Pedal Power DVD Request!

Cosmo Mom

Cathlete
Cathe - I would love it if you could do some shorter premixes on this next spin dvd. The last one has a 41 min. cycle express I'm trying tomorrow.

I just don't always want to do a whole hour of spinning. So..pretty please???
Maybe 30 or 45 minute choices?

Also - I just re-read what I have pre-ordered;) and I am looking forward to the Lean Legs and Abs. It says greater emphasis is puton quads and outer thighs. I love that because I think it will help a great deal in spinning and my outside biking this summer with my hubby! Does this sound right?

Can't wait for new dvds - "I can't believe I just said that" :eek:

Lisa,
Thanks for reminding me! I guess I always put Ride in and do the whole workout and forgot the premixes. I did the first premix today.

Unfortunately, I feel like I SUCK at spinning. I try to modify but it always seems like I can never keep up with the class. (This happened at the gym too.) That's why I like the shorter workouts - I can barely do them.

Oh well! Spinning has never been my strong suit!

Thanks again!

I'm not sure my legs spin as fast as the crew either, but I try to make up for it with a little extra tension on my wheel.

I bought a spin bike when Cathe announced LIS and love it! I had a treadmill for nearly 10 years, so I was ready for something different. Many days, I use my own music and let the music guide my ride!

Good luck and keep on spinning!

Lisa

Lisa,

Unfortunately, I feel like I SUCK at spinning. I try to modify but it always seems like I can never keep up with the class. (This happened at the gym too.) That's why I like the shorter workouts - I can barely do them.

Just keep moving at your own pace -it's YOUR ride! You're in the game and that's what counts!! ;)

Just keep moving at your own pace -it's YOUR ride! You're in the game and that's what counts!! ;)

I agree ... Spinning is about what YOU can do on any given day. That's the beauty of it; everybody can play without feeling left out or left behind. If you can crank, you crank. If it's not there; it's not there. No big deal. I think Spinning is the most relaxing workout and the hardest workout I can do. It all depends on what I need or can do that day. Either way, I can really get myself into a really tranquil personal training zone. Just spin. Just do it. :)

Thanks for the encouragement.

I think what frustrates me is that I am pretty fit - I do all the dvds of Cathe's and hang in there pretty well. My heart rate is always on the higher side..like when I am huffing pretty good my HR monitor shows 165. If I get to 171-175 (my anaerobic stage) I'm so out of breath I'm dying! It's okay if it's a HIIT workout since you get a break soon, but when I'm on the bike, it doesn't come down unless I really take it down a few notches.

That's the way my heart rate has always been. It recovers quickly.
I guess I'll just keep trying and see if I can somehow "train" my heartrate to stay a little lower so I can hang in there longer!!

Spinning is a great calorie burner - my husband lost 20 lbs. in a year riding bike, and we both have nice road bikes - I just want to keep up with his stamina!!:p Thanks again!

I suck at spinning too, but keep trying because I know it's a great workout. Don't give up, keep pushing. Personally, I enjoy the Ride DVD more than Cycle Max - I like the timer and the music.

Funny that you mention you can pretty much keep up with all of the other DVDs because that is exactly how I feel. For some reason, this really kicks my butt and increases my heart rate like nothing else (including Tabatacise). A while back, I had been spinning when my husband came home and he told me I didn't need to stop just because he got home. Then he heard me breathing and said "well, maybe you did". Not sure why I have such trouble with it, but I do.

I can't keep up either, but I still love to spin and always look forward to it. I have an indoor a trainer and a road bike so I blame it on that! Makes me feel better!

I suck at spinning too, but keep trying because I know it's a great workout. Don't give up, keep pushing. Personally, I enjoy the Ride DVD more than Cycle Max - I like the timer and the music.

Funny that you mention you can pretty much keep up with all of the other DVDs because that is exactly how I feel. For some reason, this really kicks my butt and increases my heart rate like nothing else (including Tabatacise). A while back, I had been spinning when my husband came home and he told me I didn't need to stop just because he got home. Then he heard me breathing and said "well, maybe you did". Not sure why I have such trouble with it, but I do.

Thanks! Its good to know I'm not alone! I will keep trying because it is good workout for sure. I just did the whole Tabatacise yesterday and of course, my heart rate is up. I just took a few seconds longer to catch my breath since my heart rate was at 171-173 and you can't START the next tabata that high.:rolleyes:

I will say my husband subscribed to the Spinning series monthly dvd club and I like some of those. One of them has you sitting the whole time, but definitely burning the calories and you are sweating just the same. I love it because I don't have to keep modifying and dying! haha. It makes you feel more accomplished.

Out of all the spinning dvds we have (about a dozen) none of them stand up as much as Cathe does. Tough tough.

Nice to know "we're in this together"!

What is the DVD called (where you sit the whole time)?[/QUO

The spinning instructor is Doug Katona (very well known and good...looking)
It's called Spinning "Ride On" (Endurance Energy Zone).

There's a picture of a spinning rider with a yellow jersey.

Very nice workout!:eek:

Spinning.com is more in line with actual, realistic road rides. Cathe is purely gym class spinning. The variety between the two is nice. I did a Josh Taylor ride tonight (poorly).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.