other fitness-focus forums?

I enjoy these forums so much! I usually check in at least 3-5 times a week and gain so much reading the postings. I was wonder what other fitness-related forums that people use regularly. I tried a search on this topic but it didn't come up with much. Thanks for your input!

That's so weird you wrote that because I've been thinking the same thing the past few days.

I used to teach at The Firm, so I occasionally check out ezboard Firm Ya Yas, but it's not really what I need now. So much knowledge and wisdom on Cathe's site, but Cathe's the best vid-wise!

I have visited oxygenmag.com's message board a few times, but you have to watch the some of the excessive-overboard training/dieting that goes on there. Pretty much sift out the real (non-pill-popping) posts. You can do it if you have time/desire.

So, yes, any other good sites/forums with educated, balanced and *healthy* discussions?

I like Video Fitness Forum because they do tend to talk about a lot of instructors and workouts besides Cathe, which is interesting if you're looking for variety. Also, their boards are pretty strictly moderated so most of the topics are fitness-related (but not all). That can be appealing at times. However, some of the people there are anti-Cathe for some reason, and that can be really offputting.

I love the Cathe forum for the people, the support, and sometimes even the silliness, but I do wish at times we made a better effort to facilitate the fitness-related topics rather than the controversial ones, you know what I mean?

Marie

Sometimes I like to cruise through the Beachbody forums, although It can be hard to navigate at times. http://forums.beachbody.com/eve/ubb.x The P90X section is the best IMO.

Also, I just found this forum Elite Pysique http://msfit.musclemag.com/index.php?s=91479c78d8d296e52d9e17d0ebf52ff1

I also check out Video Fitness and the yaya's sometimes.

I'm trying to limit my time to just one or two sites, because I can spend waaaaaay to much time reading forums. LOL! And the crazy thing is, it seems like it's all the same people saying the same stuff.

If I tell you, you have to promise not to leave us for good ok? : )

videofitness.com
sparkpeople.com
bodybuilding.com

I'm surprised there aren't more "Check-Ins" groups here if everyone likes this forum so much. I mean compared to the many "Check-Ins" that videofitness.com has. Just a thought.

I've been part of a Check-in & Challenge at videofitness.com for almost two years, and it's the first forum I check every day. Then I come over here and see what's happening. I consider myself a VFer, but am definitely not anti-Cathe! If I have questions, I usually post the same question at both forums. I asked for inspiration the other day, helping me get out of bed in the morning to work out, and asked at both forums. Got lots of encouragement from everybody!

Gisela

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.