Older Step Workouts

rcsaros

Cathlete
I posted this also in general discussion but thought maybe I would get more response here -

I just did LowMax premix 1 (which was intervals 1-4) and enjoyed it. Wasn't sure I would since I don't really do step anymore.

I was wondering if any of the older Step workouts are similar to LowMax?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
Rhonda

None of Cathe's older step workouts are low-impact like Low Max. Low Impact Circuit (which I absolutely love) is the most like Low Max, but it was released after Low Max.

It would help to know why you enjoyed it. Are you looking for easy choreography? Or low impact type step work? Or tough intervals?
Beth

Beth,
I was because I got a good workout but still mostly low impact. It was nice to have a workout like that and not all the jumping constantly. The intervals were nice. Just nice to know there was a low impact step that wasn't too choreographed but gives you a very good sweat.

Rhonda

Besides Low Max and Low Impact Circuit (which jbliff already mentioned above) I don't think any of Cathe's step workouts are specifically low impact. But I modify many step routines to be low impact, and still get a good workout. The step in Body Max 2 is among my favorite, lots of fun and it's easy to leave out the impact.

About Low Impact Circuit: love this dvd! If you don't have it and like low impact workouts then I'd say it's a must-have. There's a premix to just do the cardio if you are just looking for a low impact step workout without the weights/circuits. When I do the whole circuit workout, though, (75 minutes!!!) I'm drenched in sweat and it truly is fun.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.