Outdoor workouts~HELP

miss76

Does anyone have some great non-weight workouts to do(interval style, lower body focus)outside at/around a track??? I'm sure there are some posted here somewhere but I have not been able lo locate any...TIA

I've been known to do this one every now and again.

100 walking lunges
100 side to side squat leaps (50 each side)
10 sets of bleacher runs, walk back down if I need a recovery.
10 sets of 15 frog hops (with butt DEEP down) going up the bleachers
side-to-side gallops bottom to top of bleachers (gallop in one direction, step up, go the other way, step up, etc. I go for two of my bleacher "sections" in one direction then step up.)
100 squat / side leg raises (50 each side)
finish with 100 more wallking lunges and 8 more sets of bleacher runs.

I have a couple of workouts. You can change around the exercises to meet your goals.

75 Jumping Jacks
800m run (2x around a normal track)
35 lunges
50 Squats
20 Squat Thrusts
400m Run (1x around track)
100 push ups
100 sit ups
200m Run

400m Run
5 Bleacher Runs
25 Step ups
25 Walking Lunges (25 each leg)
25 Jump Squats
25 Squats
100 Jump Rope
25 Push ups
25 Sit ups
25 Squats
5 Bleacher Runs
400m Run

(This one is my favorite)
200m Run
2x Bleacher Run
20 Squats
400m Run
4x Bleacher Run
40 Jump Squats
600m Run
6x Bleacher Run
60 Step Ups
800m Run
8x Bleacher Run
80 Push ups

Have fun!

Don't forget, for an added lower impact style, you can always put on your weighted vest (remembering to add the weight onto your body weight for your hrm, to get the true calorie burn;)).

I like to do laps interspersed with jump rope (with or without a rope.) It makes me feel like I'm training for a fight. :p I love bleachers too, I noticed those were mentioned. Outside is great for those walking lunges, no furniture to get in the way. I always like some high knees or some butt kicks for emphasis. I like to do intervals of a minute higher intensity/speed and then walk it or jog it down and do it again. I like variety.

I remember when I was a teen, I used to do a workout I found in a magazine.

200 m. run
(front lunges, side lunge, back lunge)
then do the other side/leg:
(front lunges, side lunge, back lunge)
Do it 20 times each leg.

Rinse and repeat until you are a sweaty mess. :eek:

These days, I am fond of Cathe's plie squats and also squat/kicks (side or front.) I also like to jog and do speed bag arms. I think thats the inner boxer coming out:p

If you are feeling adventurous and there is no one behind you, you might try jogging backwards a little bit for variety. I should warn you, this can produce doms. I do it on hills sometimes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.