O/T - Bare Minerals - where to find perhaps cheaper

BAM

Cathlete
Does anyone use Bare Minerals for their make-up? I truly like the powder foundation and was wondering if anyone has purchased it at a lower price somewhere other than QVC or directly from their own website. I wouldn't mind saving a few dollars on this if I could. Thanks for your help.

Bam

Thanks Kathleen for that suggestion. I think I thought about calling Sephora in the past but then just forgot about it. I appreciate the reminder. I called them and they do carry it. I probably would only find it for a couple of dollars cheaper if I did an extensive search on the web and like you said, the shipping charges would bring the cost up so it would be worth it just to purchase it at the store. Thanks again!:)

Shari, have you tried the minerals from either of those 2 websites and if so, do you like them? Even though I didn't see the shipping charges, the total cost may be a dollar or two less than the bare minerals purchased at the store but would love to know how they are before trying them. Thanks so much for the info! :)

Bam

What skin type do you have? I am very dry I have only been able to use Clinique. I do not like using foundation and powder. I have seen many infomercials but am afraid to try something that just makes my skin flaky again. I saw what it did for Melissa Gilbert AMAZING What is the price range on it. Thanks so much.

beth6395

If you're new to Bare Minerals, go for the packages that include brushes. The brushes are great, and cost a lot less when you buy a package!!!

I buy from a Bare Minerals store by my house to save on shipping. They also have a frequent purchaser card, so I save $10 every $120 I spend.

The makeup lasts forever for me.

Beth, I have a lot of flaky skin on my nose but the rest of my skin is normal. I always get compliments on how my skin looks when I use the Bare Minerals. Of course I use moisturizer first so the flakes aren't as noticeable. The foundation alone is $25 and with the brush is somewhere around $36. They have many kits to try several of their products at once. If you have a Sephora store like Kathleen suggested, they will help you find the colors that are right for your skin. Good luck!

Amy, you are very lucky to have a store near you. It's great that you can save $$ with your purchases. I do have the long brush which is great. Do you use the kabuki brush? I'm not sure if I'd really need it.

Bam

I am a QVC shopper but I buy my bare minerals off of ebay, but you have to shop for deals because alot of the time the sellers have it for the same prices as retail.

OMG, I've also typed in Bare Minerals and it's just too much to sort through! :eek: I, too, originally bought it from QVC. I'm thinkin' it probably will save me lots of aggravation to buy it at the store where I won't have to pay for shipping. Like I think I said earlier, how much am I really going to save and is it worth the aggravation? I think NOT! I could certainly better use that time by doing, oh, I don't know, maybe CATHE WORKOUTS? :7 Thanks everyone!

Bam

If you like Bare Minerals Bare Escentuals, you can get some pretty good deal on Ebay. Just do a search, and always check the shipping price.

I have found that the kabuki brush works the best for applying the foundation and the mineral veil. On Ebay, you can narrow your search down to the color of the foundation that you want, and you need to do the search for Bare Escentuals if that is what you use. I never need to buy an entire kit as the color Light is perfect for me; it is really a light medium color with a little bit of a golden undertone. In the summer, my skin will be too oily to use it, and I use a completely matte powder foundation then.

I buy my Bare Minerals at Ulta. I have bought all of my brushes at Sally's Beauty supply. The brushes are just as good and tons cheaper. (like $3-8 not $20+) I acutally like the $3 eye shadow brush from Sally's better than the $20 something one from Ulta. I am also wierd in that I prefer to apply my foundation with a sponge. I think it covers better. I put everything else on with brushes, but I use a sponge for foundation.

Kfears, could you tell me what Ulta is and is it the Bare Escentuals Minerals that they carry?

Barbara, I just checked out that site and they certainly are a lot cheaper. I have to check the size of the one I have and compare it to what they're selling. As I've mentioned on this site before, I'm computer challenged and have never used ebay so this may open up a new door to me! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks again everyone! :)

Bam Thank You this is actually my problem flaky dry skin on the nose area. I use moisturizer daily the Body Shop Soy and Calendula line has been marvelous I have started applying my foundation with a sponge that helps somewhat. I do not think I have a Sephora store here in Michigan I will do a search for something here maybe I will get lucky. Thanks I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.

beth6395

>Shari, have you tried the minerals from either of those 2
>websites and if so, do you like them? Even though I didn't
>see the shipping charges, the total cost may be a dollar or
>two less than the bare minerals purchased at the store but
>would love to know how they are before trying them. Thanks so
>much for the info! :)
>
>Bam

I have tried J.Lynne, and I like it just fine, but I've never tried the actual Bare Minerals, so I can't compare them.

I like the ease of use and the coverage. It seems to hide fine lines rather than accentuate them, as liquid foundation does, but it does feel heavy and "masky" on my face (although I don't think it looks heavy).

Shari

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.