Nwe Years Resolution Rotation/January

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. With the new year right around the corner, what better time than now to make a commitment to get back on track and work off our holiday pounds. The rotation for the next four weeks will certainly rev your metabolism and help to burn off the excess. Enjoy and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

WEEK ONE

Mon....Body Max
Tues...MIC
Wed....Step, Jump,& Pump
Thurs..Rhythmic Step plus 10 minutes Ab Hits
Fri....Leaner Legs plus 1st 5 Intervals of Imax 1
Sat....CTX Upper Body plus 2nd 5 intervals of Imax
Sun....OFF

WEEK TWO

Mon....KPC (Kick Punch Crunch)
Tues...Circuit Max Plus CTX Step and Intervals (cardio only)
Wed....Step Works
Thurs..Boot Camp
Fri....Muscle Endurance plus CTX Kickbox (cardio only)
Sat....OFF
Sun....Power Hour

WEEK THREE

Mon...IMAX 2
Tues...PS BBA
Wed....Step Fit
Thurs..PS Legs & Abs
Fri....CARDIO SAMPLER: 1) warm up and step from SJP 2) kickbox only from CTX KICKBOX 3) high low only from MIC
Sat....PS CST
Sun....OFF

WEEK FOUR

Mon.....Cardio & Weights (skip cool down) PLUS Legs and Glutes (skip warm up)
Tues....Step Heat
Wed.....Pyramid Upper Body plus 30 min. run
Thurs...Pyramid Lower Body plus kick/punch combinations and abs from KPC
Fri.....Imax 2
Sat.....Boot Camp
Sun.....OFF

WOW! If this doesn't help burn off my last ten pounds I don't know what will (besides eliminating junk food, lol!) Thanks so much Cathe, you're the BEST! Love, Heather

This looks great! I have been wanting to put C&W with Legs and Glutes! I think that will make a great workout! Can't wait!

Linda

This will be my first experience with a "Cathe" rotation ... have enjoyed the workouts for the past month but mostly Upper and Lower Pyramids. Looking forward to it!!
:+

Thanks for putting this rotation together for us. I've been working out with your tapes, now dvd's for about 7 years now but am new to the forums. I have learned so much just from all the information your followers provide, like you always say, were an educated crowd.
It's nice to have a rotation that incorporates the older stuff with the new.

Thanks again and Happy New Year to you and your family!

Woo hoo! Thanks Cathe, this is EXACTLY what I wanted!! I will start this tomorrow!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Debbie in OH

Help!
Saturday week 1 CTX Upper Body ? Do you mean do each portion of the CTX tapes that target upper body ??
Thanks for all you do !!
Annette (Up early)

I'm not Cathe, but CTX Upper is just the weight segment of the 5 cardio tapes. She actually has a separate tape called CTX upper that is strictly the upper body weight work from each of the ctx cardio tapes.

Happy New Year and enjoy the New Years Resolution Rotation!

Thank You, I did not realize Cathe had a CTX Upper body tape, I will have to order. I think this one and the wedding tape are the only two I don't have. Thanks for your response !!

Upper Body replacement?

Since I don't have the CTX Upper Body VHS and don't have the money for the DVD (LOL!), does anyone use a substitute for this? I've tried it using my CTX videos, and it just took me too long to cue each tape. Any suggestions?

Tricia

RE: Upper Body replacement?

Hey Tricia,
This is just what I did since I too did not have the CTX Upper body. I cued up all the tapes last night and had them ready for this morning. For me and my vhs player, I fast forwarded about 75-90 seconds and it got me pretty close to the section in the tape for upper body part. The back section was the longest since you do planks for lower back. It all went well, not a great flow, just streched out while I put in next tape and went on.
This rotation is great!! I love all the cardo, MIC was hard for me I had forgotten how fun that tape was, love the music.
I think you could do pyrmid upper body and be fine for a replacement and just add some abs... Hope this helps.
Annette (upearly)

RE: Upper Body replacement?

Thanks Annette,
I think I would rather do PUB than cue my tapes - this may sound weird, but my VCR is really loud when ejecting a tape. Since I try to work out while my baby is asleep, that would bug me. PUB is one of my fave's anyway!

Thanks,
Tricia

I am loving this rotation too!
I was wondering if anyone thinks they might substitute a different CTX cardio for one of the times that CTX-Kickbox is called for, just for variety's sake? Or do you think Cathe intentionally WANTED us to have a kickbox-type workout on every occasion that she listed one in the rotation?
Deb

I like adding kickbox after a lower body/total body workout since it works the legs/butt/core even more (like after ME). The other use of CTX kickbox is in the cardio sampler, so it seems cardio is the focus and any cardio will do. I'll probably do the sampler as "prescribed" since my knees and feet feel it if I do too much of one thing, and I like the variety. I once posted about substitutions, and Cathe answered that as long as the sub is the same in focus and intensity you're good to go. I'll sub StepBlast for Rhythmic Step simply because I like it more. I ususally sub IMAX2 or IMAX Extreme for IMAX1 for the same reason.

This is a great rotation, isn't it!?!

CinDee

A couple other questions about subsitutions...Next week when we are supposed to do Cardio Max (which I don't have), could I substitute the Viper? I know it doesn't have hi/low, but I know it alternates step and weights from ME. And then, in the following weeks, for Step Heat, Step Works, and Step Heat (which I don't have) could I substitute Rhythmic Step or Step Blast? Thanks for any input.

Amy

HI CATHE,

JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE ROTATION FOR JANUARY IS A KILLER.
I HAVE NOT "HURT SO GOOD" IN A LONG TIME. HOPEFULLY, THIS WILL BOOST MY METABOLISM AND I WILL LOSE SOME WEIGHT AND GET TONED: FOR I HAVE AN ULTERIOR MOTIVE. I AM GOING TO RIVIERA MAYA WITH MY GOOD FRIENDS OF 30+ YEARS FOR OUR "52ND" BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION THE BEGINNNING OF FEBRUARY. SURE WOULD BE NICE TO FIT IN MY 2-PIECE AGAIN.

THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL WORKOUTS AND FOR THE MOTIVATION TO DO THEM.

HAVE A HEALTHFUL AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, AND TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE!

STILL GOING STRONG AT 52 YEARS YOUNG!

KRIS

Kris i have to agree with you, this rotation is a KILLER! I absolutely love it. Although I must admit its hard finding the motivation to work out for 1.5 hours at 8:00 at night sometimes, but the pain (and i mean that in a good way) is well worth it!

I thought i was in great shape... this rotation is starting to prove me wrong!

Happy exercising!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.