OMG The Step is HUGE!!

bethmeira

Cathlete
Well, after doing Cathe workouts for a few years, I finally bought a full size Step and Holy Cow, this thing is huge. I already know this is going to intensify my workouts especially when I do those cardio moves that require you to jump lengthwise over the board. Oooh what fun!

Beth

good for you! have fun, and be careful. when i first got mine, i would forget i had to clear more and trip up. gotta love fitness:p

jes

I have had mine for close to 10 years and it has suddenly gotten more huge! In Imax 3 you have to in ONE jump (I swear I don't know how Cathe does this) go down the full length of the board, then jump sideways across the width of the board, spin around, do a tuck jump and THEN rickochet and repeat the entire process!!! I have now lived through Imax3 twice (I am living on borrowed time LOL) and I cannot get down that board in one jump (it takes two for me). If I were to do the sideways jump, I would trip over the board as I have not cleared it yet.

So be careful...that board can grow bigger. LOL

Seriously, I would advise to start out with the platform until you know the moves and get familiar with the step length, then add risers accordingly. It is easy to misguage the height and fall over or off of it. I personally have had many stained ankles and bruises to write a physician's handbook on how not to use a step. ;-)

I have been doing Cathe work outs for a couple of months now...I have the smaller step...I think it was a great choice for me to begin with but now I'm thinking that some moves would actually be EASIER to do if I had the full size step! Problem is that I'm afraid it will be too big for my rather compact work out space. I am thinking that I will not have enough room for the moves that require you to go off the board on one side or the other...so I continue to hold off on purchasing it...The step I have was $25.00 including a video...the club size step is $80-$100! I'd hate to spend the $ and not be able to use it!

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

I kow what you mean.My sister bought me the full size step for christmas and Ithought it was even longer then Cathes step.But its not,its the same one.
I don't know who mentioned it, but someone was talking about IMax 3.The other day when I did Imax 3, I glanced at my old step and it looked tempting.Thats one long jump.
Lori:)

Shoot yeah...that is one long,wild jump in IMAX3. I did it yesterday on my regular size step. Could not even imagine it on a club size step. She had me "crying" when she said it was time to do the jumps on the second side.

:)

>I have had mine for close to 10 years and it has suddenly
>gotten more huge! In Imax 3 you have to in ONE jump (I swear I
>don't know how Cathe does this) go down the full length of the
>board, then jump sideways across the width of the board, spin
>around, do a tuck jump and THEN rickochet and repeat the
>entire process!!! I have now lived through Imax3 twice (I am
>living on borrowed time LOL) and I cannot get down that board
>in one jump (it takes two for me). If I were to do the
>sideways jump, I would trip over the board as I have not
>cleared it yet.
>
>So be careful...that board can grow bigger. LOL
>
>Seriously, I would advise to start out with the platform until
>you know the moves and get familiar with the step length, then
>add risers accordingly. It is easy to misguage the height and
>fall over or off of it. I personally have had many stained
>ankles and bruises to write a physician's handbook on how not
>to use a step. ;-)

HI Wanda,

I have to do that whole interval on the floor. I just cannot jump that far, when she goes sideways I go the opposite way of my step otherwise I would be tripping. That is one hard interval. Maybe one day we will all be jumping that long.

Rhonda

I didn't realize there were various step sizes (i.e. lengths). I have a Reebok Step with the puzzel-piece type risers - is this a normal size step, a big step.... as compared to what Cathe uses....?

In November I bought the club step for a friend and was amazed at how gargantuan it was. It ended up being too big for her living room so I've had to keep it. I was using the firm box (very slippery) so it sat there for a week untill I decided to try it. It made a huge different in my hr. I went back and looked at my hrm readings that I had in my journal and I could tell it really kicked up the intensity. No more slipping and I have a lot more room up on the step to play around!

Secretly...I'm glad it didn't fit in my friends living room! lol. Shhhh...don't tell her I said that! }(

~Reece Out~

>I didn't realize there were various step sizes (i.e.
>lengths). I have a Reebok Step with the puzzel-piece type
>risers - is this a normal size step, a big step.... as
>compared to what Cathe uses....?
>
>
I have the Reebok step too - the stepping surface is 6-7" shorter and a couple of inches narrower than the Club Step used by Cathe. I find my Club Step a lot more comfortable as a bench for weights work because of the added length and width.

Wow, Beth, I cannot believe you waited that long to get the "real" step. You are way better than me. I would have caved after two Cathe workouts.:)

Enjoy!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.