Our Mini-Road Trip to the Mall

H

honeybunch

I just got back from a mall walk-shopping trip-lunch with Deb H and Erica!!!!! What fun! Deb & I drove to the mall, walked through the door and there was Erica waving to us like she knew what we looked like!!!!! I was blown away! I guess we REALLY get to know each other on these forums!
wink.gif

We had a good walk....I introduced them to the joys of mall walking (it's not just for senior citizens), and showed them that you can indeed get a good work out that way. That plus window shopping. Then we shopped, and went to Applebee's to chow down.

Thank you, ladies, for a wonderful morning!!! We'll have to do it again sometime!!

I'm glad that I have two WONDERFUL new friends!!! I don't get out to do stuff like this too often, but I'm glad I'm breaking out of my routine and doing something adventureous for a change.
happy.gif

Heeeey, Honeybunch!!!!

OK, I just got back from FLA. at 5:30 this morning and I'm just now starting to feel alive again. WHEW! What a roadtrip! Anyway, I just read that you're in OH. Me, too!! But I've got to say, I've never heard of where you're at! That's pretty pathetic of me since I've lived here all my life. You like to walk too, huh? Maybe oneday we can all meet and do the mallwalk? let me know. Thanks!!

Where are we?

Deb H and I are in the Canton area, and Erica is in the Chardon area. We walked at a mall in the fringes of Akron.
happy.gif
So where are y'all?
happy.gif

Poor Erica had to drive an hour to get to the mall. We got her aired out good before we sent her home.
wink.gif

Well I'm a little farther south,

I live in Columbus. Poor Erica! I can relate to the driving part right now. It sounds like y'all took good care of her though. And Applebee's afterwards! Have you ever had their Mudslide or Hot Poppers? Those are awesome!!

Hi Honeybunch!

What a fun morning! I emailed you and Debbie - I only have your Smuckers email address though.
Thanks for a great day - definitely worth the drive. By the way, you make AWESOME cookies!!
Erica

What A Blast!!

It was too neat. I got to meet another Cathe fan! Thanks Erica & HoneyBunch for such a fun time. Like you said HB, it was just like being with somebody we already knew meeting Erica for the 1st. time. I could get used to the mall walk thing. HoneyBunch, you sure kept us going. Thank goodness, because 2 of those cookies were gone by the time I drove into my driveway. YUMMM!!
wink.gif
They were so good. David didn't have any trouble getting 2 of them down when he saw them either. Don't think Jonathan will get one at this rate!! I just got in from a very nice dinner out with my best friend (my hubby) celebrating our 28th. anniversary. Boy, what a day it's been. Thanks you guys for making it fun and thanks Cathe for the friendships that come from such a neat & caring place!!!

DebbieH

Aimee!

We'd love for you to join us anytime. Just let us know if you ever get up this way or maybe part way and we can all do a roadtrip. There's always room for one more!

DebbieH

hey!

If I had known there were going to be COOKIES involved, I would've made the drive!! It only would've been 4 hours or so!

I went to the mall today too, and did the force-your-8-year-old-daughter-into-the-fitting-room-with-40-pairs-of-jeans workout.

She and I and 5 pairs of jeans made it out alive. Even without the benefit of cookies. I was just about ready to send her to third grade in her pajamas. Some cookies really would've helped ME today. Hmmph.

Everyone has their price.....

....and I guess yours is cookies!

Erica and Deb did not have to try on jeans to earn their cookies....they just had to walk for 30 minutes. And NOT at the "William Tell Overture" pace...a little slower. For a cake you have to walk at the faster pace.
wink.gif

How fast do you drive, Miss Susan? I looked at a map to see where your town is, and I wonder about the 4 hour drive time. It took us 5 hours to get to my son's house in Indianapolis, and I see you're quite a ways west. I looks more like a six hour drive. Which way would you come if you were headed to our neck of the woods?

the drive

actually, HB, I didn't even glance at a map. . . I just totally guessed. . . So you are probably right that it is closer to 6 hours. They'd better be some MIGHTY fine cookies for a total of 12 hours on the road. However, you never know what a crazy vidiot will do. . . About a year and a half ago I went to a VF get-together on the far NW side of Chicago, a 3 1/2 hour drive for me. So that day I spent a total of 7 hours on the road! And did you know that driving through an unfamiliar big city (esp. Chicago) in the dark alone is a scary thing??
happy.gif

Well, dearie,...

......we'll just have to work on this!!! It certainly looks like you're up to the challenge, so I'll have to come with some whiz-bang cookies to make you want to meet us half-way! Anybody who would drive to Chicago solo has got my admiration!
happy.gif
Anything is possible, you know!
happy.gif

Hey Erica!

I never received an E-mail from you??? Maybe you left out the #1 in my address? A lot of people do. Thanks again for a fun time.

DebbieH

Hey Susan!

We'd love to meet you 1/2 way some time. That would be a riot. You are right when you say us vidiots are crazy, but HEY, for another friend, it's worth it! Let's think about trying it sometime. Who knows, maybe I'd even break down & bake a few cookies!
happy.gif

DebbieH

Susan P, the $64,000.00 question is...

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-00 AT 08:26PM (EST)</font></center>

....does Richmond, IN ( the home of Susan P's family) have a MALL???????!!!!! We need a mall to take our walk, you know! With a food court!!! We need our coffee with our cookies.
happy.gif

If not, what town closest to Richmond has a mall?
This is looking serious!! We need to do something before the snow flies.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Warning for Susan!!

Susan,
If you arrange any kind of get-together with honeybunch you want to start training for it now. Man, can she walk fast! My shin/calf area is still sore!!! I'm going to have to get in shape for next time!!
Erica

I actually had an old couple look over their ....

...shoulders in fear because they thought I was going to run them over!!! Of course I didn't. This will now dispells any notions that walking is not a good cardio workout!
wink.gif

Erica, I didn't do my normal shin warm-up because I didn't know how fast we'd be walking. I'll stand on a step an lower my heels up and down for about 5 minutes, then stretch out the front of my legs by pointing m toes. Next time we'll have to take the time to do that.

Road trip envy.

Hello!

You all are having such fun. AWWW, I want some Cathe-buddies...I do have a CB in my hubby who enjoys the tapes as well, but hangin with the girls is a whole different vibe! Especially Cathe crazed ones! It is fun to hear about your escapades. Keep up the fun. DebD

Hi Deb!

Wish you could join us because it WAS fun!! Where do you live? I wish more people would fill in their bio's so we can be nosey
wink.gif
and read up on everyone. I LOVE reading other's bios just to find out a bit about them. As soon as I get SMART enough, I PLAN to enter my pix. I had several people tell me how too, (NancyC. I think) I just need to look up that old post and figure it all out. Sorry for rambling, Deb. If you EVER get near the Ohio area, let us know!!!

DebbieH

Deb D where are you?/

There might be some Cathe-ites in your area, you never know!!

To the Buckeye contingent, there is a mall in Richmond but it is very tiny. . . Isn't there a nice mall in Dayton?? That would be 3 hours from home but only 1 from my mom and dad's!

I'm almost sure Dayton...

....has to have a mall!!! That would be a good meeting city!!! What do you think, Deb H?
happy.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.