P90X - cannot order if you live in UK!

icklemoley

Cathlete
I have been trying to order the P90X but am told that the only way i can order is by giving my credit card details over in e-mail! They cannot take phone orders from the UK and need my credit card information in e-mail. No fax. No phone. Just e-mail. Clearly i'm not going to do this as e-mail is not a secure form of communication, even though this company clearly states "it is secure". I think not. Sigh.

This is very poor service and i'm very unhappy.

Wayne.

I'm so sorry Wayne.

I live in the Netherlands and couldn't order either. But Macska was so very kind to let me use her address in the USA for delivery. Using my own credit card was absolutely no problem then.

Dutchie

I saw P90X on E Bay a couple of days ago. They didn't have the books though. I don't know if it is what you would want to do. I wasn't sure if I would trust it. They were selling each DVD in a plain case.
Diane Sue

Wayne, I'm sorry this is the only option they offer you. I'm surprised they can't at least accomodate you via fax. In this day and age with communications around the globe as advanced as they are, you would think they'd get with the program already. I'm not sure I'd feel secure giving my credit card number in an email either, unless I had already done so with a specific company and I knew it was secure. I haven't heard very good things about the customer service with respect to ordering P90X as it is, so I hope you find another way to order from them.

Carol
:)

I live in the Netherlands too and I ordered P90x. I gave my cc number devided over 2 emails. So if someone can get to the info in the email they only have half the number. I did get a 15% discount as I emailed them the newsletter I received that contained the discount.

Before I ordered I emailed Amber Otto about the issue and she said I could also fax them.
I find it strange though, they have a great looking website but when it comes to ordering it is very primitive compared to for example Cathe's website or Cksales. I can't be that hard to set up the website for Int. orders. I think they loose a lot of business because of it.

Wayne you've been told a pack of lies. You are right not to send your credit details by e-mail (it's almost as bad as taping them to your front door!) but they can and do take orders over the telephone. I and others in the UK have ordered from Beachbody in this way so it looks like you have been a victim of their notorious customer service.

First I suggest you write to Amber Otto and complain. She is the Director of Customer Relations Management at Beachbody.com. Her e-mail address is [email protected]

Next, e-mail [email protected] and ask them for a quote and a telephone number you can use to place your order by phone. If you keep getting through to a total nonce then complain to Amber again. You could always get one of these temporary credit card numbers but again, do you really want to send that by e-mail? Of course not. By the way, Amber clearly stated that we are also entitled to the same (current) newsletter discount as anybody else. So, if there's a discount going on P90X at the time, make sure you mention it.

Be grateful we can't order via their Web site. The site has a habit of taking your payment and sending you the goods even if you don't press submit. It's been going on for months and seems to happen when you choose the split payment option. On the plus side, when their customer service is good, it's just fine. Amber definitely seems to go the extra mile for a lot of people. You will also get it in just a few days but be prepared for the handling charges.
ATB,
- Lisa :)

Thanks so much for this information. I really appreciate it. Before i order, and i will finally order, but not by e-mail, so i'll keep on complaining! Is this program good? P90X?

Thanks so much again.

Wayne.

Wayne,
So sorry to hear about your P90X woes....but I am sure Amber will do everything she can to accomodate you. It seems like Beach Body has either amazing service (like a received) or just flat out horrible. Luck of the draw I guess.

Is P90X worth it? Oh you bet it is. It is a very effective, very innovative workout series. I have never followed a rotation in the last 20 something years of working out, but love the P90X rotations. I am about to start Phase 3 of the Classic rotation and will start the Lean rotation when I am finished with Classic. It took a year to design and test these workouts and it's very obvious. Very well thought out and unique! I sound like an infomercial:)

So hang in there....it will all be worth it once you receive it!

Now if we can just get Cathe and Tony to do a series together.....(I can dream, can't I?)}(

Ciao,

Rhonda

I'm in the UK, and recently ordered P90X and the Power Half Hour series (found that P90X is too advanced for me at the moment; really love the upper body half hour workout). Anyway, I ordered by email and had no problems. After all the complaints that I read about Beachbody, I wasn't expecting the DVDs to arrive very quickly, but both times, they arrived in 1-2 weeks, so I've been really pleased.

I understand why you might not feel safe ordering by email, but I've done this lots of times, and never had a problem.

Sharon

>I'm in the UK, and recently ordered P90X and the Power Half
>Hour series (found that P90X is too advanced for me at the
>moment; really love the upper body half hour workout). Anyway,
>I ordered by email and had no problems. After all the
>complaints that I read about Beachbody, I wasn't expecting the
>DVDs to arrive very quickly, but both times, they arrived in
>1-2 weeks, so I've been really pleased.
>
>I understand why you might not feel safe ordering by email,
>but I've done this lots of times, and never had a problem.
>
>Sharon

Sharon, I don't wish to make you feel bad but it really, really, really is a very bad idea to send your credit card details by e-mail. There are too many ways to for a person with bad intentions to read e-mail. Yes even in an office which sits behind a firewall. I'm very glad you have had a good experience though.
ATB,
- Lisa :)
(qualified IT geek)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.