Over 40 ladies poll

I'm 47 and I do both.

I run, I do all the blasts in workouts that use HiiT and intervals. I also powerwalk a lot, so that's low.

I have found, though, that whole the impact of step blasts ans running doesn't bother me, a hi/lo floor workout does. it just no longer feels comfortable.

Clare

I'm 47. I have 1 bad knee (post ACL repair) and 2 bad ankles (previous BAD sprains). I can do 1 or maybe 2 high impact workouts a week, max . I modify a lot of moves, though. There are a few moves I substitute for as I feel that they are too risky for me.

I do love the high impact workouts, though. I HATE getting older!

Hi, I'm almost 56 and there are no Cathe dvds I won't do! Doesn't mean I don't pay for it sometimes, knees are not what they used to be! What the heck, it is worth it!!!!

I do both, but probably more high-impact (running, step, HIIT, plyo work) than low-impact. I am quick to hit the bike if I feel any twinges though.

I just turned 52 and my joints feel better than they did in my twenties, when I was diagnosed with arthritis in both my knees. I attribute this to consistent weight workouts for my lower body and the mixed impact cardio work. Seems counter-intuitive, but it works for me.

40, and I do both. I do, however, keep an eye on times/week and try to insert a low impact or full weight day so I am not doing high impact more than three or so times a week, and not back-to-back days. Really, what I have the most problems with are my wrists, rather than my knees. I have to be super careful on exercises I do with my wrists and giving my wrists at least 24 hours rest between weight/body weight days. I do have a problem with my left IT band, have had it for years.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.