P90X Opinions

Cole7626

Cathlete
I was thinking about getting the P90X system and I wanted all of your input on it. Did you notice big changes and was it worth the money? I only do Cathe DVD's right now because I have almost all of them. I haven't mastered all of them but I just thought I would throw my body a curve ball. Thanks ahead of time for the input,

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

DUDE!!! If you do a search under P90X you will find a bazillion threads with everyone's opinion on P90X! :D

Believe me, for a while there, it took up pretty much the whole first page here.

YES, it's worth the money!! IMO, it's a great value for the number of good workouts you get in the set. I noticed marked improvements in my upper body muscle and strength. I think the P90X workouts also work as a nice complement to Cathe's.

Definitely do a search here, but also check out the reviews at VF, as well. There are reviews of the series as a whole, and the individual workouts. Here are links:
http://www.videofitness.com/reviews/horton-p90x.php
http://www.videofitness.com/instructors/beachbody.php

Yup, it's worth the money. A group of us just started a second round. Feel free to join us on the Check-in forums under "X-ers".

Have fun!
Sandra

After doing the program I would buy it again for 10 times what I paid for it. So, yes - for me it was that good!!

BTW - here's a coupon code for 10% off beachbody products - DVDSERT. Another poster on sparkpeople sent me this so I hope it is still good.

Happy muscle building

Angie

Nicole,
I am currently in Phase 2...I have about 20 lbs. I want to lose and have not seen the scale move much, but I'm getting visible results. In the past month alone, I lost 7.5 inches. IMO, it's a GREAT program to add to your repertoire. You almost feel like Tony is your PT and you're at a *real* gym with *real* people. No one's wearing a color-coordinated outfit and everyone works at their own pace to achieve their own goals. I also love that there's a little countdown clock on the TV screen, so you know how much time is left for the exercise and for the workout overall. I love my Cathe workouts, but I'm *very* happy I invested in the X.

-Cathy :)

I have mixed feelings about it....it's good overall, but the yoga is too long, I dont have a pull up bar and cant do one anyways. I got bored with the monotony of all the pullups and pushups. Ab Ripper X is great, the arms workout was good. The cardio and leg worout were just okay in my opinion. I think they're great to incorporate with other workouts but I couldnt stand doing these longer than 2-3 weeks.

The X is an awesome set if you are looking for change in your upper body and core! It will also help to define your legs but it's BIG focus is upper body. I am in week 12 and I am THRILLED with my results. It's HARD work though so be prepared!!!

I did not follow the X eating plan. If I did I am sure my results would be 10 fold what they are now!!!! I am VERY happy! Sure it can get boring doing the same bunch of work outs for 3 months and for me, lifting heavy for this long has worn me out but I think this is where you need to call on your inner-strength and just do it! You have to work for what you want!

Also, don't be afraid to substitute a bit. I changed up the cardio, I do Cathe's ab work in place of ARX from time to time, I shortened up Yoga X and subbed in other yogas for it when I felt the need and I added an extra leg day (Cathe) in to my rotation. There is definately room to make little changes w/o changing the core of the program if that is what you need to do to make it through. It is definately worth the money. This program is SERIOUS!!!!}(

JMO ofcourse!:)

Hi-

For me, I thought it was great for visible gains in the back, bis and tris. I didn't care much for the leg or cardio workouts in the series.

I am glad I bought it, and still use it on occasion for variety, but Cathe workouts will always be the central focus of my at home workout program.

Lynn M.

Yes! I'm so :) this question was posed this AM. Have been thinking x( about buying this set of wo's.
Gayle your links just sold me!
I'm wondering if the set sells for less is ordered during an info-mercial?
I would enjoy joining the X'ers when I get them.
I need a change up from Cathe at this time. Although she is my ultimate hero in fitness!;-) IMO No man could ever take her place!

I'm not sure how much it's selling for now. I bought it a couple of weeks ago for my dh over the internet. The expedited shipping was included for free. Just beware with their checkout set-up. They don't show you the entire balance with normal shipping included in the total until after you click to purchase. I HATE their check-out system too. Also, I tried the coupon code and it didn't work. Maybe your coupon code is different. Be careful if they offer you extra deals, if you click yes, you automatically buy it before seeing the total price. And, you have to go through all the added advertising offers before you even get to the shipping pages or the confirmation page. If you don't make it to the confirmation page, you WON'T get a confirmation email. I ended up having to call BB the next day to find out what exactly I had ordered. I ordered on a Sunday and received it on a Wednesday the following week.

I currently started an X rotation as of Monday. I've had the series for a couple of years but never did a rotation of the workouts. After watching the infomercial this weekend I got the bug. I plan on loosely following the meal plan, as I already cook healthy low-fat meals. Incidentally, I've made some recipes in the book and they're pretty yummy!

One word of advice. The toughest workout in the series, IMO, is Chest and Back. I hated doing this workout until I invested in assisted pull up bands. I attach them to my pull up bar and they made a world of difference. They really help you build the back muscles needed to achieve a pull up. If you google Iron Woody they have the package at their website.

Thank you all for the input.
I wonder if the dyna bands can be used in lieu of the exer-tube thingies?:7

I will check into the pull up bands. I already have a pull up bar. Not sure I can do more than 2 pull ups.:-(

I just placed my order. See you X-er's on the boards soon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.