P90X Shoulders and Arms

nancy156

Cathlete
Hi Everybody - Okay, I just did this workout for the first time (it's the only one I've bought so far in the series) and, I don't know, if my arms arent hurting in the AM it may be the last time I do this workout. I found Tony to be a bit, uh, corny and just not Cathe. I'm spoiled, I guess.

Alot of people don't like Tony. This workout was my favorite from P90X. I also had great results from my 1st P90X rotation. Yes, I am a huge Cathe fan but I feel P90X is a great compliment to Cathe's workouts...:)...Carole

Nancy,

I'm no help to you because I don't have this workout. I did bid on it last night on ebay and lost it (along with chest & back).
I was wondering if you could tell me what individual p90x workouts and shipping costs. I can't find it on their sight even thought I KNOW they can be bought separately.

Thank you & I wish for you DOMS this morning.;-) :eek:

Thank you Nancy but what do I click on? I must be missing something because I've had this page up before and all it does is take me to a package deal and Turbo Jam.....no single workouts, no prices.
I'm glad I stopped bidding last night after hearing what you paid. They guy who won shoulders & arms paid $19.50 plus $4.00 shipping. :eek:
Take care.

Sorry Becky - I've been trying to order an individual copy and I'm having no luck. I think there was a time that you couldn't order separately - maybe they've gone back to that? Someone else here should know.

Shoulders and Arms is my favoroite from the P90x Series, along with Plyox and Legs and back x. Tony doesn't bother me, but I know he does bother some people, because he's just nuts.;) Give it another try and think about what great sequencing the workout has. I wish Cathe would come out with this type of workout. Shoulders, biceps, triceps, repeat . You can lift so much heavier and get faster results.

> I wish Cathe would come out with
>this type of workout. Shoulders, biceps, triceps, repeat . You
>can lift so much heavier and get faster results.

I agree completely!

As for Tony, I've grown to like him. I had PHH before P90X, and he's even goofier in that one. After " spending 90 days+" with Tony in P90X, I grew to like him, and see him as kind of a goofy brother type. I can even stand him more in PHH.

You may actually NOT be as sore as you expect, because the sequence of the exercises and the stretch breaks, help clear lactic acid out of the muscles, and may lead to less DOMS.

Shoulders and Arms is (one of) my favorite P90X workouts!

Tony spoiled me for Cathe for quite a while, because I find his upper body workouts and core especially so much more effective.

Kathryn, I agree!

I really love his upper body work as well as legs and back. As I said in other posts, I'm lifting alot heavier than I have before, and this is just in the first month or so! I also really love Core Synergistics. I'm going to be curious to see how I feel when this 3 month rotation is over and I go back to Cathe.

As for Tony, he annoyed me at first but now I have come to see him as one of the dopey but basically loveable hockey jocks I hung out with at University :D

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

With all of your encouragement I guess I will have to try this workout a few more times. Yes, Kathryn, I'm sure you're right! There was plenty of stretching in this workout. I am feeling very slight DOMS now, nothing like Cathe, but it's probably due to all of that stretching. I'll give it another try with heavier weights and try to "turn" Tony off.

Thanks everybody!

> I'll give it another
>try with heavier weights and try to "turn" Tony off.
>

You actually can " turn him off" somewhat by choosing the " music and cues" audio option (if you have DVD). Unfortunately, it doesn't turn off some comments by a whiney background exerciser in one of the workouts(*I'm doing 15" nyah nyah nyah!)

Thank you so much! This one worked!!
They cost more than I thought , but I'll keep checking for a deal!:D

wow! fast response!
which ones are you going to order? i was thinking of upper body,core,and possibly yoga which i have never done but some members said that they loved it.

laura

no one has mentioned anything about legs. is that a great workout? if so i will get legs and back.

I heard the lowerbody workouts weren't as impressive as the upperbody. I'm interested in Shoulders and Arms and chest and back. Maybe the plyo or cardio as well. I haven't heard that much about those so far though.

good to know. i won't get the legs and back. people responded that they like the plyo-that it's really tough- but the cardio is not as good as cathe's and that p9ox is more effective for upper body than cathe.

I love Legs and Back X! This leg workout gives me DOMS more than any leg workout. I was sore for 3 days after doing it just last week, and I'd been doing Leaner Legs once a week prior to this. You use low weights or no weights and that's why I think people haven't got into it. Don't let that fool you though. It's a great workout and has some wonderful exercises in it. It's an ideal workout for those interested in freestyle.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.