O.T. What fall TV shows are you really looking forward to?

dutchgirl

Cathlete
As the Fall TV schedule gets underway, just wanted to find out what shows everyone was anxiously awaiting . It could be a returning favorite or a new show that looks intriguing. For me, I couldn't/can't wait for the following...

Monday Night Football- I LOVE football. I especially like MNF during cold weather. I start a soup in the crock pot that morning and when I get home from work I start a fire, grab some hot homemade soup, snuggle under a blanket on the couch, and cheer like crazy!

Survivor- Pearl Islands. Loved this show since the beginning.

24- Even though I find myself having mild anxiety attacks during the show. How they make it so suspenseful is amazing.

CSI- Love detective type shows. I still mourn that Homocide-Life on the Streets has not made it consistently to reruns.

My closet love- The Bachelor! I'm especially interested for this season as I just loved Bob in the Bachelorette.

What about everyone else?

Good thread. I was anxiously awaiting Fast Lanes, but they cancelled the show. Something about it being to costly to produce.

In any case, I can't wait to see the last season of Frasier & Friends. I have other shows I like to watch, but these two are the main ones.

I also absolutely LOVE football! I look so forward to Sundays and MNF!! I'm a Bills fan and starting to get a little excited about them, although we are a little "gun shy" here in Buffalo. ;)

The bachelor is also one of MY favorites, great way to end hump day! I Love Bob, but Charlie was MY favorite.

Just started watching the OC - because I still havent gotten over Melrose Place, so I'm hopeful this will fill the void.

So what's your favorite team?

Can we still be friends if I confess that my favorite team is the NY Giants? I've been an avid fan since the early 80's when Lawrence Taylor, Pepper Johnson, Harry Carson and Phil Simms were all on the team. Those were also the glory days. I was pretty PO'd at their performance on Monday night. Has Jim Fassel ever heard of the word 'defense'?

BTW, I started watching the OC as well. For me, this fills the void of 90210.

Of course,we can still be friends!! We have Cathe in common!! By the way what's up with Tiki Barber? Everytime I watch the Giants he's fumbling the ball!

That had to be a tough loss the other night! Sorry..Good luck next week! :D

He and his twin Ronde (who plays for Tampa) are just the cutest things. I, too, wonder about Tiki's latest bout with butterfingeritis!

The Gilmore Girls! I wanna live it their amazing little town with all those pretty Xmas lights and all those eccentric people (I wanna be one of those eccentric people). I wanna live in their house and their world and be able to eat anything I want to like Lorelei and Rory. I wanna be really witty, too! The Gilmore Girls just leaves me feeling happy every time I watch it.

The West Wing -- brilliantly written and acted. I must admit though, it takes me about a half-hour into the show to understand what the heck's going on. The dialogue is so fast-paced and wry I'm out of breath trying to keep up!

Dr. Phil!!!!!! One of the few "talk" shows where I actually LEARN something. I'm really interested in what's going to happen with his Weight-Loss Challenge. Will they or won't they -- only their dietician knows for sure.

Survivor -- of course! My only problem with Survivor is I have to go to bed before it ends. I have to video-tape the final 40 minutes of it to watch the next morning. Time is tight in the mornings 'cause that's when I do Cathe but I have to watch it before work because of the Survivor office clique (don't wanna be the outsider, they might vote me out of the office!)

Let's see, what else? Oh, I'm gonna check out "Miss Match" -- I love light and frivolous.

Gee, it's hard to be sitting here at work with TV Guide listings bouncing off my skull.

Can't think of anything else right now.

Patricia

RE: O.T. What fall TV shows are you really looking forw...

Definitely Monday Night Football...I love, love, love football!!

24 - It makes me crazy, but I love it.

I made the mistake of watching last season's finale of Alias the other night (I'd never watched it before), and now I have to know what's going to happen.

I told myself I wouldn't get involved in another suspense/thriller/conspiracy drama after I got the X-Files monkey off my back a few years ago, but it looks like resistance is futile.
;-) ;-) ;-)

Law & Order Criminal Intent! I'm chomping at the bit for the new season but I have to wait til next Sunday...
Also Scrubs - love that show and lmao every time. ;-)

In no order of importance:
Angel
Alias
Smallville
The new show with Eliza Dushku (which could be good or bad, but I like her)
Monk
Stargate S-G 1

Friends, Will & Grace.Those are ny top two.I don't watch much t.v anymore.I think I am going to watch the new Bachelor when it comes on and I was hoping for another American Idol!
Lori

I love The Oprah Show. I use to always wait for the Fall shows to come back but it seems like alot of my favorite are off the air. I use to watch Melrose Place but that is gone. Edit to Add I also can't wait for Ricki Lake.

What a cute thread!

My TV time is limited and it's always a little frustrating that several of my favorite shows are on at 10:00 Eastern time, when I'd dearly love to be getting to bed earlier and up earlier.

I catch these shows on average about once every two to three weeks, so in no particular order --

ER
CSI (not CSI Miami)
JAG (okay, I know that makes me a complete dork but I love it.)
Will & Grace
Scrubs (funny, funny, and funnier)
Friends (can you tell where I am on Thursday evenings when possible?)
The West Wing (KILLER season ender last year)
Third Watch (IMHO, one of the most underrated shows on TV -- another killer season finale last year)

Hmmm.... Looking at my list I'm thinking I should be the poster child for NBC!:) :)

Oh, yeah, and my new summertime favorite on Bravo/NBC -- Queer Eye for the Straight Guy! I just cackle watching the Fab Five!!

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif Kathy S.

I'm looking foward to ER, 24, Third Watch, CSI, both the regular and CSI Miami, Law and Order Criminal Intent, and yes, Stargate SG-1 in January. 24, can't wait. Anybody see the preview on www.fox.com? It seems the president is still alive!! Hooray!!

In no particular order:
CSI: Miami
NYPD Blue
All the Law & Orders
Friends
Will & Grace
Scrubs
ER
Gilmore Girls
Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

I have a huge dilemma on Tuesday nights at 10:00; Law & Order SVU, NYPD Blue and Queer Eye all on at the same time and I only have 1 VCR!!!

I watch waaayy too much TV, it's a sickness...

Hey great thread! I was just thinking about this myself :)

I can't wait to see:

-- 24: what happened to President Palmer and what about Jack?
-- Alias: I can't wait to see how they'll explain last season's cliffhanger :D
-- Angel: YAY!
-- Carnivale: looks very intriguing.
-- Charmed: what happened to Leo? Who is that man? Please, please make Paige wear a bra this season...
-- Crossing Jordan
-- Dead Zone: I'm not sure if it's coming back before Christmas but I've really enjoyed it and can't wait to see more.
-- Enterprise: well because it's Star Trek and because I'm really starting to warm up to the crew. Still not sure about Captain Archer though.
-- ER: Was it just me or was anyone else getting totally fed up with Abby? I loved Romano's storyline last year. I'm really looking forward to the new season.
-- Farscape: ohhhh I can wish can't I? There's been lots of exciting rumours about it's return though so I'm going to keep on hoping :)
-- Monk: I've really grown to like this show.
-- Stargate: I wanna know what happens next!
-- Third Watch: Always good.
-- Tru Calling: I've seen the pilot and it wasn't good but I hear they have re-filmed it so I'm looking forward to it again.
-- Wonderfalls sounds interesting too.

I've been really enjoying Dead Like Me to my great surprise. I've seen the first half of the new season of Stargate and have to say that I'm disappointed that O'Neil isn't really about. I quite like the first episode of Jake 2.0 but I would have rather have John Doe back.
ATB,
- Lisa :)

Bring on that Survivor. My husband and I have also watched it since the start and now our 6year old is even looking forward to it ( He really likes it when they eat the bugs). We kept our selves pacified between Survivor seasons with the Amazing Race, but we are ready for Pearl Island. The only problem I have is that all of the teachers and students that I would chat Survivor with on Friday morning have moved on to other schools so I have to hope for a check-in around here. Woo Hoo, only one more day....Yes I know, I am pathetic.:7
Val

I'm anxiously awaiting,
CSI
JAG
Third Watch
Survivor
Guardian
Monday Night Football(much better than the Wrestling my DH watches!)
I also saw part of a commercial for a new show similar to JAG starring Mark Harmon, not sure when it's on though.
Christie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.