Panasonic, Toshiba, or Sony?

I am about to purchase a 5 DVD changer for my new exercise room. My current DVD player has difficulty with some Cathe DVDs, so I want to try to pick something that will be more reliable.

There is a new Toshiba for $100 (SD-5915), a new Sony for $130 (DVP-NC675P), and a new Panasonic for $130 (DVD-F87S). None program across multiple DVDs, but all three are programmable for 1 DVD. I'm leary about the Panasonic because it's not clear that it will play DVD-R's that I make on my computer.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!

Nicole

I have a Toshiba SD-something or other. It is a 5 disc player and I bought it about 5 years ago (for about million dollars! Glad I have it, but wow, the prices sure have gone down). It has never once had a problem playing any of Cathe's DVDs, and I have them all. I NEVER use the preogramming feature, but with the possibility of no premixes, I'm so glad it has that capability. Let me run down and check the model number... Ok, it is SD-3205. As I said, it is older and I doubt they make it anymore, but I love it.

:)

I have a Sony 5 Disc DVD player(DVP-NC615) and it has played every Cathe DVD perfectly fine...including the Body Blast DVD's. Per Aquajock's posts I bought this DVD player on sale at Best Buy and it has been the best fitness purchase other than my Cathe DVD's. I enjoy it so much and it allows me so much variety in my workouts. I do use the programming feature. I have actually mixed matched to create my own workout from 5 disc's! You will love it! :7
Angela

As Angela mentioned, I also have a Sony 5-disker that we got on sale in December 2002. It was already obsolete by the time we bought it, and it works wonderfully with all of Cathe's dvds.

Sounds like the majors (Panasonic, Toshiba, Sony) all are comparable by now in terms of being glitch-free.

A-Jock

What about JVC?

Thanks for the feedback do far. It turns out that the units I mentioned in my first post are not programmable across 5 DVDs (according to the owner's manuals that I found online). They are programmable across a single DVD. I was able to find the Sony DVP-NC665P at Best Buy locally and a JVC FS-S77 at Crutchfield (this is a micro home theater system- it comes with 2 speakers and a radio). Both of these are programmable across 5 DVDs. I'm really interest in the JVC- for $20 more, I like the idea of getting speakers so I can use the system to play music when I have company. I'm going to test it with some of the Body Blasts. I can report back the results.

-Nicole

I LOVE my Toshiba DVD player. It's a combo VCR/DVD player and I've never had any problems playing Cathe DVDs!

:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.