Opionions on rotation wanted!

amalmh

Hi,

wanted to benefit from all the wise people on this site and ask for advice!

I have weight to lose and in the past have been successful with a very strict exercise program of at least 5 cardio sessions per week, followed a few times per week by free weight training. But right now, my schedule just doesn't allow for this, and also I find it increasingly difficult to focus for 1.5 hours or more.

Instead I have started to do cardio for one hour three times per week, and then pure strength training for about one hour three times per week, with one day of rest per week. For the strength training I alternate between Slow and Heavy, Pure Strength and the Pyramid series.

With this roation, I'm finding it easier to concentrate both on giving it all during the cardio sessions and really exhausting the muscles during the strength training. But I'm worrying that only three days of cardio per week won't really help with my weightloss goals... Any opionions on this rotation? Will be very grateful for comments!

I think what you're doing sounds great. A person's metabolism goes up with strength training simply because it takes more calories to maintain muscle tissue than fat tissue. I think this healthy balance will help with your weight loss goals.

If you are concerned about not enough cardio you may want to consider adding in some circuit type workouts where you do some cardio and then take a breather to do some weights. I love Cardio and Weights from the Intensity series! Other Cathe circuit workouts are Circuit Max, Boot Camp, and Body Max.

Just my two cents,
Sabine:7

Hi Sabine,

thank you very much for the encouragement and the good idea - I need to try Bootcamp and Circuit Max to get some variety in to this rotation.

But even so far, when I was checking weekly progress yesterday, I realised I my waist had lost half an inch in a week - that has started to convince me I'm going down the right route! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.