P90X Results Advice etc etc...

pinkquinn

Cathlete
Hello

I am getting ready to start p90x TOMORROW!:eek: I finished STS Insanity and now am totally addicted to these video rotations

I went to the gym with dh and was surprised how hard my video workouts were compared to what I saw at the gym...and I am getting results, but I digress....

I am going to be putting on a bathing suite in 2 months...something I have not done since my first daughter was born seven years ago. Three babies later I need some advice to lose my last 6 ok..8 lbs. Think I can do it in 2 months?

What advice can graduates give me?

Did you follow the meal plann (looks complicated:confused:)

finally letting me know what your results were will give me the final push I need. Any imput would be appreciated.

Thanks
Paula

Back in January of 2007 I did my first (and only so far...) COMPLETE "classic" P90X rotation. I modified it a bit to suit me by adding in some cardio and some leg work. I got fantastic results. I only lost a pound or two but I leaned out incredibly well! My BF% got to it's lowest ever! I was THRILLED with the way I looked! I did not follow the diet plan but I DID watch my food intake like a hawk. It's the strictest I have EVER been with food. It worked and was well worth it at the time. I kept saying I would repeat the rotation but never did...until now...

I am about to begin week 2 or 3 of a "classic" P90X/Insanity mixed rotation where I am using the X weight work outs in conjunction with Insanity. I probably won't get the same great results considering the holidays are here and it seems all I am doing is EATING! :eek: I will be happy though if it keeps me from being disgusted with myself when I get on the scale or look in the mirror come January 2, 2010. :p

Good luck with your rotation! I am sure you'll do great! Hope you enjoy it! A lot of people find Tony Horton annoying but I personally think he's a crack up :D ...and not hard on the eyes either! ;)

My P90X rotation gave me the best arms and upper body I've ever had (in fact, it worked a bit too well, as I had to buy new bras because my lats got big enough to need a larger band size).

The only thing I would watch for is that for some people--such as myself--the lower-body work is not sufficient (I lost the lift to my booty, which is hard for me to maintain anyway. I had to do a rotation of Firm Transfirmer workouts to get it back). Part-way through the rotation, I started adding heavy Rockit squats to the Back/Biceps workout (in place of the bicep work), but if I/when I do it again, I'll add in another, short, lower-body day using Cathe or Firm workouts.

Definitely do the Classic or the Doubles rotation, the Lean rotation is somewhat imbalanced.

I didn't follow the diet plan at all, but I did add a post-workout recovery drink (a chocolate soy-milk that had pretty much the same macro-nutrient break-down as the BB recovery drink).

I also found I needed extra sleep (at night and/or naps) the first two weeks of the rotation, until my body adapted. Since you've already done STS, you may have gone through that already.

HTH!

Last edited:
I completed a classic P90 X rotation. As Kathryn has already stated, I found that I had to add extra lower body workouts to the P90 rotation. Two weeks into the rotation, I stopped doing the second back (BacK and legs) workout. I just did the leg part and then subbed in my own leg workouts for the back exercises. The one thing that did improve was the number of unassisted pullups I could do!

I did not do the YogaX- it ws too long for my taste- (90 minutes!) I used other shorter yoga workouts. His "Patience Hummingbird" or "Fountain of Youth" workouts from his One on One series) are good and much shorter.

I did not follow the suggested diet but I eat clean 98% of the time.

In terms of leg and shoulder developement - I got much better results with Insanity.

Hi Pinkquinn. That was the very first 3 month rotation I did, I lost a lot of weight did not follow the diet 100% but I picked some foods, the easy one, and eat that way for the entire rotation. I got slim and loved it... good luck pinkquinn.:D

Fit Mommy
Thanks for your input I read your daiy check in challenge thingy and I respect your advice

kathyn
I remember what you said about the butt thing and that is my trouble spot I am thinking of adding leaner legs/butts and guts once a week. Boy did I nap with STS!! hoping I paid my dues already

regina
Thanks for your input...really you thought insanity was better for the shoulders? Hmm I will have to let you know how this goes for me. My goal from this rotation is 10 unassisted pull up!!:cool:

Eunice...I did not know you got such great results I will send you some pictures...do you know where I can find one of those bathing suites that help my poor utters (I mean boobs:p) with extra cup support, without looking like a mom swim suite?

Well guys here I gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...btw my dh got me a killer stand alone pull up bar like the tony uses from craigs list for CHEAP!
It makes my living room look..well like a gym, but it is a LIVINGroom right?

umm that was really hard. I was cooked half way through it, and I can hardly use my arms.:)

I love this stuff! I missed wieght work too. I feel great!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.