Opinions on The Crossbow....???

Krista03

Cathlete
I am thinking of buying the Crossbow by Weider. Anyone have or seen this type of equipment or have any opinions on it...pros and cons... I like the Bowflex but it is alittle pricey. I value your input and thank you in advance.

Krista03,
I was wondering exactly the same thing. Hoping someone is owns one or has tried one out.

Kara

The Nautilus Group that makes Bowfles filed a patent infringement suit against the makers of the Cross Bow in early December. They are asking for both damages and injuctive relief. I believe this means that if the Nautilus Group wins the Cross Bow may not be sold anymore. Just FYI.

If you are already familiar with the Bowflex it is just like it! You can visit any Sears store to test spin it! It goes for $599 but has sales for $499! It is a project to put together! So if you don't have someone handy with alot of patience-add on another $169.99 for setting up an in home installer ! Once you get past all that you will enjoy the results of resistance training! Take care!Your friend in fitness~~Francine

So, why is The Crossbow so much cheaper? Do you have one? I watched the informertials and checked the Bowflex and Crossbow out on the internet, they seem similar but the Crossbow is so much easier on the pocket book.

Does it take a lot of space to feel comfortable working out?

I don't know anything about the crossbow in particular, but my general experience with gadgets of the "Sport's Authority" brands like Weider and Body by Jake is that you get what you pay for. I had a $350 Weider Home Gym and it was practically worthless because I couldn't adjust any of the stations to fit my body for range of motion and the cables were very jerky and stiff. If your budget is limited invest in a good bench and a cap barbell set. You can get a great workout with these.

If you've already got these and have your heart set on cables (like me!!) then you're better off with the quality of Bowflex or check out the Body Solid website. They make very good quality home equipment. Just my .02.

FitnessRN

My BF has a Bowflex and I use it a lot, its a wonderful machine and well worth the cost. We saw this 'crossbow' on tv and he thinks there is more potential for injury because of the lack of length of their bows which would provide a less smooth movement.

He may be all wet, but once you try a Bowflex? You're hooked! Check out ebay or your local resale sports store, you'll find lots of them at reasonable prices. And get the squat bar too! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.