Nutrition and Vegetarianism

sms122903

Dear Cathe,

Hi I am a memeber of you website and have been working out with you for the last two months (at the end of this week!). I have been seeing results but still remain confused on how to eat in regards to building muscle as a vegetarian. Do you have any tips or guidlines for vegetarians who are trying to build muscle and be strong? I greatly appreciate your time.

Sincerely,
Siona

Hi! Not Cathe, but I am a fellow Vegetarian!
Every food contains some amount of protein, with the exception of fruit! If you are seeking more protein and more muscle, increase your amount of nuts, legumes, soy, tempeh, seitan, etc! Make sure to eat a balanced diet with some protein at every meal. Eating good sources of protein after working your muscles will also encourage growth.

Not Cathe either and I do agree with what quest4fitness said about protein sources. The bodybuilding site is good too...:)...I am Vegan and have been for about 10 months. One thing I do most is have a protein smoothie with soy protein after every HARD workout....:)...Carole

Siona, Come on over to the "open discussion" forum and ask the same question. There are quite a few vegetarians/vegans--including me--on the board who could give you some advice (and don't want to write too much in the "ask Cathe" forum).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.