running out of coffee beans so I went to Costco after my workout. Even though it’s only a business center without all of the “Costco experience “ I can get my basic items there. The upside is that I don’t have to worry about impulse buying.

Diane Sue, great job with Coffeyfit Raw Step Boxing, Hi/Lo step, and CDorner neck and back mobility stretch.

Hello to Judy, Cathy, and Valerie. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Judy I would love to hear about Lori too if you know how to reach her. it would be good if Deb checked in occasionally too even if not posting regularly. these kind of groups are getting so rare.

I got on the elliptical today for a half an hour. along with x train core workout. my knee feels pretty good now without any swelling or bruising and stiffness has disappeared as the day passed. I'm still a little concerned because I don't know what happened. we plan to do an easy ride tomorrow, on a flat road not far from here as long as weather is OK. weather forecasting here is pretty hard to do!.

Carolyn & Valerie, I haven't heard anything from Lori recently. I just sent her a message asking how things are going and letting her know we are thinking of her. I haven't heard anything from Deb either, I hope she is doing ok. I don't think she is on Facebook and I don't know if I still have her email. I'll have to check and see if I can find it.

I'll be back later to post more.

Shopped today so no workout. Yesterday was a shorts and tank top day and today was leggings, turtle neck and heavy cardigan. LOL We took that whole first day of autumn thing to heart.

Valerie I'm glad that you knee injury doesn't appear to be serious. Great job with the elliptical and core workouts. I hope the ride goes smoothly tomorrow. So cool that you saw the moose. I've been wanting to see moose in the UP for years, but haven't really put any effort into it. I would like to see one at a nice distance from the road for watching and pics, but not up close and personal. My little car wouldn't stand a chance.

Carolyn nice job with Cardio Party.

Diane Sue great job with the Raw workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.