Ok, this is the LAMEST question I've ever asked...

Alana_as

Cathlete
:eek::eek::eek:

Ok, alot of ladies here refer to their significant others as "DH". For the years i've been writing/commenting here, I can't for the LIFE of me figure out what that means! LOL...

I feel so stupid, but it's been driving me crazy!!:eek::eek::eek:

What's DH mean? something....husband? hubby? aaaah! i'm going crazy! lmao!

I think it means "Darling Husband" or "Dear Husband". I venture to guess sometimes it might mean "Damn Husband".

LOL!!! I bet it could really mean anything, like you said, depending on what the gal is talking about. But I bet it means something more definate...I just wonder what people mostly use it as??? hmmm...

I'm pretty sure it means Dear Husband, honestly, when you say it, it sounds odd to me, but as an abbreviation it's ok. Same goes for DW, DS, and DD.

Hmm, well, I guessed that's what it would be...why don't we just say husband? well, it's really no big deal, I just wasn't sure if it was more than what I had guessed. thanks gals!!

I don't know why we don't say 'husband' or 'son' either. I think it's just a carryover from texting when you are limited to the number of letters you can send. KWIM? :)

Yeah, it's an abbreviation to shorten typing time and keep texts shorter, like LOL, BTW, IMO, etc. I personally never really mean "dear" husband, that's just a strange term of endearment to me, but I use it out of habit and to type less.

Not a lame question! I only recently figured out that TIA means "thanks in advance" and ITA means "I totally agree" -- I'm so much less confused now! :D

wow! I didn't know those either! well, I think you're right, it's not a lame question cuz I guess I wasn't the only one confused on all the acronyms! tah!

I learned it first on message boards... way before texting was the norm.

It's along the lines of LOL and BRB. Just an abreviation for Dear Husband.

Alana not a lame question because I was wondering the same thing and just kept forgetting to asking. I had figured out it was referring to husband, son, daughter but didn't know what the "D" meant. I kind of figured out the other ones just from reading the post and thinking about what sounded logical.

Thanks for asking that question!

It took me a while to learn all the abbreviations, too, so don't feel bad! Some, I still have to think about before I get them!

Depending on your mood that day it could also stand for Damned Husband.

LOL...also depending on my mood, I could also use a wide selection of other letters instead of the "D"!!!!! I've never understood why it wasn't just "H"... Why the "Dear"???? They're not always so "Dear"....:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.