4. Cameron Diaz
5. Helen Mirren
6. Meryl Streep
7. Mo'nique
8. J. Lo
9. Rachel McAdams
10. Anna Kendrick

Worst:

1. Charlize Theron (lilac cinnabuns on her tata's)
2. Mariah Carrey (enough with the slit to the crotch)
3. Faith Hill (no words - just fugly)
4. Maggie Gyllenhaal (did nothing for her and too casual for the Oscars)
5. Zoe Saldana (top was beautiful and then it just melted into yuk)
6. Vera Formiga (this wasn't bad but a bit on the merigue side)
7. Miley Cyrus (she needs to stand up straight)
8. Kristen Stewert (reminded me of a bridesmaid dress I wore back in the early 90's)-(and does she ever smile?)

On the fence - Sarah Jessica . . .

I haven't seen all the dresses yet, but I am with you on most of your choices!

My comments include.... YES, please Miley Cyrus stand up straight! What is up with her horrible posture? She's too young to slump like that.

I think Sarah Jessica Parker's dress was just okay. It was different and kind of out there, which I know she loves to do, but my first thought was ... why is she hiding that great body of hers under a tent?

Last edited:
ITA with your picks but I have to add Mariska Hargitay looked amazing. I think she is such a stunning woman. Wish my girl Kate Winslet had chosen a more colorful dress but she always looks good...that lucky you-know-what lol!!

SJP's hair annoyed me for some reason. What was going on there?!

Sandra Bullock and Penelope Cruz were top. Cameron Diaz looked washed out and the dress didn't fit her body well - that dress wants a curvier person in it. Many people were wearing that soft blush which is pretty in concept but washed out on 90% of them - especially on TV. Cyrus was a mess. Hated Lopez's dress. That purple nightmare was awful - who would put that bottom on such a lovely top half of a dress? ugh. SJP has just been trying too hard the last several outings and is missing the mark every time. The dress - okay but nothing to write home about; the hair was a nightmare.

I loved Demi Moore's dress too-she looked awesome! Gotta love those P90X arms! And Helen Mirren too! I think the women over 40 looked way better than the young ones!

I loved Demi Moore's dress too-she looked awesome! Gotta love those P90X arms! And Helen Mirren too! I think the women over 40 looked way better than the young ones!

ITA! The over 40 women just looked more confident, IMO, and that makes them look even more beautiful.

Poor Miley needed to be helped beforehand so she would stand up straight and walk properly. I think the dress was fine but she looked like she was dressing up in mommy's clothing the way she carried herself.

Klaudia - I totally agree! Not only did the "mature" generation look fabulously beautiful but they carry themselves very elegantly. They exude such class and style.

The younger generation lacks that. Granteds, most will probably grow into that but why is it so many of them don't even know how to stand up straight??!!

Also, did anybody catch that one shot of SJP in the audience? It was earlier in the show and she looked like she was chewing gum!

I did see the gum! Actually I think she had it on the red carpet at some point also.

I thought JLO really was inconsiderate in her dress choice. There is a huge crush of people at these events, it is not really smart to have a train the length of New Jersey..:confused:

I LOVED Demi Moore's dress. It took me a minute to recognize her. She looks soooo young. I imagine it is either a plastic surgeons steady hand of having a younger man. Either way, she looks GREAT!

I actually like Charlize Theron's dress...just not the flowers on her boobs. Of course, my favorite color IS purple!

Carrie

Baylian - What's sad is that Mariah Carey's dress was almost "classy" for her!

NY25 - I wish Cameron would realize that bright red lipstick makes her look a good 15 years older than she is. Her make-up is not flattering at all.

I loved Demi's dress! I thought she looked the best, but the poor thing was GASPING for air during her introduction of the en memoriam. She's fabulous enough without having to be suffocated by her corset. Crazy ass designers!:confused: Charlize looked so elegant, despite her bright purple cinnabuns and Kate Winslet is always beautifully poised. Miley should take a note. I was not wowed by SJP's dress but her hair looked fab anyway!

jes

I haven't seen all the dresses yet, but I am with you on most of your choices!

QUOTE]
You can see photos of the best and worst dressed here :
http://www.moviefone.com/oscars-academy-awards/photos/best-dressed

And most of the acceptance speeches seem to be available online as well (which saves fast forwarding through all the 'filler').

Thanks Kathryn!

What does everyone think about the fact that they omitted Farah Fawcett from the tribute to stars who died last year? I was pretty shocked actually.

Last edited:
I liked Queen Latifahs dress, and I cannot find any pictures on-line of it. I thought it looked very pretty and the color was quite flattering. I don't like the real pale dresses on the real pale actresses. Too me it just washes them out.

I thought Queen Latifah looked beautiful too. :)

My favorite dresses. J-Lo, Sandra Bullock (although I hated her lipstick, way too dark:eek:), Helen Mirren.

I liked Queen Latifahs dress, and I cannot find any pictures on-line of it. I thought it looked very pretty and the color was quite flattering. I don't like the real pale dresses on the real pale actresses. Too me it just washes them out.
I found it somewhere (not at the above link, I don't think, but somewhere I found usiing "best worst dressed oscars 2010" where you could vote "love it" "loathe it" or "meh" on several of the dresses.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.