O/T Prays for a little girl

Kit_

Cathlete
I just had a very sad day at the hospital, I generally come in threw the respiratory unit, due to the two mile walk from my car and don’t generally want to walk another mile in business clothes in the heat. We have a 50 foot no smoking zone completely around the hospital and a 200 feet no smoking zone around the respiratory unit. These two people a man and a women decided that the big 2 foot signs posted about every 20 feet, didn’t include them. And were smoking right in front of the door to the respiratory unit. I asked them to please not smoke in the no smoking zone but to go over to where the bright green signs were or the smoke shack. Their response was very rude and they basically called me a few names and blew smoke in my face and didn’t move. So after getting blown off and sanitized so I didn't have a huge reaction as well as I could walk the rest of the way threw the unit. Something I generally don’t have to do. I called security, to have them removed. As I noticed these two were actually opening the frist set of doors a little bit to let there smoke in, and laughing about it. I immedately informed the nurses. Which immediately turned on the big fans and started to suck the air in the main lobby and then clean it and blow it back in. These these things make it feel like your in a wind tunnel. Security showed a few minutes later trying to get these two to smoke in the right area or leave, and it was quite a long argument with the police showing up, one trying to enter threw the wrong doors, which got himself face down on the ground with handcuffs on. They sent another officer threw the hospital to have mw fill out huge report, saying excatly what they did and what I seen, as I sat there and fill out page after page. About 10 minutes later a young 4 year old girl was being wheeled back to her room that was in the respiratory unit, as she just had her breathing test and pasted it. Her mother was all smiling as today was the day the little girl was going to get to go home. She was inside never went out, or close to the double doors, but some of the smoke came in despite the big fans that acted like a giant vacuum. For the 4 year old there was enough smoke to set off her allergic reaction. She started choking and gasping for breath, went into shock as her throat swelled all the way closed and she went into cardiac arrest. Now the two smokers are being held in jail and depending if this little girl lives or not, will depend on if they get charged for murder or something else.

But I really feel sorry for that little girl and her parents, they’ve went threw such a hard time with her already nearly losing her a few times, and she finally was getting well enough to come home, something she hadn’t done in almost a year. And two jerks went and messed it up. Her poor mother had seen the whole thing of her daughter trying to gasp for air against her closing throat. She was such a wreck I ended up staying with her until her husband could get there. Their little girl won’t be coming home anytime soon, now they have to make sure the hole that was cut into her throat so her lungs could breath, will heal without any infection, though she'll have a scar there for the rest of her life. And hopefully her heart stopping and lack of oxygen didn’t hurt anything. The little girl's name is KC, and her mother is Susan, I didn't get the father's name. Any good thoughts or prays for her would be apprecated. I know generally we ask for prays for people we know, but seeing those little pleading eyes, as the little girl started to turn blue and pass out, my heart went out to her and her family. I asked for permission to post this, and her mother broke down with gratitude and told me to thank anyone who thinks about her daughter.

Kit

Kit,
Thank you so much for posting this. I'm crying as I'm writing. If you see Susan an KC again, please let them know that they are in my prayers. This is so awful! I am so angry I could scream x( x( The world is full of wonderful people but it is not without it's ignorant ones. I am sickened by the fact that this little innocent girl and her family have to suffer for it. There are hospitals that have huge fines if you are caught smoking where you are not allowed. These 2 evil people should pay with a lot more than money for this. How horrible that anyone would think it funny to purposefully blow that smoke in the hospital. I am a nurse and I can't tell you how many patients I have talked to that have never smoked but are paying with their health and sometimes their lives for someone else smoking. Our health care costs have increased significantly over the years due to this awful, smelly habit. It is terrible to see a person try struggle to breathe. I'm so sorry that you had to witness that little angel suffer. How kind of you to stay with Susan. I'm sure that meant a lot to her. Please keep us posted on KC's condition. I will tell my family to add her to their prayer list.

God Bless you,

Kit, this is awful. Some people are so friggin rude and thoughtless. I'm glad the police got them. Hope and prayers for KC. If it were up to me, smoking should be banned everywhere. Its awful. For idiots to be smoking right outside the respitory unit is amazing to me. What were they there for? Did they have family in that area?

Again, i will pray for the family

Oh my God. I will pray for Susan and KC and have everyone I know pray for them too. What a horrible thing! Yes those 2 people are evil. They should be made to suffer like that little girl is.
You are a teriffic person Kit. Just pray. All we can do is pray.

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Oh my! I am so angry with those people - how incredibly ignorant do they have to be to do something so stupid and to LAUGH while they're doing it?! I can't imagine how that family must feel, about to go home and then to be set back so horribly over something like that...

I'm glad I don't live near you or I might be making a visit to the jail tonight...

My prayers are with KC and her family - please, please, please keep us posted on her - and on the outcome of the two idiots. (I can only hope there is a suitable punishment for something like this.) And if you see her, give Susan a hug - I know you don't know her that well, but I know she could certainly use one!!

You got it. Prayers for KC, for Susan, and for you, too, Kit, and anyone else who witnessed what happened.

Too bad the smokers weren't witnesses. Maybe that would have taught them a good lesson.

How sad. Why were those idiots doing around a respiratory unit in the first place. I hope they are prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I bet they aren't laughing now.

KC and her family will be in my prayers.

Kit-
I wonder if anyone else passed the smokers and just didn't tell anyone. One time my daughter Sarah was choking on a piece of candy and the teenager that was visiting just stood there looking at Sarah. It makes you want to walk up and slap them. Luckily I was there and helped Sarah since the teen was in "environmental shock".

Definite prayers for KC,Susan and you tonight Kit and please keep us posted on how she is doing.

KC, her mother Susan and her family have my prayers. I am angry.How the man and the woman can be so stiupid to smoke in the respiratory unit?. I hope they will receive the punishment they deserve.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator and TAEBO junkie.

Thank you all, I'm really angry about this as well, as it's not like these two didn't have a place to go to smoke, we even have smoke shacks all over the hospital property that have A/C and a heater so they don't even have to stand outside. I really do hope they get the book thrown at them, as what they did was just wrong. I don't know why the two were there, but I'd assume they were visiting someone in the repertory unit. As generally those who go outside and smoke generally go out the closest door from whoever they are visiting. I’ll keep you as updated as I can, I don’t know how much info I can get if I don’t see Susan or her hubby. But I’ve seen Susan so many times around the hospital and just didn’t know who she was, that I’m sure I’ll see her again.

Kit

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.