Online Resources for Personal Trainers

coradora

Cathlete
I was hoping that any PTs out there could let me know of any good online resources. I am particularly interested in finding nice graphics that show how to perform different exercises so that I have handouts for clients.

Thanks!
Corrie

Thank you Clare - The illustrations are exactly what I am looking for! I will be getting this book for my own reference, but I need to find something that I can copy to hand out to clients. I'll keep surfing to see if I can find some free graphics.

You might browse Amazon or Borders equivalent to see if they sell textbooks/workbooks marketed to personal trainers and physical therapists, these are the exact sort of books you need. These books may then list a whole slew of online resources. Do you know or can you consult any pts?

Clare

Hi Clare!

(Aren't you glad my thread is all about FITNESS ;))

I will most certainly be getting a textbook for reference. I just completed my PT course, but we were not supplied with the text, just a binder that the instructor had put together from all the overheads she was presenting. I do have a some other reference materials from both the Fitness Knowledge and Weight Trainer courses I took, but the pictures are mostly anatomical (hope I spelled that right) and don't show people performing exercises.

My instructor directed me to ptonline.com, however, this website charges a fee, and as I don't have any clients yet, I was hoping to find something for free LOL! I was sure that some of the pts on this forum would be able to point out some online stuff that they had found.

Are you a pt?

Corrie

Hi Corrie-

I'm not a PT, but one site that I love and its free is www.bodybuilding.com

Its got a whole section on how to perform exercises for each bodypart. While alot of the site is dedicated to people who are really hardcore bodybuilders, there is a ton of info there and the exercises for each bodypart looks to be pretty solid.

Take care, Lynn M.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.