Party Rockin Step #2

Hey Everyone!!!

Just did Party Rockin Step #2! I thought it would be a little bit easier because it isn't as dancie as Party Rockin Step #1, but I was wrong!

If you have done Cathe Live Step, it has Salute Lunges, and Burpees (on the Step, but not a lot).

If you are bored with your other Step Routines, do this one! But, be warned! Watch your feet because there are some parts that can trip you feet if you don't straddle the step long enough!

Jen Den

On PRS #2, Combo 4, it is pretty tricky because you are doing at the first a step behind and then a straddle step. That is what Cathe calls it in the DVD. When I first tried it, I was like how does Cathe gets her leg behind and then goes over the step to straddle.

If you have been doing Step, especially on Cathe Live, Cathe is a big fan of putting her leg behind and moving her arms in the beginning of the warm up. Since, I love Cathe Live Step, I have been practicing this without know this. Well, in Combo#4, that is what you do in the first part and then the next move is you go to the other direction and straddle the step. It is tricky, so be careful. If you aren't careful you can trip!

Now, I got the move down and it isn't dancey!

Jen Den

On PRS #2, Combo 4, it is pretty tricky because you are doing at the first a step behind and then a straddle step. That is what Cathe calls it in the DVD. When I first tried it, I was like how does Cathe gets her leg behind and then goes over the step to straddle.

If you have been doing Step, especially on Cathe Live, Cathe is a big fan of putting her leg behind and moving her arms in the beginning of the warm up. Since, I love Cathe Live Step, I have been practicing this without know this. Well, in Combo#4, that is what you do in the first part and then the next move is you go to the other direction and straddle the step. It is tricky, so be careful. If you aren't careful you can trip!

Now, I got the move down and it isn't dancey!

Jen Den

Ohhh that's great to know, so glad you posted.

I'll keep it in mind--I'm terribly clumsy o_O

One thing I noticed about falling, every time I do and I get back up I am amazed I haven't broke anything. And I can get up by myself up without help.

I haven't tripped on Cathe Step recently!

But, I took a walk a few weeks ago and it was on the road. It snowed that night and it was cold. There was a truck coming up and I went to get out of the way. The driveway was black and I thought it was good. But, it wasn't it had ice on it. I slipped and fell right on my butt. It was okay. I didn't bruise it or anything. It was like I sat on the ice after the fall. I made sure I could get up with no ice to slip on and got up and walked on!

I don't suggest anyone fall! But, I thank God, I haven't broken anything. I need to be more careful!

Jen Den

One thing I noticed about falling, every time I do and I get back up I am amazed I haven't broke anything. And I can get up by myself up without help.

I haven't tripped on Cathe Step recently!

But, I took a walk a few weeks ago and it was on the road. It snowed that night and it was cold. There was a truck coming up and I went to get out of the way. The driveway was black and I thought it was good. But, it wasn't it had ice on it. I slipped and fell right on my butt. It was okay. I didn't bruise it or anything. It was like I sat on the ice after the fall. I made sure I could get up with no ice to slip on and got up and walked on!

I don't suggest anyone fall! But, I thank God, I haven't broken anything. I need to be more careful!

Jen Den

Ouch! I'm so glad you weren't injured and didn't fall again or haven't broken anything. I've fallen on ice got back up only to fall again LOL. My neighbor saw me that time

I know what you mean about falling and being surprised nothing's broken. I slipped down a flight of stairs injuring my left rotator cuff. It had finally healed when I slid down a different flight of stairs in my house--both were slick wood steps--and tore it! So stupid. Thankfully that injury and a few broken toes & metatarsals from walking into things are the only serious injuries I've ever had.

Since a child I've constantly bumped into furniture and doorways or when bending down inevitably I crack my head getting up on a countertop or open cabinet door, etc. I'm my own side show ;)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.