p90x push up bar or bands?

aseay

Cathlete
is one better than the other,for back? i was also cosidering using bands in chest/shoulders/tri. is that too much?

laura

I used both. I used the bands to help support my weight for modified pull-ups. That worked great for my back...entire upper body, actually!

Were you thinking of using bands instead of dumbbells for chest, shoulders and tri's?

yes, i was going to use bands for chest/shoulder/tri.

i was thinking of doing:
shoulders/arms with dumbells
chest/back bands
chest/shoulder/tri bands
back/bi dumbells

i also ordered legs/back. can't wait to get it.i am not sure how to fit that in with rotation.

laura

Did you mean pull-up bar rather than "push-up bar"? I don't see how push-up bars and back work go together.

I also don't understand the 'too much' in your question about using bands in chest/shoulders/tri. There is a background exerciser who shows how to use the bands.

yes,i meant pull up bar. i read in past posts that p90x is for men. its hard to explain but the bands look harder than dumbells and maybe they are too hard for a women. i wonder if thats why p90x is more for men.i don't want to look like a body builder.

laura

P90X is not for men!! I am doing my third rotation. I love what it has done for my body. I use dumbells for the wt exercises and I do have a pullup bar. Didn't have one for the first rotation (used Lat pulldowns and other back exercises). I have heard plenty say you don't need the pullup bar that the bands work great. If you are and advanced exerciser ready to step it up a bit, don't be afraid to take the challenge. BB has a questionairre that you can take to determine if you may be ready for P90X.

HTH
Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

i have been doing p90x for a month and seen awesome results. it almost seems like you really do not have to do much cardio if you got p90x. i will start using bands. i did find it funny that some people said its more for men when men do the workout! i also work retail so i do alot of walking. i usually do his weights twice a week,cardio 1x,legs1x,coresynergistics 1x,and kb 1x. sometimes,though,i am too tired for cardio.

laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.