Occupations?

If I had followed my passion, I would have been a psychologist or a social worker, but I didn't think it was "practical" when I was young, so, after many years of indecision, I became a trusts and estates lawyer. My clients get more "counseling" (in every sense of the word) and more caring than they would ever expect from a lawyer, but many of them actually appreciate it! Sometimes you can take what you're doing and make it your own based upon your own unique personality. :D

I'm a geologist. I know that is no help to you :) I always loved being outside and wanted a job that took me to neat places. I've worked as a geologist since 1985 (wow I guess that's 19 years). I recently completed an online program at a university for some computer skills that I was interested in (GIS), and I've worked part time in that for a couple years now.

Good luck on your decision.

Pam

I am currently working at a law firm in downtown Pittsburgh as a legal assistant and going to grad school part-time in pursuit of my Master's in Counseling Psychology. I should be done with school in a year or so, and in the long term, I aspire to be a psychotherapist for adolescents and adults. I'm particularly interested in eating disorders and mood disorders... We'll see where I end up. In 10 years, I hope to be married with children and running my own private practice! :)

~Amy S.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.