OT - Home Microdermabrasion

tiredmom

Has anyone tried any of the home microdermabrasion machines like Youthful Essence, the one Susan Lucci promotes? I'm wondering if they're any good.

I had a coupon, so I tried the Oil of Olay one. Does that count? It seems OK, but I haven't noticed any *dramatic* difference in my skin. But it's not a machine - it's just two bottles of liquid.

I'm 38 and I have pretty good skin to begin with, texture-wise.

I guess I haven't answered your question at all, have I?

Susan L.G.

I recently tried Mary Kay's MicroDerm Abbrasion a couple of times and liked it. I immediately noticed that my skin felt softer and smoother so I ordered it. I am also buying another skin care line of MK's that includes cleanser, toner and moisturizer. :)

I use the Olay kit and I love it. I totatlly notice the difference -clarity and smoothness. I have good skin to begin with, but this stuff does work on 40 year old skin.

Beauty Control has one that when women have just tried it once they see and feel a difference. I have it and LOVE it! My skin is smoother, clearer and softer. I have seen it on ebay ($30) for a lot less than it goes for retail ($60).

Kathy

>Philosophy's microdelievery peel is awesome! My skin looks so
>much smoother and clearer:)
>Randi
I agree! I even said "wow!" after the first time I used it (and I don't normally go around saying "wow!").

>I recently tried Mary Kay's MicroDerm Abbrasion a couple of
>times and liked it. I immediately noticed that my skin felt
>softer and smoother so I ordered it. I am also buying another
>skin care line of MK's that includes cleanser, toner and
>moisturizer. :)
>
>
I'd like to second the vote for Mary Kay's Microdermabrasion. It feels wonderful--especially when it is followed by the night solution and intense moisture cream (if you have dry skin..otherwise the Timewise lotion is good).

lisa

So glad I clicked on this thread! My machine just broke. I bought it from QVC a few years ago. I was looking for a replacement, but couldn't find anything like it....for under $300! So, I went on E-bay and purchased this Dermal Grade Microdermabrasion sponge for $15. The reviews were all glowing...but I was very skeptical. Well, I've done my 2nd treatment and it says to only use it for 90 seconds and do it 7-10 days apart and be careful as it is very effective......Well, today, I did it for the entire 90 seconds and my skin is really red in a few places...(have extremely sensitive skin). It works extremely well.....better than any machine I've owned. I can't believe it. I highly recommend them, but if you have sensitive skin (like me) you might need to work up to the full 90 second treatment. My skin will be fine...just red for a day or so. It feels like a baby's bottom and looks great afterwards though.

Just do a search under microdermabrasion on E-bay and it should come up.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.