Okay, I punched myself out yesterday

Aquajock

Cathlete
Was doing I-Max 1 yesterday a.m., flying through those big arm circles in Interval #7, when I whacked myself with my left fist on my RIGHT fist, my left thumbnail driving into the part of the hand where there's apparently nothing but blood vessels and pain-conducting nerve endings.

Noticed about 2 minutes later a trickle of blood going down my right hand.

I do believe, with that singular act, I retain my title as the Ranking Klutz of the Cathe Crowd.

Anyone know how I can get a restraining order on myself?

A-jock
Bloody (and Bald) But Unbowed :eek:

Oooo, OUCH ! Annette, I felt it as I read your post :eek:

I can relate, I once pushed a sharp kitchen knife into that part of my hand while washing up, agony, and the blood :eek: !!!!! House work can be as dangerous as working out !!!!! :eek:

Take Care !

Anna (OUCH !) :D

OMG you are funny. That sounds very painful. Now I don't feel so bad. I am constantly kicking myself, tripping over the step, and bonking myself in the head with my dumb (and I mean dumb)bells.

Those french press I think they are called (laying on bench, arms at right angle, lower the bottom half of the arm towards head) are deadly for me, especially at my exhaustion point!

By the way, I should be getting my ace materials shortly (you recommended the manual to learn more) and am looking forward to it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Jodi

RE: Jodi -

I so know what you mean with those barbell (or dumbbell) triceps presses in the face-up position! I know that in some quarters these are called "skull-crushers", for obvious reasons.

Glad you're soon to receive the ACE materials! When you go on information overload in each chapter (and you will) you can always close the textbook and use it for skull-crushers!

A-Jock
}(

Oh, dear! Ouchie!!! I had to laugh, though, because I can't tell you how many times I've wacked myself with a fist or WORSE - a dumbbell!!! Yikes! :eek:

Hollie

RE: Jodi -

>I so know what you mean with those barbell (or dumbbell)
>triceps presses in the face-up position! I know that in some
>quarters these are called "skull-crushers", for obvious
>reasons.
>
>Glad you're soon to receive the ACE materials! When you go on
>information overload in each chapter (and you will) you can
>always close the textbook and use it for skull-crushers!
>
>A-Jock
>}(
Oh great - now I can take out my eye with the corner of the book - something to look forward to.

My friend in the U.S. (who I had it sent to), said it weighs a ton! It must be a big book. That should keep me busy for a while!

Sorry to hear about your injury,Aqua.The sad thing is, I do this to myself ALL the timex( I took a big piece of skin out of my forehead with my tumb nail one day and I am always scratching my face.The other thing to is that I don't have long nails.Can you imagine the damage I would do if I did!
Lori

Ohhh Annette.... I am laughing but can soooo relate. It is amazing I don't have a black eye half the time!

Be careful:)

OMG! I think this thread has jinxed me!!!! I was working out using my weights and when it came to the crossover pulls, I slammed my weights into eachother by mistake and bashed the top of my hand and now there is a lump and a blue mark from bruising, ARGH! It happenened right after reading this thread, how ironic.!!!!:eek: :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.