Pentagenarians & Beyond: September 20, 2026

good morning long drive yesterday almost 12 hrs. we are meeting neighbors here so i may be absent much of the week.

for anyone who is interested, you can look up the video of the punk kids driving in their trucks shooting fireworks and flames all over, starting the chelan hills fire. . 3 more have been arrested. this is so great when the idiots have been caught and they brainlessly recorded their own videos of what they did.
omg you cant make up these things!. i think if you look up "chelan hills fire" you can probably find it. we saw it on a local news report. they will be charged with manslaughter too because a man died in the fire and 6 firefighters were injured. TSTL comes to mind. (too stupid to live)
 
This morning I did my usual yoga/mobility for 18 minutes.

Valerie, I saw that fireworks video on the national news a few days ago. It was really shocking to see the actual video as compared to just reading about it. Reading the news story didn’t give me a true picture of what those boys were doing. I’m glad to know that people have been arrested for that crazy stunt.

Hello to Judy, Cathy, and Shannon.
 
Yesterday I did STS2 Lower Body 1. Today I did Live Kickbox Crush and Stretch and Flow. After yesterday my legs and glutes have added to the chorus of complaints my muscles are making. Even stretching was ouch! Raining here for the second day in a row.

Valeri how stupid to film your crime, but helpful to law enforcement.
 
i didnt know it made national news. now the punks probably think they're famous!! but for all the wrong reasons . i think someone else saw them doing it and reported them and tried to put out the fires. i dont remember if they got pics. but selfies! how dumb can you get. so few people are caught for arson. glad you could see it!.
 
Saturday I did a 35 minute Peloton Ride and 20 minutes of stretching and PT work. Yesterday I walked for 40 minutes with my husband, did a 10 minute Peloton Arm workout, and an hour of restorative yoga.

Carolyn-Great job with your yoga and mobility work.

Cathy-Great job with STS2 Lower Body 1 and Live Kickbox Crush and Stretch and Flow. We definitely got a lot of rain over the weekend.

Valerie-It’s good that those boys were caught. What a stupid thing to do.

Hi to Shannon
 
Good morning, ladies. Friday I went for a 6-mile power walk outside after work. Heat index was 101, so I worked up some serious sweat. Saturday I did a total body weight workout. Yesterday I got out at about 6:30 a.m. so I could beat the heat and did another 6-mile walk. Not nearly as sweaty that time, LOL.

I’ve had to totally eliminate Cathe workouts. There are too many moves that bother me, and modifying has become very annoying. A while back, in a fit of irritation, I donated all of them to the county library. I don’t have a single fitness DVD now. Walking is my cardio. I bought a treadmill and tried to push it using the incline, which gave me hamstring tendonitis – a literal pain in the butt. It’s a similar situation with weights, especially since I have to eliminate all forms of lunges – one of Cathe’s favorite moves. So yeah, I’m being pretty careful these days.

Valerie – You’re still driving back and forth, huh? I don’t envy you. I hope you enjoy your visit with the neighbors. I’ll have to dig back to see what you’re talking about with the punk kids, but I probably don’t need to watch the video and get mad.

Carolyn – I hope you enjoyed your yoga.

Cathy – It sounds like you’re getting in some good workouts. Way to go. If you don’t want your rain, please send it here. We’ve been in a bad drought all summer.

Judy – Great work on your weekend workouts. It looks like you’ve got a good balance and variety there.
 
Today I did JS Stride and Step, 30 minutes, 180 calories burned, average heart rate 118, and maximum heart rate 133.

Cathy, great job with STS 2 Lower Body 1, Live Kickbox Crush, and Stretch and Flow.

Judy, great job with the Peloton ride, stretching and PT work, walking with your husband, Peloton Arms, and restorative yoga.

Shannon, great job with your long 6 mile walks. It’s good that you are finding a new exercise routine that works for you now. I’m very selective with the Cathe workouts that I do these days. Some I can still enjoy, but there are others that I will never do again.

Valerie, I hope that you’re enjoying your vacation.
 
Today I did a 30-minute Peloton Walk and 20 minutes of stretching and PT work.

Shannon-great job with your 6-mile power walks and total body weight workout. Like Carolyn, I am very selective about what Cathe workouts I do right now and there are many that I probably won’t ever do again.

Carolyn-Great job with JS Stride and Step.

Valerie-I hope you are having a good vacation.

Hi to Cathy
 
Good morning. No workout yesterday. Work was crazy and has been for the past week. Then we had a bit of a family emergency. My brother's wheelchair broke while he was in it. All is well. He wasn't injured, and he was able to repair it once we got him into another chair. I took some comp time this morning and did a five-mile power walk before work, while it was still cool. That was pretty nice. I wanted to do six, but I figured I'd better get home and get to work. Fortunately, it looks like the craziness is over for now and I can get back to my regular job. Whew.

Carolyn - Good job with the JS workout. That's Jessica Smith, right?

Judy - What are you doing PT for? I hope you're ok.

LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't quite hang with Cathe anymore. Thanks for the supportive comments from both of you.

Hello to Cathy and Valerie.
 
Today I did KCM’s Power Splits Upper Body, 35 minutes, 102 calories burned, average heart rate 103, and maximum heart rate 145.

Judy, great job with the Peloton walk, stretching, and PT.

Shannon, nice job with your five-mile power walk. I’m glad that your brother wasn’t hurt when his wheelchair broke. That sounds scary! Yes, JS is Jessica Smith. KCM is Kelly Coffey Meyer.

Hello to Cathy and Valerie.
 
Today I did a 45-minute walk, a 20-minute Peloton Chest & Back workout and 20 minutes of Restorative Yoga.

Shannon-I’m glad your brother is ok. Great job with your 5-mile walk. I’ve been dealing with a hip/sciatica issue for a while. It was getting better but has started bothering me more over the past few weeks. I was trying to get back into running this summer and that really caused it to flare up. I’m going to a new doctor/PT office next week and hopefully can get this resolved soon. Right now, walking is fine, I can still do low intensity Peloton rides and upper body strength workouts but I can’t row, run or do anything heavy for my lower body.

Carolyn-Great job with KCM’s Power Splits Upper Body.


Hi to Cathy and Valerie
 
This morning I did KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix, workout one, 26 minutes, 161 calories burned, average heart rate 121, and 137 maximum heart rate. I had a virtual WW meeting, then went out to meet about estate business.

Judy, great job with the 45 minute walk, Peloton Chest and Back, and restorative yoga.

Hello to Cathy and Valerie.
 
Today was a low energy did sleep well day, though I did walk a few times. Yesterday I went and walked at the zoo, and before I left I did Live Med Ball Blast.

Shannon we are past are hot days, though the only time I dealt with the kind of temps you have was when I visited the boys. I thought when I helped move Nick to West DesMoines I’d be past those temps and then while I was in IA it was 100+ heat index including one that was 107! Good that you could get out early for your walk. Our mornings have been 40’s lately.
 
Good morning. Yesterday I was supposed to lift weights, but I took another walk instead. I just wanted to get outside because … FALL IS FINALLY HERE. Of course you northern ladies will think I’m crazy, since it still got up to 85. But trust me, this is awesome, way better than 100, that’s for sure. Yesterday morning it was 60, and this morning it was 58. It’s like Mother Nature flipped a switch and turned summer off. Thank God.

I walked six miles. I power walked about 4.5 and then slowed down to give my hamstring a break. I was going to just shake it out a bit, but it felt so good to just walk and enjoy the wonderful, cool breeze that I decided to take it a bit slower for the rest of the way home.

Carolyn – nice work with the KCM workouts.

Judy – Oh, yuck. I’m really sorry about your sciatica. I’ve heard that is incredibly painful. Way to go on staying fit despite the challenges and pain. I hope your new doctor can figure something out for you.

Cathy – I can’t wait until our mornings drop into the 40s. Of course that’s called “winter” down here. I’m sorry you had a bad night. I hope that doesn’t happen again.

Hi to Valerie.
 
Today I did Power Splits Lower Body, 34 minutes, 125 calories burned, average heart rate 107, and maximum heart rate 136. Then I did the Step Boss Extended Stretch.

Cathy, I’m sorry that you didn’t sleep well. Nice work with walking at the zoo and Live Med Ball Blast.

Shannon, we are enjoying early fall weather simply to yours. It’s a nice change.

Hello to Judy and Valerie.
 
Today’s workout was P30 Low Impact HiiT, 31 minutes, 152 calories burned, average heart rate 113, and maximum heart rate 137.

Have a great day everyone.
 
Wednesday was a rest day. Yesterday I did a 30-minute Peloton Walk, 15 minutes of upper body and core work and 15 minutes of PT. Today I did a 30-minute Peloton Walk, 15 minutes of Peloton Pilates and 45 minutes of restorative yoga.

Carolyn-Great job with Cardio Quick Fix, workout one, Power Splits Lower Body, Step Boss Extended Stretch and P30 Low Impact HiiT.

Cathy-Great job with walking at the zoo and Med Ball Blast. I’m sorry you didn’t sleep well. Those nights are hard.

Shannon-Great job with your walk. We are enjoying the fall weather here.

Hi to Valerie
 
Yesterday I did Pyramid Pump Upper Body and today I did Live Advanced Step Choreography and LITE To the Mat. It’s a beautiful fall day here today. I’m considering going to the zoo in South Bend on Monday. I was on the fence and mentioned it to Derek and then this morning they had the audacity to post a video of one of the sand cats playing with a toy. My favorite little cat in my favorite exhibit there! I can get in half off so only $7 but it’s a 2 hour drive, so tolls and gas.

Shannon I’m glad it’s cooled off for you. And yes, 85 is above my preferred temp cut off.

Judy do you have a video you use for the restorative yoga? Sometimes I’d like something longer than the one Cathe does.

Hi Valerie and Carolyn.
 
checking back in. we had a decent trip. our friends got to our house 2 days before us because they were already traveling in north dakota so we helped them get inside and turn things on. we mwet them there and then did some camping and limited hiking on the beartooth plateau. it was beautiful but my back is limiting how much i can walk happily. rode my mt bike a few times after we got back to our house, probably the last time this season there. the last ride was hard. the water makes deep puddles and the mud is incredibly slippery and hard to get through. almost fell once but i jumped off to the side before the bike slid into the mud. we got back last night after a fairly awful drive back almost 13 hours. headwinds, gusty winds, dust storms, rain and crashes made for a long day. almost 13 hours driving.
more in a bit, haven't read all your posts yet. `
back with more.

we drove thru yellowstone to get to beartooth and saw the usual animals. i like it better when the weather switches to fall which its getting close to. animal behavior gets more interesting too. 80 degrees is my cut off point for doing much of anything. im fine in cold weather but 80 is "hot" to me and higher than that is ridiculous.

I unfortunately developed another UTI. probably the last one was not completely dealt with and it slowly returned. went to the walk in this morning for meds. hopefully this takes care of it. its not the first one ive had but not a frequent flyer either. monday I'm seeing the doc about back injections to try to locate the offending nerve area. this has been hard.

shannon the power walking is great exercise without the wearing effects of running. I would not be happy with those temps!.

judy good luck with the sciatica. those chronic pains that reliably occur really can discourage doing things. im lucky i can still ride because hiking and walking have suddenly gotten way more difficult. new doc, new ideas!.

Another kid has been arrested for involvement in the chelan hills fire. i believe they have 5 kids now. they aren't kids or children, i think 18-19 yo.
 
Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Top