November Jogglers

lioness

Cathlete
Happy November!

Tricia ~ So sorry to hear that you have shingles. My dad had them a long time ago when I was young. My mom got the vaccine because my dad's pain was so bad. My friend and also a co-worker had shingles on their scalp. I know someone that had it in their eye. I hope you feel better soon!

Alisha ~ I hope you had a good weekend.

Yesterday I ran 10 miles. Today I did an upper body workout. I started my new job today. My head is spinning but in a good way. It's so different from my last job but I think I will like it after I have been there a while. I am in a department with 3 other gals. No one eats healthy. I am the oldest one and could probably run rings around them.

Last edited:
Hi Alisha! Can't believe it took that long to diagnose! They diagnosed me immediately! I've been watching So You Think You Can Dance and that has given me a fresh perspective and motivation. Strange, I know, because I"m not a dancer, but it makes me want to move!

Jane - Hope your new job will be great! A new challenge to keep eating healthy amongst a room full of non-healthy people!

I can't believe your friend had shingles in their eye! That's the most dangerous! I got a clean bill from my eye doctor today, but he wants to see me back on Friday to be sure nothing pops up.

I had the chickenpox vaccine back when Stephen contracted them 12 years ago. My mom had told me I'd never had them. I wonder if the exposure was enough to get it in my system even though I never actually contracted the pox. I don't know any other way this could have happened.

I'm about clear. They started drying up today. Still looks ugly, but I'll take it since it was just one patch and it never spread. I was careful!

Going to start back with my workouts tomorrow. I was supposed to do that today, but I, like Alisha, binge watched SYTYCD today instead. Getting my motivation! lol

Have a great night!

I was dressed to workout, ready to go, and I get a frantic phone call from my business partner that he forgot his wallet along with his govt ID which allows him to go in the bldg.:mad: I had to hastily change my clothes and boggiloo down the hill to give that to him. Then, but wait there is more, my IT guy had a migraine so I had to pick up some DVD up the hill from another of our colleagues. By the end of the day I realized I hadn't even taken a shower, luckily I remembered that before bed time. What a useless and stupid day.

Today maybe more of the same. I am dressed. I have to wait a few minutes to digest my toast, then it will try a new DVD I got from Total Fitness DVDs. It's on Jenny Ford's Spicy Step disc, it's the hi lo workout. I also picked up Kathy Kaehler's Workout Class, The Method's Target Stability ball, and they had a freebie coupon that day the 10 min Solution with Amy Bento 5 Day Get Fit Mix, there is kick box, interval training, yoga, abs, and a compound moves segment. I only spent 25$ I do love a good bargain:D

Tricia I'm so glad they diagnosed you right away. I'm glad that your eye is okay. I don't know why you got shingles since you had the chickenpox vaccine. That seems so weird.

Jane good job on your 10 mile run. Your new job sounds like fun. That's so funny that nobody else eats healthy. Out here in California it's more the norm than the exception. I don't doubt that you could run the whole marathons around them!

Today is a rest day. Actually one of the girls told me that she has run a 5K. She wants to start doing them again and work up to a half marathon. I told her that we need to do a 5K together.

Work was good today. I'm learning a lot and am feeling better about a lot of things.

Alisha ~ Sorry for your crazy day. Hope you got your workout in today.

Tricia ~ I'm glad you are doing better. It seems weird that you got it since you had a vaccine only 12 years ago. I know folks like us over 50 are at risk because we had the chicken pox so long ago. I had it when I was 4 or 5. I can barely remember it. The shingles vaccine is so expensive though. I think it is over $200.

Alisha - What a day! Hope you were able to work out today! I need to take you shopping with me! I never find bargains like that!

Jane - Nice that you've found someone else who likes to run! Hope she follows through. Glad you're learning a lot at the new job and all is going well so far! $200 is a lot! Luckily, I'm all paid up on my deductible and my insurance would pay 100% if my doctor decides to give me the shot. I don't know that it would help at this point or not. I hear once you have shingles, relapse is more likely. I'll have to watch out for that.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm looking forward to going to work and getting back to a normal routine. I did work out today. Woo. Trying to get my act together again! I also started a new batch of wine . . . finally! I was supposed to do it months ago and just didn't. That is the mental state I've been in for a long time. Just no desire to do anything. Hopefully, that is over. We shall see!

Have a great night!

My dad and I drove down from Sacramento to Long Beach. We are staying at the Marriott for a two day seminar. He is having a bad gout attack. But coping by drinking baking soda water and taking naproxen. Poor old bear:confused:

I did bring my yoga mat and my workout gear. They have a gym, but I may not have time because I don't want to leave him by himself. We shall see.

Jane sounds like you may have a new jog buddy:cool:

Tricia how are you feeling?

Good Morning!

I missed about couple of days. Last week was a bit crazy with starting a new job but this week should be better. I ran 3 miles on Wednesday and then took Thursday and Friday off as I ran a 15K yesterday. It was a nice race. This was my 4th time running it. I didn't set a PR but I felt good most of the way. It is a long and twisting route. I saw lots of my running friends as well so that was nice.

Today was a 6 mile run.

Alisha ~ How is your dad? My mom has gout issues as well. I hope he is feeling better. How was the seminar? Did you get a workout in?

Tricia ~ How are feeling? What did you do this weekend?

Hi ladies!

Alisha - Hope your dad's gout is better! That is not fun stuff judging from what patients used to go through when I was working in the medical field.

Jane - Sounds like you had a great time at your race! Hope you're settling into the new job!

I am much better. Got the all clear from my eye doctor and my primary. She's puzzled by the fact that I've never had chicken pox.

Anyhoo, I played golf yesterday. It was a beautiful day! Sunny and 50 degrees. Forgot how happy it makes me to be out on the golf course! We went to a hockey game on Friday night. Our team lost 4-2. Bleh. Today, I took my brand new paddleboard out for it's maiden paddle! Had fun and didn't fall off! Stephen took it out for a quick spin too.

Here's a pic:

2014-11-09 12.01.38 (1) (1).jpg

My dad is doing better now that he is taking my olive leaf extract. It is helping a lot with his gout.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your race Jane.

I am so glad that your eye is okay Tricia.

Yesterday I did an upper body workout. Tonight was a rest day.

My new job is better this week. Last week it was a bit of a culture shock.

Tricia ~ I love your paddleboard. I would love to try that one day! It look great on it.

Alisha ~ I'm glad your dad is doing better.

I did 15 minutes of jogging/walking and then I did 10 minutes of drills from a 10 minute solution advanced DVD. I did pretty good

Tricia that paddleboard looks like a lot of fun!

Jane I'm glad that the new job is better this week. What about the culture is different?

Happy Saturday! It's a chilly one here in South Georgia. This morning it was 36 degrees but it's warming up into the 60's.

Wednesday I ran 3.5 miles in the dark. I hate it but at least it was warm. Thursday I did not workout as I had a meeting at work and got home late. I could have worked out but didn't feel like it. Yesterday I went running in the dark again.

Alisha ~ My last job I sat in an office and did lots of work that no one looked at. I was responsible for the facility of the building but it was very low key and casual. I basically could do whatever I wanted. I had a boss but no one really knew what I did. This company I work for is the Headquarters and I am in HR/Accounting. So it is more corporate and professional. I am really enjoying it as there is so much variety. My boss told me yesterday that she was super impressed with me. Of course I no longer have to worry about getting paid. They have $$$ and treat their employees really well. My only issue is that it's a farther drive for me. It takes me 40 minutes in the morning and 45-60 minutes in the evening however the office is located a 1/2 block from where I take my car for service and my hairdresser and Whole Foods is on the way home. I only had a 30 minute drive from my old office.

Tricia ~ What's on tap for the weekend?

Hi ladies!

Alisha - Glad your dad is doing better and you're getting some workouts in!

Jane - Nice workouts! Be careful out there in the dark! (Like I really have to tell you that, but it makes me feel better!)

Glad your job is going well. That is a long commute, but at least some things are really convenient and/or on the way back and forth.

I have actually been getting my workouts in this week! Yay, me! Nothing on the agenda this weekend other than keeping warm! It's quite chilly! Brrr! Golf is definitely out and so is paddleboarding. Our high today was 39. I hate winter.

I took a rest day, caught a GI bug, I am feeling better now. Mom took a bad fall. Our water heater died on Friday, we had a cheap hotel room for the weekend cause Dad hates cold showers. I plan to be back at exercise this week, probably a walk and yoga. I have a meeting tonight.

It was in the 60s today. I wasted it being poorly, should have been baking.

Jane I am so glad your new boss is impressed, that's a good sign

Tricia winter will be over soon. Electric throw blanket? They have them at costco.

I went for a 11 mile run on Sunday. It was warmer than Saturday. On Monday I did an upper body workout. Tonight was a rest day. It was only in the 40's today and tonight will be in the 20's but we'll warm back up after that.

Tricia ~ I wasn't really happy about the commute but it's not really that bad besides at least I'm getting a paycheck. I hate running in the dark but I have my headlight and reflective gear so it works out good.

Alisha ~ I hope things are back to normal for you. I hope you are feeling better and that your mom's fall wasn't too bad. Hope your meeting goes well tonight.

Hi ladies!

Alisha - It never rains, but it pours! Sorry so much has gone wrong lately! Hope your mom is doing okay! Falls can be scary!

Jane - At least your cold temps don't last as long as ours do! Brrr! Glad it'll be warming up for you!

Been keeping up with my workouts for the most part. Now, I need to work on my food! My biggest problem is that my kitchen is a disaster! That's going to get better this weekend since Stephen invited practically the entire Finance PhD department to our house for Thanksgiving! We will be feeding about 6 or 7 people in addition to ourselves. At least they will all be bring something so I don't have to cook everything!

So excited! Ripped with HIIT will be shipping soon! Can't wait to start that one!

Hope you two have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I will be off all next week! So looking forward to it! This week has been brutal at work! Between getting used to the new e-filing system for court and being pulled in several different directions at once every day, I've been exhausted!

Have a great weekend!

It's raining.:) We had been asked to do a job, packed the kit, got a hotel room, and then they change their minds! Just as well, I have a little congestion this morning. So that took up the last two days. At least the water heater works :).

Jane you always do so great on your wrongs! Just be safe out there in the dark. I saw several people running in the dark last night. I hope they are safe to :)

Tricia I didn't preorder ripped with hit because it looks so challenging! You will have to tell me how it ranks compared to the other workouts.

I went running on Wednesday. It was cold but we warmed up pretty quickly. I only run around the neighborhood at dark. They are usually 2 or 3 of us and we were reflective vests and headlamps. I took a rest day on Thursday and Friday. We switched our long run to this morning because it is suppose to rain tomorrow so we did 12 miles this morning. Our half marathon in Memphis is in two weeks. I am praying that the weather will cooperative this year.

Tricia ~ Great job on your workouts. Enjoy your week off. We are off on Thursday and Friday. Then the week after that (first week in December) I am taking off 3 days for our trip to Memphis to run the St. Jude Half. I am not being paid since I just started work but that will not be a problem since I had 191 hours of vacation from my last job and got paid for it.

Alisha ~ Yay for the rain! Sorry about your job being cancelled. Yay for hot water!

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

Alisha - That kind of stinks about the job, but at least it gave you a chance to rest and feel better! Enjoy Long Beach!

Jane - Hope you have good weather for the race this year, too! 191 hours of vacation??? That's a lot!

We have had rain all day today and sleet late this afternoon. It's supposed to turn to snow and give 1-3" overnight. I have spent my week cleaning for company tomorrow. I will start cooking early since I didn't do any pre-cooking this year. Hope everyone shows up! If they don't, the menu is going to be pretty small since we are depending on the guests bringing sides and dessert! We shall see.

Be safe and have a wonderful Thanksgjving!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.