Patrick Goudeau's NEW TurnUp and SlimDown

I like Patrick a lot. His hard Work Conditioning DVDs and other circuit DVDs (Lean, Hot Body, etc) released since then are excellent, as is the recent Kickbox with Heather somebody.

This latest one, though not so much.

It has six sections: 3 body weight and core moves, most of which look excellent and interesting. But the other 3 sections of cardio are very old school, jump up and down, based on hi/lo cardio from yesteryear, and apart from being hard on the joints, this now holds little appeal.

So, be aware of this going into it, and view the extended clips on totalfitnessdvds.com before purchasing. I'm giving this one a miss.

Clare

Great review. I've done this workout twice now and I just love it. The cardio sections are high impact but I love that he starts you out with a low impact move that you can stick with if you want. I also love the fact that it is hi/lo and body weight only:). 2 thumbs up for me:)

I absolutely love Patrick's latest, although I love everything Patrick does. The cardio is so fun, with great music that reminds me of Michelle Dozois music, if you like her Remix workouts I think you like this one. I know I won't get tired of this workout for awhile. The cardio does get intense but then it's over and your onto creative bodyweight core work and you get a little breather. I love that you can mix up the segments and make your own workout too. For me, it's a perfect workout for a cardio day. I love the background exercisers also, they are smiling and working hard, for some reason that pushes me to give it my all and I feel so accomplished when I'm done!

I absolutely love Patrick's latest, although I love everything Patrick does. The cardio is so fun, with great music that reminds me of Michelle Dozois music, if you like her Remix workouts I think you like this one. I know I won't get tired of this workout for awhile. The cardio does get intense but then it's over and your onto creative bodyweight core work and you get a little breather. I love that you can mix up the segments and make your own workout too. For me, it's a perfect workout for a cardio day. I love the background exercisers also, they are smiling and working hard, for some reason that pushes me to give it my all and I feel so accomplished when I'm done!

I feel the same way! In fact, today was a cardio day for me and I simply selected the 3 cardio segments on his DVD and got in a great sweat session. I mixed it with my own core/cardio circuit. It was a great combo. I've done this new workout now a handful of times and I like it more and more each time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.