OT - anyone seen any good movies?

libra01971

Cathlete
I was thinking of going to see Two for the Money this next weekend. (Matthew McConnaughey, ummm...:9 )

Anyone seen any movies worth watching?

I saw "Elizabethtown" Sunday with my kids and after 130+ minutes of movie watching, I still can't figure out the point. I advise to wait until this one comes out in your video store!!

Has anyone seen Flight Plan?

Angie

I love movies but lately I think there has been a real dearth of good movies out there. We went to see the Constant Gardner and I hated it. It was just so depressing and lately I don't need any help in that department.

If you have cable with in demand consider a movie called The Chorus. It's French with subtitles--I loved it. It's similar to movies like Mr. Hollands Opus. It's set in a reform school for boys in post WWII France.

Michele

We saw "A History of Violence" on Sunday. It was okay. Pretty graphic sex scene I wasn't expecting and the acting was good but the story was weak.

I want to see "Stay". I believe it's starting next week.

I haven't seen anything at the theater lately, nor is there anything I'm interested in. I rented Kingdom of Heaven this past weekend because I love period pieces but this movie was a beating.

Marla

Hi Marla,

I like period movies too. Do you like Jane Austen? There's supposed to be yet another remake of Pride and Prejudice coming out this fall. I keep looking for it but I don't think it's been realeased yet.

Michele

I was very moved by The Constant Gardener--despite its sadness. It's about a husband really keeping faith with his wife and their love, but only after she is murdered. I also was blown away by Werner Herzog's Grizzly Man. In case, after these two choices, you all think I have a morbid sensibility, let me also recommend Wedding Crashers and the 40 Year Old Virgin. Funny!

I agree about Kingdom of Heaven. I felt miserable after I saw that movie.

DH and I saw History of Violence this weekend. I felt terribly assaulted when we left the theater. Everything in it was shocking: the sex, the violence, who the violence was directed towards, the detailed gore (disturbing), who is commiting the violence....man. There are violent images I won't ever get out of my head after that movie, and if there was any part of me that was still had some innocence, it is gone now. I guess I should have expected that with a title like it has. The acting was superb, though, I must agree with Candi there.

I am holding out for the Johnny Cash movie. I love the lead actors in it! I am a huge Joaquin Phoenix fan and Reese is my all time fave. They sang their own songs and he played the guitar for real. DH has been playing Johnny's greatest hits every since we saw the trailer in anticipation of the movie. Yes, we are cheesy!

Missy

I saw Flight Plan with my teen-age sons, and we all liked it. Jodie Foster is fantastic. I was thoroughly hooked into the movie and it "haunted" me for a couple of days. It's a thriller, and that airplane is something else!

"History of Violence". It was okay. I got a sneak peek at Aragorn's butt. For real. It was okay. Viggo Mortensen could use some leg presses and weighted squats.:)

I liked "Wallace and Gromit: the Curse of the Were-Rabbit" better. I normally fall sleep in the theater when I watch kid's movies, but I laughed so much with this one.

I'd like to watch the Matthew McConnaughey movie, just to watch him flex.;-)

Pinky

I want to see the Wallace and Gromit movie!! I love them. I saw the first one and nearly split my side from the laughter. Very clever!!

Michele

We saw "Just Like Heaven" the other day, it was such a great movie. I love Reese Witherspoon and the guy thats in it, can't think of his name. He played Matt in "13 Going on 30". Both great movies!

>"History of Violence". It was okay. I got a sneak peek at
>Aragorn's butt. For real. It was okay. Viggo Mortensen could
>use some leg presses and weighted squats.:)
>
>I liked "Wallace and Gromit: the Curse of the Were-Rabbit"
>better. I normally fall sleep in the theater when I watch
>kid's movies, but I laughed so much with this one.
>
>I'd like to watch the Matthew McConnaughey movie, just to
>watch him flex.;-)
>
>Pinky

Pinky - LOL on the leg presses and squats! I may take ds to see Wallace and Gromit. He doesn't know who they are, though (nor do I) but I thought it looked entertaining. It's hard to get his attention even in a kid's movie. He did LOVE the penguins from Madagascar, though. Don't they have a short film with them at the beginning? Yeah, a trip to the movies with ds usually involves him standing in the aisles the majority of the time. But hey, it's a children's movie, right?:eek: ;-)

Mark Ruffalo! In Just Like Heaven...I saw it too -- it was very fun! My girls and I are looking forward to Dreamer, opening this weekend -- a horse movie, with Kurt Russell and Dakota Fanning. Just the thing for these Kentucky girls!

Allison

Serenity!! }( It's a great sci-fi movie with a Western flavor to it. It has a lot of action but not so much that it's ridiculous or totally gross (I really hate violent movies) and lots of clever, funny dialog and great character development (can you tell I'm a fan?!). Anyhow, seriously, everyone I know who I've pushed to go see this movie has come back talking about how much they loved it. :)

Other than that, I'm dying to see Wallace and Gromit but it has been sold out every time I've tried to go so far.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.