Opinions RevAbs?

WantFit

Cathlete
I got an e-mail from beachbody team talking about this set of DVDs. Anyone tried it? What is your opion about this set of DVDs? Is it effective?

Thanks

Last edited:
I haven't tried it, but many people at VF are disappointed in it, and quite a few people who generally like BB products have been sending theirs back.

I haven't tried it, but many people at VF are disappointed in it, and quite a few people who generally like BB products have been sending theirs back.

Thanks, Kathryn. Any suggestions for not too hard core cardio fat burning workout with focus on abs? I am still nursing my harmstring injury. I can't do much too strenuous cardio. But I would like to have something going to keep fat off and tone.

Thanks

So far I have tried one dvd. "Fire Up Your Abs" 3 circuits Basic breakdown, warmup -jumping jacks, etc. Planks, Superman, Side Planks, Roll Ups with Weight and Striders. I am not sure if that is the right order though. Cool down.

He is not as dorky as Tony Horton but he does this cheer after each section. It isn't a bad workout, quickie and kinda of fun in a goofy sort of way. There is a person, Charlene (not to be confused with Chalean) that shows modifications.

It is not as intense as Insanity. I would classify this as my quickie add or Sunday Morning workout.

I have been doing this series for a couple of weeks now. No, it's not a Cathe workout, but that doesn't mean it is not good. He is keeping the workouts simple, especially in the beginning. To ramp things up a bit, I use heavier weights and do more advanced moves (like a superman instead of cobra, or a plank with an arm raise instead of a regular plank). You do sweat, especially during Total Strength. He uses jumping jacks to rev up the heart rate between sets, so it is not so high impact. In phase two, it gets harder, and there are some extra dvds which you can order apart from the kit (should be available in the next month or so according to BB); I will buy them that way vs buying the deluxe, expensive kit. I usually tack on some short cardio or weight workout after, just to round things out. You don't have to. You do feel like you've worked your core.

I've really been watching my food since I started this, and I've dropped 5 pounds. I'm not saying it's all due to RevAbs, but it can't hurt.

Thanks for your feedback, ladies.

No, I have Intensity. But I can't use now because my glute/hamstring problem. But I do need some cardio to burn off the fat. I like the short time because recently my work is so tight, I can't afford workout over 60 minutes.

How are the abs portion compared to Cathe's abs workouts? I have almost all Cathe's abs workout.

My only concern is did he use steps for cardio? I can't do steps because of my injury.

Thanks

Last edited:
No steps. I tried Mercy Abs yesterday. Slow but controlled. I have noticed I lost 2lbs but I am also doing STS as well.

I was looking today at the Phase 2 dvds, and they ARE harder, and a bit longer. I think that will be more challenging.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.