Off Topic: RSVP Baby Shower

Timber99

Cathlete
I received an invitation to a baby shower that has no RSVP and no way to contact the person that is throwing the shower (grandmother to the new baby). I cannot attend but wanted to arrange a present to be sent, yet have no way to tell her either! I also know that the person giving the shower (grandmother) lives with the shower's honoree so I hestitate to send a note. The shower is at a public venue & I am sure whe'll rquire some sort of head count.

Is it a matter of not responding and sending a present afterwards? Any ideas?

I wouldn't just not respond. I would go ahead and send a letter of explanation to the grandmother, even though she lives with the honoree. Presumably her mail is private so the honoree won't open it. I would not put a return address on the envelope, but would put full contact information inside the letter. You might also want to gently point out that she didn't include RSVP information -- you never know; it's quite possible that nobody else has responded and she may not realize that she left it out.

Good luck!

Stebby

I agree, other people have probably done the same thing by contacting her in some way and address the envelope to the grandmother letting her know what happened.

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.