Nov. Butt Rotation Check In

Hello! I know I'm a little late in getting started but I started the Nov. Butt rotation today! I just finished the October one on Sunday. I only had time for the Step premix of Intensity today. I'm not sure I could have done more had I had the time, it was hard!

Just to introduce myself: I'm a homeschool mom of 4 boys, 2, 7, 9 and 12. I wish I had the time to dedicate hours daily to working out, but I just can't. But I try to get in 20-30 min on most days of the week. I've gained a lot (70-90 pounds) with all my pregnancies, but tend to lose it all in 12-14 months to be in the middle of my height range, I'm 5'9". Unfortunately, in the past 12 months I've managed to put 20 back on. So that's what I'm working to take off. My favorite Cathe workouts are: Rhythmic Step, Xtrain Burn Sets and Party Rockin' Step 2. I feel like I have a lot of workouts, but I don't think I have half of Cathe's workouts.

I'm a little nervous about this rotation with the BBW part!

Hi LadyLep-

Glad to have a fellow butt blaster! If you ever get a 15-20 min. break I suggest doing the walking lunges or the BBW segment Cathe created. Both get me sweating and will definitely be worth your while.

Thanks to everyone for keeping me inspired to keep going!

Beth

I'm a little nervous about this rotation with the BBW part!

Don't be worried about that ... the BBW is do-able. The walking lunges for me are the scary part. Didn't do week one (sore and out of time), Week two .. did 150 of them and happy about that. Week 3 is today for me ... we shall see this afternoon!

Welcome to the rotation group!

Good Evening Ladies!!!

Well I just finished Tabatacise (all 5 tabatas) then did the 300 walking lunges and then finished up with Core Max #1. I increased my weights with the lunges to 10#'s per hand, and really slowed down and tightened my butt with each lunge. WOW did I ever feel it!!! It was tough walking up my steps afterwards. Dare I say that I thought Tabatacise was almost "easy" after doing X10.

Mary

Are you sure *you* aren't coming down with something? LOL All 5 tabatas? Ok - gauntlet picked up. Challenge accepted :) LOL Maybe ...

Great workout!

UGH! I am mad at myself. I overslept this am. Then lagged and got lost in my phone instead of working out this am. I figured I could do it at work ... but forgot I have to leave early to get my son to the dentist. :mad: Grrr.

Now I must workout this afternoon/evening ... and I hate that!

Good Morning,

LadyLep, Welcome!!!!

I finished Rockout Knockout and the bag bonus. I was feeling very strong after all of those kicks and punches so I completed my workout with the hip thrust bonus. I know its part of the STS estimated weight for each individual, but I was just wondering how much weight you all are using on the hip thrust.

Sure hope everyone that was feeling under the weather can join us again real soon.

Have a great day!!

Thank You Angela,
That will give me something to push for. I am only doing 40lbs but I know I can do more. That is one of the reasons I love to hear what weight Cathe is using...it just guides me. I might try to tack on an extra 5lbs next time. :)

I've been out of the loop a few days but I've been keeping up with the rotation. Today was Rockout Knockout. I love this workout even though I modify to keep some of the moves low impact. I always feel pumped when I'm done - like bring it!

Well, today was a bit of a downer. I did most of Rockout Knockout. I felt really tired though even before I started so I quit after the kickbox combos and went and took a nice (not too hot because my skin is already drying out this fall/winter) bath. Now I feel less tired and will be able to give Crossfire what it deserves tomorrow!

Celina-I did the Hip Thrusts with 40 pounds last week. I had to have my husband hand me the barbell and take it off when I was done. I usually use 35 pounds and find I like it better.

Keep Rockin everyone!

Beth

Logging from my iPhone app - pretty cool!

After being a lazy slug this morning, I came home after getting my son to the dentist and did tabata's 1-3, 250 walking lunges with a 10 lb best, and then core work.

I feel better about myself now :)

feeling better

Hi All,
Well I'm finally feeling much better so I'm gonna join you all tomorrow for Cross Fire!
Can't wait!

Elena

Happy Hump Day!!!!

It was a long day at work and then I came home to Lower Body Blast. It's been awhile since I did this workout and I forgot how challenging it was. I seriously considered stopping halfway through, but you ladies popped into my head and I was able to soldier on. I even added the bonus barre section at the end. It Got Me Good!!!! While I was doing the barre work, I was wondering why Cathe didn't add Gym Style Legs and Turbo Barre to this rotation?? Both are excellent in working hips/legs/butt.

So glad to hear that everyone is starting to feel better. I didn't get a flu shot and might be regretting that decision with all the "stuff" going around.

I'm looking forward to Rockout Knockout tomorrow. I don't have a heavy bag, but I will do the bonus, I just imagine I'm hitting a bag. Still is a great workout.

Ok Ladies, I am going to bed!!!! This gal is TIRED... Have a great evening!

Mary

Up early today ... legs were tired after the walking lunges yesterday. Today I subbed in Butts and Guts. Phew.

Weight is bouncing around and I need it down for the weigh in on Mon/Tues .. so hitting the gym for long slow cardio at lunch!

Did Cross Fire: Less Impact Premix this a.m. Boy less impact does not mean you work less; I was drenched by the end but I got through.

Up early today ... legs were tired after the walking lunges yesterday. Today I subbed in Butts and Guts. Phew.

Weight is bouncing around and I need it down for the weigh in on Mon/Tues .. so hitting the gym for long slow cardio at lunch!
So, your legs are sore from the walking lunges and you decide to sub Butts & Guts for today + cardio at lunchtime?? Are you super women?? You must have legs of steele!! Butts and Guts puts me over the edge every time. It's a great workout but my legs are like rubber afterwards. I guess I'll have to add a little something extra after Rockout Knockout tonight. Maybe I'll do the glute raises. I'll just have to wait and see how the mood strikes me.

Mary

So, your legs are sore from the walking lunges and you decide to sub Butts & Guts for today + cardio at lunchtime?? Are you super women?? You must have legs of steele!! Butts and Guts puts me over the edge every time. It's a great workout but my legs are like rubber afterwards. I guess I'll have to add a little something extra after Rockout Knockout tonight. Maybe I'll do the glute raises. I'll just have to wait and see how the mood strikes me.

Mary

Mary,

I *heart* you right now. :) No - not super woman. I am doing a dietbet (28 days to lose 4% of body weight.) I have 1-ish pounds to go ... I gained a bit last night, I think due to salty dinner to water retention from workouts. Weigh in in Mon/Tues ... so I need to take it off. Normally I am not a 2-a-day-er .. but these are special circumstances. Plus, work is gearing up for a move, so the 'sciency' stuff is decreased and I have time to double up.

Wish me luck! It will be a long SLOW easy cardio to get the calorie burn and rev the metabolism. No crazy sprints or anything!

And I had to sub in something since I don't have Lower Body Blast :)

Just finished Crossfire. I added in the core circuit since I cut yesterday's a little short. It actually seemed easier than I remembered. Either that or my legs are getting stronger! I do modify the plunge lunges to pop squats-a 180 degree lunge turn is too hard on my knees unless I do it really slow and controlled and then I feel bad cause Cathe and the gang are all going like mad!

I've never done Great Glutes but previewed it Monday and am looking forward to it tomorrow. See you then!

Beth

Hi all-

I didn't get in CLB yesterday, but I did today! I had done rounds 1-6 over the weekend and so I did rounds 7-12 today, no warm up or cool down, just didn't have the time.

Tomorrow is Pyramid Upper Body (57 min) plus 300 walking lunges, but I don't have it. Any suggestions? I just did Burn Sets last weekend so I don't want to do that one again.

Here are are my options: just do the walking lunges, or add in:

Muscle Max premix 1 or 2 (42 and 32 min)
Body Max 2 premix double upper body is 72 min, but I would just do it once 20 min w/o warm up and cool down
STS Total Body premix upper body 24 min
Xtrain CBS or BT or some combo to be shorter
Hardcore Extreme just the upper body of Interval Circuit not sure how long that would be
4Day Split premix all upper body, again not sure how long, maybe an hour
Cardio and Weights timesaver upper body

I may end up going with whatever time works out. Doing the BM2 or HC Extreme sounds different and fun. I love the music in BM2. But what would be most similar to Pyramid upper body or doesn't it matter since they all target upper body?

I also don't have Flextrain, maybe I should just sub out Supercuts for that one?
I better get to bed if I hope to get up early to do one!

I'm a week behind most of you, so today was STS Total Body upper body premix. It was only 24 minutes long! Did I do the right one? I added in the warm up and stretch, then noticed after the stretch it started playing some incline chest stuff, but since I had already stretched I didn't do it. I'm confused. It didn't feel like today was long enough, but maybe Cathe was just giving us a break. I don't think I had ever really looked at the premixes on this one before - I was surprised it didn't include warm up and stretch.

Good Morning

Missed posting yesterday. After crossfire, I went shopping with my mom. I was really surprised too that it is getting easier. The first time I did this workout it was really hard for me to do it all. It was tough but doable for me this time.

Today I did Great Glutes. Normally I struggle with those darn pizza presses etc. at the end. Again it was tough but doable. So happy about that.

Love reading how hard we are all working.
My weight is up and down also.
It is so funny that we have mostly chosen 40ish lbs for hip thrusts...cathe bods think alike :)

Have a great day girls!! We are three weeks in yay!!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.