OxyPowder--LauraMax

crazystepr

Cathlete
After reading a previous post about internal cleansing products (is that what I should call them...???:) ) and hearing that Laura swears by OxyPowder, I decided to buy it. Only thing is, I'm terrified to try it. Will it make me sick and uncomfortable?

I've been so tired for the past couple months, my whole body aches, and I'm constantly sick. After going to the doctor numerous times and finding nothing wrong, I've decided to take this into my own hands and try anything to relieve my exhaustion and misery. Why not try this? Do you think it will help? At this point I'll do anything to feel better. I can get 8, 9, 10 hours of sleep a night and still be a zombie the next day. I wake up dozens of times at night and have horrible night sweats. Can anybody relate? I need help...

Allison

I've used Oxypowder before and like it, but it has a rather strong laxative effect, which will make you need to be near a bathroom if you take too much (you take it at night, and will feel 'the urge' the next day...perhaps several times).

For me, the 5 capsule dose is too much (at risk of TMI: I like have BM's that are somewhat solid, and 5 pills--which I used the first time I used it--takes me out of my comfort zone)! I recommend starting with 2 pills each evening, then after 3 days, go to 3. If that's working, try 4, up to 5 a day. If you get to the point where things are 'too intense,' back off again.

I think you can get the same benefits from taking less over a longer time period than by taking the recommended dose for the alloted time.

Kathryn has it pretty much right. The first week or so you use it you will probably have to stay near the facilities most of the day, most especially right after meals. ;-) After my body adjusted to it I typically get it all over with first thing in the morning.

It will not make you sick, but when the urge comes it comes fast so you have to be prepared. And hopefully you have facilities that are far away from other humans in your house.

Probably TMI but it truly is a delightfully cleansing experience. :p

That said, I don't think it'll help with the issues you seem to be having. It helps me w/constipatiion, which is fairly common for someone on Atkins, & it's a great colon cleanser. But I don't see it alleviating your exhaustion or feeling sick. Has your dr. checked your thyroid? Have you seen a nutritionist? Have you gotten a second opinion? I don't want to be an alarmist but your symptoms could be an indication of any number of illnesses & should definitely be addressed.

I just ordered the complete cleansing kit! I am always super regular, but noticed lately, not so much, this should put me back on "track".
I used to take Cascara Sagrada for the occasional "back-up" but it can be a little harsh.
Thanks LauraMax!

This is a different suggestion for helping with getting things moving - I have a rebounder (mini trampoline) and I'll tell you after bouncing on it for a very short while, it gets things moving. That and my green smoothie in the morning.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.