Patrick's new Bodyweight Blast

Stacy

Cathlete
I just got this today and previewed it....looks great!! It has some unique moves, looks like a real sweat fest and the weighted portions look like you could use heavier weights and still have good form. Can't wait to attempt this one!

Come back with your review amd impressions , please. I have a handful of Patricks wkout dvd's. "Lean hot body" and "Extreme calorie burn" are pretty tough. One of them has a segment that seems to move too fast for good form or safety.......but I still love Patrick because he offers a really decent challenge. "Kickbox burn" has become a favorite too!

I watched the clips and it seems like this new one is very similar to Lean, hot body and Extreme calorie burn......bursts of cardio then weights.

Anyway, have fun and let us know what you think!

I have done it....I liked it a lot. Not as hard as Lean Hot Body, but overall it gets the job done. I used 15#s and I could probably have gone heavier on some of the moves...but still got a good sweat on.

I've been eyeing this workout too. How high is the impact and if it is high, can it be easily modified for bad knees? Thanks.

The only high impact is the one minute cardio after each segment. You could modify, if I can remember correctly, he starts each minute low impact and moves to high.

PERFECT! That's what I wanted to know. Thanks so much!

So I am reviewing it again, because i sort of forget the workout and here is where there is high impact:

warm up: jumps to the side, and jacks, jog in place

segment 1: frog jumps with weights, these are sort of like burpees, but you could step them out instead of jumping, he also goes into squat jumps for the cardio segment (you could do air squats instead)

segment 2: Cardio segment - high knees, jacks with a high knee

segment 3: can can kicks (reverse plank, alternating kicks)

segment 4: side to side lunges with hands on the ground, not sure I would consider these high impact)

segment 5: scissor lunges into jump lunges (you could stick to the scissor lunges the whole time)

segment 6: plank jump lunges, fast feet on dumbbells

segment 7: skaters

segment 8: jacks with a reach, side to side lunges into jump lunges and then 16 tuck jumps. This one probably had the most impact.

I hope this helps!!

Wow, thanks for this detailed breakdown on the impact. With Cathe's workouts I'm so used to modifying for tuck jumps, etc, that I think maybe I could make Patrick's work. I always try to gauge if I would be modifying more than just doing the regular workout. That's my typical decision point. If I'd be modifying more, I don't get it. If I would mostly be doing the workout moves with some mods, I consider it a good workout for me. I appreciate this info.

Wow, thanks for this detailed breakdown on the impact. With Cathe's workouts I'm so used to modifying for tuck jumps, etc, that I think maybe I could make Patrick's work. I always try to gauge if I would be modifying more than just doing the regular workout. That's my typical decision point. If I'd be modifying more, I don't get it. If I would mostly be doing the workout moves with some mods, I consider it a good workout for me. I appreciate this info.

No problem...report back if you decide to get it and your thoughts on it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.