Pentagenarials & Beyond: W/B 8/2

I'm going on a short trip so probably wont post for a couple days. meeting another couple, the same ones who visited us in MT. plan to do some hiking but weather looks pretty warm. that doesn't work well for us but we will make the best of it. we'd tried to set this up earlier last month but couldn't get it coordinated.

I forget if I posted last night, but I ran on the treadmill again. 2 miles this time. no soreness. I'm enjoying it and it does get a good sweat going, more than anything else I do. when we get back I'll try to get something set up on our TV so I have something to watch. its a pretty painless way to get in 30 min of unfussy cardio. Love Cathe but some days I'd rather mindlessly get it done.

This morning I did IMAX4 and the extended lying stretch.

The kitten is proving a worthy foe. Didn't get her in my attempt yesterday and until a bit ago it was rainy today. Not sure where she's hanging out. We already have four cats of our own, all started as strays in some way, and people just keep dropping them off out here. I took 2 adult males to my cousin who works with a cat rescue right before quarantine and she got them fixed and adopted. Then along came the kitten and there's also a half grown male around. It's never ending.

Cathe has finished filming and I love the set! Looking forward to more pics and then the video clips.

Valerie enjoy your trip.

Packed the last bits of stuff. This is a short trip but somehow you need just as much especially if restaurants are not an option.
Did pyramid pump upper today and the boxing abs I went heavier so it was challenging. That’s terrible people dump kitties like that I’ve heard that happens but maybe not here.??? We seem to have a short supply. Shelters are all out. Extra points for you for taking care of so many.

Today I did Pyramid Pump Upper Body. My time was 50 minutes with 222 calories burned. My average heart rate was 112 and maximum heart rate was 153.

Cathy, nice job with IMAX 4 and the lying stretch. You are doing a great job of caring for the stray cats around you.

Valerie, Pyramid Pump Upper is a good workout. Some of the exercises can be challenging for me without using heavier weights. I hope that you enjoy your trip.

Hello to Deb, Judy, Lori, Diane Sue, and Christina.

Reactions: WD
Hi Everyone,

This morning I did Cathe Live Total Body Giant Sets 2 and an hour of Yin Yoga. Last night we got Chris's new weight bench set up. I don't remember if I posted it or not, but he ordered one a few weeks ago.
We rearranged some things in the basement and extended my part of the gym so that it holds Chris's new weight bench and isn't too crowded. So now we have his bench, my reebok bench, Fit Tower, steps and all of my weights and bars and we didn't lose any workout space. It took all evening to get it done but it was worth it. Since he likes lifting late at night, he can have the basement to himself when he works out and we won't be getting in each other's way.

Cathy-you really do a lot for cats! We are cat lovers too. We have 2 now. If we weren't living in a condo we would probably have a couple more.

Valerie-Nice job with Pyramid Pump Upper! Hope you have a good trip.

Carolyn-Great job with Pyramid Pump Upper! That was a popular workout today!

Hi to Deb, Lori, Diane Sue & Christina!

IMG_5069.jpg

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Amped Up Cardio #1, 31 minutes, 159 calories, 3,157 steps, heart rate 123/156. I then did Strong and Sweaty Cardio Slam timesaver #1 no mat, 34 minutes, 167 calories, heart rate 124/155, 2,468 steps. I finished with Strong and Sweaty abs, 13 minutes, 27 calories( I guessed the fitbit calories before I checked as Cathe's workout manager said 72) heart rate 97/122, 213 steps. Total time was 78 minutes, 353 calories, 5,838. I had to go out shopping. I wish things that I had planned on purchasing were not missing in the stores. Today I went to Dollar General and Sprouts to get what I needed and avoid Walmart.
Yesterday was a rest day. I just did a short Lindsey Samper 14 minute yoga.

Valerie, have a nice time. My daughter and her family just got back from a trip to Branson. They rented a cabin somewhere near a lake and went to silver dollar city (wearing masks). They took their own food to prepare. They were able to use a friends boat which was fun for them. She said it was nice having fun and getting away from work and worry as she is the one in dermatology and her husband is police. Lots to worry about for them. I think sometimes people let their cats hang out outside and do not get them spayed and it leaves kittens wandering around.

Carolyn, nice work on Pyramid Pump Upper Body this morning.

Judy, that is great that you got the weight bench set up and you still have plenty of room for working out in your basement. It would be nice if my husband had the tread climber in some other room, but the bedroom so he could workout nights when I am sleeping. There is really not a place to do that. We had it in the sun room at first, but it is right off of the bedroom, so it would still be heard if someone was using it. It is not a big room. Just the size of a patio between the bedroom and living room. No way are they going to cart that big piece of equipment up the turning staircase. When we first got it in the other house we put it in the office which was not at all convenient for me from my workout room and it had brick flooring.
You have a lot of equipment in your basement. Glad that it worked out.

Cathy, I like the Hawaii set that Cathe has on the new workouts. Looking forward to them too. Wow, you do have a lot of cats in and out of your house. Hope you can help the kitten. I see people on the Nextdoor Neighbor website in our area that find kittens and cats all of the time hanging out. I wish people would be responsible pet owners.

This morning I did Pyramid Pump Lower Body for 51 minutes and 232 calories burned. My average heart rate was 123 and maximum heart rate was 153. I went to the grocery store and to Costco after my workout. I needed quite a few things from the store since I haven’t been in two weeks.

Judy, nice work with Live Total Body Giant Sets and Yin Yoga. Your workout area looks good and the bench seems to fit in well.

Diane Sue, good job with Amped Up Cardio 1, Cardio Slam, and Abs. I’m finding that some cleaning items and liquid hand soaps are still out of stock. I’m just making do with what I have. Lessons from the early years of our marriage and my husband’s military career come in handy.

Hello to Deb, Cathy, Valerie, Lori, and Christina.

I was hoping Kelly was going to have the live workout she did up, but they had to refilm today as there was a problem with the camera. She said she should have it up on the raw channel tonight. Some of the ladies said it was cardio and one said she used 4 lb egg weights, also the step is used more for putting a foot on. I really need to sit here and view these so I can have it on paper. I Wasn't sure so I did cardio again today. Besides my neck feels a lot better today and did not want to push it. I did Step Boss I Max 4, 45 minutes, 223 calories, heart rate 122/176, 4,197 steps. I then did Step Boss Abs 2, 10 minutes, 20 calories, heart rate 90/107,95 steps, finishing with Step Boss Chair stretch, 16 minutes, 20 calories. Total time was 71 minutes, 263 calories, 4,292 steps.

Carolyn, I go to the store a lot more than that. We go through so much produce that I am always going back. If I could make it last longer it would be nice to not have to go out. Nice work today on Pyramid Pump lower body. I know we can do with a lot less and a lot of things we purchase are not real necessities to get by. For some reason I did not know that your husband had a career in the military. Did you have to move around a lot?

Monday I made a rather last minute decision to take Nick to work and walk. And of course, after the last couple weekdays they both worked and literally followed each other home, Derek got sent home mid-afternoon due to lack of customers and I had to go back and get Nick. But, I had a very enjoyable time walking outdoors.

Yesterday since the kitten had been spending time in the doghouse we have on the porch for them, I put two carriers side by side in it and she was in one when I got up. I zipped her in, and put her in the crate. Called the vet expecting it to be days until I could get her in, and they had had a couple surgeries cancelled so I dropped her off and they not only gave her the basic vaccines, wormed her and cleaned her ears, they spayed her as well. So before supper she was back in the crate. Not sure we will be able to keep her inside. 1) she needs to figure out the litter box and 2) our adult NEUTERED male has an unfortunate tendency to spray if there's a new cat around. He lives with 3 other cats, but that seems to be his limit. I was walking in the yard yesterday and he was clearly mad. Note: I have had a LOT of cats in my life and I've never had one that when he's displeased will run up and whack me. During one walk he ran up twice and body slammed my leg and then went and sprayed some weeds, the third time he body slammed my leg and just ran off. A unique being is Chester Fred (never let my oldest son name anything.) I did end up doing Slide and Glide cardio and abs premix.

Lots of great workouts happening and you are all making me want Pyramid Pump again. Though after the hit my credit card took at the vet yesterday, it won't be soon.

Diane Sue, I'm glad your neck continues to feel better.

Judy that's great that you were able to rearrange your workout area. Mine keeps shrinking, but will get bigger again when Nick's stuff all goes north.

Valerie I hope you are having lots of fun on your trip.

Carolyn I wish I could shop every two weeks, but between a small fridge and four of us, it's been weekly for a very long time. It's going to be really weird shopping for just two of us again, and I'm probably going to buy too much for awhile.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Solo Dumbbell Strength, 33 minutes, heart rate 94/120, 71 calories. Fit Bit worked lousy for this and I am lucky I got something in. I have grandchildren here today little one is lifting weights and adjusting my barbell :) Kelly did not have the live workout up. I could have done it off my laptop.
Solo Dumbbell Strength
3 sets of each pair of moves Kelly uses 20# throughout, but I opted for 15 for some of it. 12 reps all moves
snatch 15# dumbbell (2nd and 3rd set I did upright row) / flip curl 20#

split squat row 20#/ push press(I opted for upright row again)

skull crusher 20#/ bench press pullovers 20# (3rd set dropped to 15#)

finisher move only 1 set 15# dumbbell squat thrust, push up,frog squat up holding dumbbell switch hands repeat

This morning I did Tabatacise, tabatas 1 and 2 and part of Abs 2. My time was 32 minutes with 187 calories burned. Average heart rate was 119 and maximum heart rate was 143. I avoided Tabatacise for a long time when I first got the X Train series. Just the thought of it seemed like too much. Now I find that I can do 1-3 tabatas using low impact modifications.

Diane Sue, great job with IMAX 4, Abs 2, and the Chair stretch and getting a Raw workout done early today. My husband retired from the military after 29 years. We didn’t move around as much as some families because of the nature of his job. He did military police work, investigations, then the crime lab. The Lab has limited locations, so not much moving. I rely on fresh produce too, so I usually shop weekly. I went to the outdoor farmer’s market and I ordered some items from Amazon Fresh which kept us well stocked for a while.

Cathy, I’m glad that you were able to get that stray cat to the vet. Good for you. Nice work with Slide and Glide. That’s one that I really don’t care for. I don’t mind a short time on the discs, but not a full workout.

Hello to everyone and have a wonderful day.

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did Cathe Live #307 All Core On The Floor, then the Fit Tower Advanced DVD(came with Fit Tower) and I finished with MM Back. I loved the Live core workout! That is one I will do again. This morning I did a 5K training run. I think that will be my max distance for now. I'm going to try to run 2-3 times a week.

Diane Sue-Nice job with the Raw workouts and Step Boss! I saw the posts about the egg weights on FB. I ordered the 3 lb (1.5 lb each) pair. They look like they will work well with boxing and also walking workouts.
The Solo Dumbbell Strength workout looks good.

Cathy-That's great that you got the kitten to the vet! Chester Fred sounds like an interesting cat. Nice job with Slide & Glide.

Carolyn-Nice job with Pyramid Pump Lower Body & Tabatacise!

Hi to Deb, Lori, Valerie & Christina!

Cathy, all of those trips to pick up sounds tiring to me. Nice that you had a pleasant walk. Funny cats and pet personalities :) I am glad you finally were able to get the cat into the vet. Funny, our vet just sent out an email that they now have tele vet service for a certain price and if you have to bring them in they discount the price. I was wondering how the pet tells them what is bothering them. How do they check ears etc.. Kind of weird if you ask me.

Carolyn, nice work with the tabatacise workouts. I have used the rebounder for portions. I have done the entire workout in the past, but need to take care of my joints. Is it that one or X 10 that has a bit of strength attached to each segment? I guess I should pull them out again. That is nice that your husband was in a position to not have to move all over. I can see why the crime lab would have limited locations. It sounds like he had a good position. He worked for them a lot of years.

Judy, I bet I would like the Live core on the floor workout. You have had some good workouts. I will be interested in what you think of the of the egg weights. I talked to some of the women because I was worried about my arthritis in my fingers. One said she had arthritis in her hands and they were comfortable to use. My husband was worried about my shoulder and neck issue when he saw I had been looking at them.

Hi all! less than 2 weeks now!!! this is coming so fast.

The storm was a little scary for us...high winds, rain and tornado warnings. When all said and done, we did fine. Lots of branches in the yard we are planning to cleanup this weekend. We lost power for most of the day and night - finally came on at 5:30am. First thought was MAKE COFFEE before we lose power again!

deb...how did you make out? hoping all is well.

Workouts are still good. Yes that is a very odd name “Perspirology“ but I do love her workouts and personality. So right now it is working for me.

Valerie...have a great trip!

Judy...love the workout bench and your area! I miss having my workout space in the basement. When we move to the apartment, have no idea where I will be working out. May need to just work my equipment into the decor! Lol! I wasn’t going to bring my Fit Tower but leaning towards taking it. I know I will be sorry of I do not.

Slide and Glide...if you remember I said I was going to look for this work out. I checked my dvds and nothing so no clue what I did with it. Yesterday I am packing and I find it stuck in the oddest place under my shoe rack in basement. Too funny I actually found it.

Cathy...Chester Fred sounds hilarious. Such attitude! Love his name. Glad you were able to get everything done for your kitty.

I will try and get back to reading posts and get updated...The next few weeks are going to be insane for me ...hahha like it hasn’t been already!!!

Have a great day all!!!

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Body Fit 1 using my laptop. I need a new hdmi cable as the one I have in the workout room kept dropping out. Kelly still has not got it up on the app yet, but she does say she is going to put it there. It was a fun, not too intense workout. I imagine if I wore a weight vest as mentioned it would be more so. They do not wear a weight vest though. This was 41 minutes, 170 calories, 2,627 steps, heart rate 112/152. I put on my vest this morning but before I got through the first round for some reason it was causing that burning nerve pain in my neck and trap area so I took it off. It was only the 4# one. I just did not want to get that started again. Afterward I did Lindsey Samper for neck and shoulder pain yoga, the 14 minute segment with the end of the first segment that I like for some more opening. So this was 17 minutes, heart rate 74/90, 20 calories. Total time 58 minutes 190 calories, 2,684 steps.
Grandchildren are here today and tomorrow. I was going to take them out for a walk, but it started pouring rain. Maybe the sun will come back out.

Hi all... we got back around dinner yesterday. a busy couple days. we rented a house on other side of the mountains and did 2 serious hikes but relaxed and drove home yesterday. had good weather but too hot yesterday. the house didn't have very good Wifi nor very good air conditioning. this is peak vacation season here so we were clever and found a couple non crowded places to hike. one day was probably 5 miles of very rough terrain. i missed a step one time and sort of sat down on a pole and broke it at the joint. we fixed it enough to use but need new ones. I always hike with poles. the second day 10 miles of much more moderate trails, but high and sunny. great flowers.

all was dull normal until the last mile of our drive when someone turned left directly in front of us almost causing a crash. like he was aiming for us! we missed by inches. this morning its raining significantly so no rush to "do" something. indoor workout later.

Chester Fred is hilarious!. cats are all such different personalities.

I would be cautious about giving up ANY workout supplies. with gyms closed it might be a long time before home equipment is available reasonably. I am still unable to find any mid range weights. gyms and restaurants are 2 places I would not use as long as the pandemic is ongoing, and this is going to be around for a long time yet. I like working out at home anyway.

Lori we would never be without our backpacking stoves. we have many! they are great when power is out. we usually have winter power outs. summers here are usually benign, and no hurricanes or tropical storms.

Cathy that's the best way to get stray kitty all tuned up.. all in one visit! at least you don't have to pay for multiple office visits. especially with other kitties around, that's the only way to do it. the bill would be noticeable.

Judy that is a reasonable goal for running. I think I will aim for close to that, 2x a week. I always had problems when I tried to increase mileage so will stick to lower mileage but regularly. I like your bench. I have one, use it all the time. for heavier work I like the stability of a bench over a ball.

Today I did Jessica Smith’s WS3 Cardio Step Jam for 32 minutes and 235 calories burned. Average heart rate was 128 and maximum heart rate was 161. Then I did Element Beginner Yoga with Alanna Zabel, the toning practice, for an additional 22 minutes and 36 calories.

Judy, nice job doing Cathe Live All Core on the Floor, MM Back, and 5 mile training run.

Diane Sue, great job with Coffeyfit Raw Body Fit 1. I was curious about egg weights when I saw them mentioned, so I looked them up. I don’t think they are for me. X 10 is the workout with strength added in. I like to keep cardio and strength separate unless I choose a circuit workout. Enjoy your grandkids this week.

Lori, I’m sure that you have so much to do! You will be in your new home before you know it!

Valerie, it sounds like you had a nice trip with enjoyable activities.

Hello to Deb, Cathy, and Christina.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.