Nursing School

Hi I have a question for anyone who is a nurse. I am currently a student who is fixing to take the RN pre-admission exam. Does anyone have any tips on how to study for that test and for success in nursing school? If you do I would sure appreciate it.

Hi!!

I am getting ready to take that entrance test as well. If it is the NET, you can get a study guide book to study for it. It reviews math and reading skills and does not appear to be too difficult. But, a lot of basic stuff that you may not have had in a while.

As for any other advice, clearly I don't have any!:) Right now I am in Nursing Assistant classes in Arizona, and BIO 202.:)

things have changed..i started nursing school in 88 and i have no idea what test you are talking about?? interesting! as far as success in school,dont be afraid to ask ?'s and dont get too far behind with studying....or the molehill can become a mountain!! i worked as an aide while in school, the experience was priceless, not always fun however! remember, in nursing school, there are several clinical rotations, so dont be discouraged if you dont click with one..the next one just may be your cup of tea!! good luck!

I went to nursing school some 16 years ago and we had no entrance exams. I am sure there are review books out there. Just want to wish you luck in your endevor!!

Catherine

I have been a nurse for over 12 years, and I think that the test you are referring to is a general ed-type test. Almost like a milder form of the ACT/SAT. Of course, I might be wrong on that.

Basically, if you are not that far from just being out of school in general, you should be fine with a good night's sleep. Otherwise, if it's been a while, I would brush up on your math, since that really is a big issue with medication errors in calculations.

I think that this test just might be to see if you have the general basics that will be applied later in your nursing program. I doubt that they will ask any medical questions unless I am WAY off on my idea of what this test is.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.