P90X or the New Cathe Series

Jordan....
You are very much right. I guess I have P90X on the brain right now. It is just that I love it so much, I can't imagine others not liking it.

I think those of us that just fell in love with it are Catheites who have been doing Cathe for a Loooonnngggg time. As others have said, not only are our bodies used to Cathe workouts, but so are our minds. It just feels great to push to the absolute max and get results like we never dreamed of. Those of us that are loving P90X were bored with Cathe. Don't take that the wrong way though, Cathe is still my favoritest!!!:) But, everything gets dull eventually.......

Do you guys agree, old timers?:)

I'm not an old Catheite, but I have been working out for a long time and I love that just when I think I know all I could know, I find something new that works for me. I think it could be that way with P90X. I think people found something different that works for them and it's great when you cannot only feel the difference but see the difference!! I haven't even done P90X yet, but I know when I did try Cathe I did get great results and still do. I agree with you that it's nice to mix things up a little. To each his own, if you think that trying P90X might be the thing for you, by all means go ahead. Cathe got that body by trying different things and working out hard! So if there is still enough variation with Cathe's videos for you, by all means stay with it, if not try P90X until her new stuff comes out. Either way good working out!!!

I agree Janice I get bored very easily.But that don't mean that I don't like the instructor any less I just perfer variety.Today I did ps chest and tricep -shoulders and firm classic vol 3 I love the leg work in this one.Next week I'll go back to p90x.I say get p90x if you want to work hard and gain muscles. cathe's probaly 6months before they arrive.I love p90x it wipes me out.I have been able to totally up all my wts the break in the exercises help so much.I usually can do 30 pushups on my toes it never goes below 25 and pullups are usually 6 unassisted and 6 assisted.I salute anyone who thinks these are easier dvd's I hope one day I can say that.:D Right now I think the series is evil}(

No worries Janice,

I guess I was looking to shake things up after ten years of Cathe (+). P90X sounded like a good alternative, so I researched and bought.

So far nothing. I have seen some losses in stregnth and cardio. And I miss the fun factor. But I like the workouts and will give them a fair chance. I could mix workouts but I want to evaluate them by themselves to get a true outcome. Maybe the results are less extaordinary for me because I have done alot of these exercises before. To me the exercises aren't innovative.

I even added the nutrition plan recently.....YUM. I am exhausted from the planning, shopping, cooking, eating (yes even eating), and constant cleaning of the kitchen. The first week, my husband would come home and say "This is restuarant food" as he drooled over the table. The second week he asked me to stop feeding him. I felt chained to the kitchen. It was all I could do to fit in my workouts. I was more exhausted from cooking than working out. Ugh, I don't even want to discuss the food bill. But I'm worth it and my husband supports me. I will have to modify the nutrtion plan because I have to work and I don't have Emeril's staff.

Ok I got off track...I just want to encourage everyone cause finding time for fitness is hard. So enjoy your workouts and do what's right for you.

Hi Janice! Yes I totally agree w/you 100%. I've been w/Cathe for going on 13 years now & its just too much endurance. I either had to develop my own workout routine using Cathe's exercises or upping the intensity either using more reps or weight & I still looked the same BTW. How many of those low-ends can you do; Cathe was already up to 7 for 2 or 3 sets if my memory is right. Just overkill IMO. Tony gets the job done in record time. Cathe will always be my favorite for her wonderful wit/style/fashion/music/stage set, etc. Have I said enough? Tony does take a bit of getting used to; very gym style setting & the music PPLLEEAASSEE!!! its awful & totally unmotivating but its the workout that's wonderful & the intensity; he's kicking my butt! & in a good way. Don't anybody come in here & trash me please for just stating my opinion as Janice has. I'll always LOVE Cathe & I did state in another thread that it would be a dream come true if I could do Tony & Cathe both in my rotation & its now coming true! Kathy:D

Kathy, I'm laughing cause I LOVE P90X's music!! It was a main factor in my buying it initially. The great workouts were just a plus. LOL

Odd how we all can be so different! :D

>Hi Janice! Yes I totally agree w/you 100%. I've been
>w/Cathe for going on 13 years now & its just too much
>endurance. I either had to develop my own workout routine
>using Cathe's exercises or upping the intensity either using
>more reps or weight & I still looked the same BTW. How many
>of those low-ends can you do; Cathe was already up to 7 for 2
>or 3 sets if my memory is right. Just overkill IMO. Tony
>gets the job done in record time. Cathe will always be my
>favorite for her wonderful wit/style/fashion/music/stage set,
>etc. Have I said enough? Tony does take a bit of getting
>used to; very gym style setting & the music PPLLEEAASSEE!!!
>its awful & totally unmotivating but its the workout that's
>wonderful & the intensity; he's kicking my butt! & in a good
>way. Don't anybody come in here & trash me please for just
>stating my opinion as Janice has. I'll always LOVE Cathe & I
>did state in another thread that it would be a dream come true
>if I could do Tony & Cathe both in my rotation & its now
>coming true! Kathy:D
>
>

Prior to P90X, Cathe's strength workouts were my primary strength workouts. Kathy, like you, I pretty much created my own workouts, using the pause button on my VCR because I kept trying to make Cathe's workouts work for me. Thanks to P90X, I have accepted Cathe's workouts as they are, endurance type workouts. My body responds much better to heavier weights and P90X is perfect for me. When I'm ready to rotate my current schedule with endurance training, I will do a Cathe rotation.

I also love the music! The music always gets me totally pumped up to work out.

>There's music???
>
>
>
>:)

I think it's pretty unobtrusive for the most part. After doing a P90X workout, I couldn't tell you what the music is like. But that's a GOOD thing, IMO, because that means it's not obnoxious. And not having it so predominant makes it easier to do your own reps at your own speed.

Love it? Hate it? Neither. It's just there.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.